Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day/Night look for Anniversaries :)

I've read many blogs with ladies who'd been celebrating with their boyfriends, husbands for 2, 3, 4 (and even more) year anniversaries. That is a pretty long time :) I decided to do my very first themed look, just for kicks. I decided to use the Physicians Formula e/s palette in Pop Green Eyes. I bought this awhile ago and didn't touch it until now o_o
 
I also used Physicians Formula Mineral wear face powder in Buff Beige. I was never  too impressed with their powders, especially the loose ones because of that mineral-y, metallic-y smell. But the pressed powder that I used today was absolutely gorgeous. The shade blended very well with the undertones of my skin and didn't highlight any flaws I feared. I am very impressed by the formula, texture-wise. It is a very soft matte that gives varying coverages depending on how much you brush on. In my case, I used it also as a concealer by concentrating the product under my eyes, chin, etc. 


The powder seems to have brightened my face a little, making me look more awake in contrast of how tired I usually look without makeup magic. 

 

I also used Rosy Glow on my cheeks. I love this color!

The eyeshadows are so pretty too! I really like the colors. The colors range from a sparkly white to a deep forest green. There are a mix of purple toned colors to balance out the many  variations of green.

 

 I tried my best to blend. I have a come a looong way and have learned so much through seeing everyone's different techniques. 




 Overall, this is an easy look for dates, anniversaries or any occasions! :) 



 In addition to the Physicians Formula powder, eyeshadows and blush, I used MAC fluid line in Black Track to line my eyes, Loreal Collagen mascara, and Estee Lauder lipstick in Bois de Rose. 

That's all! :) Easy? 

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!



25 comments:

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

wow! that's such a cool 3D effect you created. fantastic fotd :)

Tammy said...

Your eye makeup looks amazing and so well blended, I wish I could do it as well as you^^ What colours are you using btw? Is it a blue/olive green mix? It's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

The eyeshadow looks amazing on you, photos are really stunning :)

Petite Gorgeous said...

I have oily skin. Do you have recommendations for making eyeshadows stay on my eyelids?

s said...

Wow your shadows here really pop! I love the colors! Brighter shadow color complement your skintone really nicely :) And Jen how do you always have such beautiful glowing skin??

Unknown said...

Tammy - I used the lightest green and the darkest green on the palette and a little purple in the middle. I think that mix turned it blue :p

Petite - Use a primer or pat powder on your lids before applying e/s. It really helps! :) Apply powder that is oil free.

Sophia - You are so nice all the time! Beautiful glowing skin!? It's the makeup!!

Stephanie C said...

i love the look! your rave about the physicians formula has made me interested. I'll have to go and look into it ^^

Ping said...

cute cute! i love the shadow and you didn't over do it either. i love blue eye shadow and in college i'd pile it on. my gay friend would say...Ping turn off the lights...because it was so bright. hahah! your hair looks great too -- so voluminous!

Crystal said...

The look is so cute. Very vibrant but not too crazy. I like your cheek color a lot!^0^

Petite Gorgeous said...

Thank you for the tip! I will try out with powder foundation.

Susie said...

I have their powder & blush too! I really like them but they can get really messy :(

Miss Shopcoholic said...

gorgeous!

MadsaboutU said...

You got really great looking skin and I envy you! I also just noticed that you have those beautiful moles on each cheek. I think it's gorgeous! love how you work the eye make-up.

Ricademus said...

I'll have to show this to my wife--we go overboard with anniversaries. We celebrate the day we met, when we became a couple and of course the wedding anniversary. Throw in Mother's Day, Father's day, birthday's, Christmas, Valentine's Day and it's no wonder we're broke--but happy! =)

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

amazing eye make-up...you're definitely good at it.

thanks so much by the way for the encouraging words on my last post..i am trying to get by and i do hope that the leap i'm taking is worth it!

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

BeautyOnTheWay said...

lovely blog, you look so cute!

ChyiX2 said...

That eyeshadow color combo is gorgeous! and you're looking lovely as always :)

Unknown said...

hey jen!! the eye makeup looks AMAZING! i wish i was that talented! i always end up doing very subtle eye makeup because i'm too scared i'm overdoing it! i love the hot pink shirt btw!

Angelique said...

Ohh very pretty! The colors are so vibrant :D. I suck at blending. haha

Tina-Bobeena said...

love the FOTD! i wish to see more of your beautiful face since your hair kinda covers it. :) keep it rockin!

serenadeveryday said...

Your skin does look like it has a glow effect. Very pretty. I can't believe you had problem skins before [read on your last post].

Your blue and gold shadow looks really pretty as well. It's definitely an anniversary look.


<3s Serena.

D e g a i n e said...

Looks good, love those shades. Nice blog :)

D E G A I N E

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Sheila said...

Hey Jen! I posted up instructions on how to add me to your blog list here: http://maddyloves.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/some-thoughts-on-wordpress/

Thanks so much for coming back, haha.

And I love this colourful look on you!

coolboy said...

looooks awesome wonderful makeup

DiWiMakeup said...

Perfect post! My anniversary is in two months, but I will definitely keep this look in mind! I love that it was overly complicated. :)

xo, Diana