Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Soft pink hues

Pink eye shadow. Yay or nay?

Personally, I would steer away as far as possible from pink eyeshadows because they are intimidating and really hard to pull off for me. I've made a disaster on my face once with a pinkish reddish shadow, giving me way too much bronzy illusions for my liking. I don't think I'm a "bronzy" type of person. I can't pull off golds or rustic colors because I feel my skin is too similar to it...haha. I feel it's too attention-getting for work too. But anyway, back to pink shadows. I decided to give it another try after seeing so many ladies pulling it off beautifully. I think the trick is to pair it with very black mascara and eyeliner to give it that vibrant contrast.


It's quite subtle here, but I tried. I think I'll do this look for tomorrow if I can get up in the morning :)

Here's what I used!


I love the Sephora eye shadow palette. All the colors are so densely pigmented and in perfect miniature sizes. I really love it!

I bought this Physician's Formula in Waikiki Strip/Peachy Glow Bronzer a few weeks ago, but never had a chance to swatch it... so here it is in all its shadowy glory.




Pretty colors, huh? Sadly, it didn't work out very well for me. It made me feel really tacky because the shimmers are out of control. I tried to apply it as bronzer on my cheeks using the light to medium part but it looked like I was burned. One of my coworkers asked me if a child did my makeup! o_o LOL. She was kidding. It felt okay in my apt, but I guess under fluorescent office lights, it probably looked ferocious o_o

I normally love PF products, just not this one! Any experiences? :)

Thanks for all the sweet comments in my previous post. I have never received so much feedback about a product before! :) 

Goodnight all :)

23 comments:

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

it looks great on you! yeah, i avoid all pinks and reds because it looks scary on me xD

Tammy said...

I used to be really intimidated by pink eyeshadows too but now I really love wearing them. I think it differs for everyone depending on their skintone, but I like shimmery pinks paired with dolly-pink lips and cheeks :D

I really liked Physician's Formula before too. I think I was using the powder compact in that mosaic design. I also didn't really like to use bronzer either because my skin is so olive-toned that it makes me look colourless, but now I like dusting a bit under my cheekbones to give them more dimension...dunno if that'll put your PF bronzer to some use^^

Mai said...

I think it looks quite nice on you! It's subtle but also looks nice with the liner

-AnGiEpInK- said...

gorgeous look..very soft and simple..I like it..=)..

ChyiX2 said...

Very soft and feminine, I think you pulled this look off beautifully :) As for the juicy tube, I packed on a slightly thicker layer than I normally would lipgloss but the color payoff is pretty good.

Petite Gorgeous said...

I like the pink tone on you. I've tried pink shades myself, and didn't find them working for me. Colors that have green understones work better on my darker Asian skin.

Leenda said...

I like your new layout! =] I think you pulled off the pink eyeshadow look quite well. I guess according to your coworker the shimmers were extreme! lol

Ping said...

The pink is not bad on you at all. You have the skin tone for it so the color pops against your skin.

I'm kind of pale so when I wear pink eyeshadow, it makes me look like I have pink eye! :(

s said...

I say... YAY!! It brightens up your eyes and looks glowing! It's so feminine looking, and really pretty on you. I especially like the highlight! I think that's the best part. Perhaps keep the highlight, and try a brown-toned shadow for lid for easier everyday use? And yes it looks great with the mascara! You def pulled this off and look great Jen ^_^

lindah said...

You can make pink shadows show up "pink" is to use a white base under it like NYX jumbo pencil in milk :D It's a great way to make your colors POP! ^_^ I have been sporting the only foundation look lately and now I'm thinking about sporting the sunscreen face... LOL, I'm so lazy! It's harder and harder to get up with this summer heat. And anything with shimmer or bronze, I DON'T USE! It looks dirty on my face :( IDK WHY! But I just stay away from them now to avoid wasting money :)

beneath the glass said...

i really like the pink! and it's funny you feel that you can't pull off bronze or rustic colors, especially cuz you're asian, lol. personally i think you could pull it off well!

Tina-Bobeena said...

the pink e/s looks great on you. gives you a soft and fresh look. sport it more often!!! :) as for the PF...i'm sorry it didn't work for you. it is on the shimmery side.

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i actually love the peach and bronze palette as it's what suits my skin...can you send me this one instead?hehehehe.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

I like the pinks on you! :] That pysician formula bronzer looks pretty! I might have to try that, you can definitely use those as eyeshadows as well as a bronzer.

Lilladylife said...

the palettes look pretty! love the pink toned look!

MadsaboutU said...

I avoid the shades of orange, pink and red. I can't figure out how to wear it without looking too costume-y. However looking at how you did it makes me want to try again. You look absolutely lovely!

Carrie Tai said...

i love pink color but it doesnt go well on my eyes.... :(

rene said...

very sweet! I can't pull off pink eyeshadow too. They look bruised on me. Haha! I think you blend it real well.

noone said...

This soft bronze/brown look is nice on you. I have that Sephora palette too, it's pretty nice eh?! :D

Nunu said...

Thanks for your comment! and also thank you for visiting my blog xD
I also find that I can't carry off pinks on my eye, it just makes them look puffy/I've been crying T.T
If you find PF shimmer strips too frosty, you should try Diorskin shimmers! much less fall out and just leaves you glowy

Unknown said...

Pink is cute on you :) I think as long as you wear something with red hue it should be fine ^^

Oh and you asked about harlem pants or whatever and I think they go best with either boots (tucked in) or with sandals/platform/wedges (over 3"). I plan on wearing mine with some once I feel summer is really here!

Makeup Morsels said...

wow props for pulling off that pink look, I'm kinda scared of pink shadow too, but if I use it it's usually a light shimmery pink paired with gold. Anyways about the physician's formula, you could try using them as shadows since they would make some nice shimmery neutrals.

Anonymous said...

love the pink! very pretty :)