Thursday, September 18, 2014

Review: Kate Integrate Mascara and Kate Lash Maximizer Primer

FINALLY. Freaking finally, I have found a lash method that works for me. With my sparse Asian eyelashes, it's like a science just to find a mascara that lifts, volumizes and doing so without breaking my lashes, and clumping. I honestly love my Loreal Telescopic Mascara a lot (my favorite, and HG), but i love exploring other mascaras. It's part of what makeup hoarders junkies do.



So I finally started getting into Japanese mascaras and the first one I ever tried (the one I'm also reviewing) is seriously amazing. Kate, from the global brand Kanebo, is a line of Japanese drugstore cosmetics aimed at trendy, and cost conscious consumers. Also, the fact that the quality of this mascara is so nice is a stark contrast to "just another drugstore product".



The Kate Integrate mascara has a skinny applicator which works really great in terms of lengthening. The formula is also quite dry so it won't weigh your lashes down. In fact, it is superbly lightweight in contrast to the Loreal Telescopic one. That one darkens my lashes a lot more than this one. 

The Kate lash primer is also an interesting product because the primer itself is white! It has little feathers of product that stick onto your lashes to make it look more amplified. It's like an extension of your own lashes. 


















14 comments:

Cassandrapamela said...

wow!! the effect is really great!! I think I need to give it a go! I have very pathetic lashes *hiks* so I almost give up and just do eye lash extension. lol but eye lash extension requires a lot of maintenance so I am still indecisive about it.. this mascara is on my bucket list now :-D

Sharlynn said...

Jen, this looks amazing! Your lashes are so separated, thick and curled! Love the combination! I never use primers but I should check that one out!

TracyBeautyReflections said...

Wow! That really does work beautifully for you! So very pretty! Happy you found something that works so well!

Lily said...

I was just looking at this during lunch! The tester was a mess and put me off. What a timely review though. Will have to check it out again :-)

Jacqueline Ma said...

I must this then, to be honest I have overlooked the Japanese brands. I bought one called Heroine Make mascara but I didn't like it much.

Kiss & Make-up said...

The result looks really nice! I don't think I've ever heard of this brand.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you! :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I have that one too and it's just too expensive to always buy! haha

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I hope you like it :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Tracy!!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you! =) Check it out!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

WHAT! I need to try that. To be honest, I wanted to try it ever since I saw the commercials! haha

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

This might be the answer! hehe. Extensions are great, but costly over time -_-

laura said...

tbh, I picked it up BECAUSE of the commercials. Prior to that, I'd read lots of negative reviews. I'm pleased it's worked out for me!