Saturday, August 30, 2014

Viva Labs Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

I have been using this product since last November and it's one of the best things I've ever used on myself. Coconut oil has many great benefits for eating healthy but there's also really awesome benefits to use it externally on our skin and hair! I am raving about this particular one because it's USDA certified organic and also comes at an amazing price for the amount of coconut oil you get!



First of all, the texture is what you expect coconut oil to be. In cold temps, the oil is solidified (below 75 degrees) and is a straight solid fat. In higher temps (above 75), it becomes an oil.

Coconut oil has a lot of fatty acids that are good for skin. Lauric acid, which is a chain of fatty acids present in coconut oil are said to have antimicrobial properties and will actually ward away bacteria. I have used this coconut oil on my face (evenings) on days when my skin is irritated and zitty. Overnight it actually helps lessen the irritation and heal it. I think that's quite a feat that many skincare products have a hard time doing. Because the oil goes through the pores in our face, it's quite effective at moisturizing our skin and keeping it glowy and healthy.

The scent of this coconut oil is divine! It's so beautiful. Very coconut-y and warm.

I also use this coconut oil as a substitute for body lotion and also on the ends of my hair. I end up using this for pretty much everything. It's a great all in one multitasker. During my DIY phase, I also used this coconut oil to make lip balms! You can see the post here!

Price-wise, you can order it on Amazon for $12.95. I think it's a great deal for what it does and knowing that it's organic is a good way to know what you're putting on your face and body has no harmful pesticides.



5 comments:

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Hey Jen, wow 12,95 for such a big tub? Score! I've been meaning to pick up some coconut oil. I've heard it removes makeup really well as well :)

laura said...

I love coconut oil! I used it when I was living in Illinois, but since it's much more humid here in St. Louis, i haven't used it in my hair and skin lately. Still-- it's GREAT!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

It's great =D Its so dry in CA so it's a constant need!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yes, it does!

Whitney said...

Your blog is super cute! Theres some 'organic supermarkets' that I know of selling coconut oil for $9 a jar and I've been wanting to try it for my hair!