Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Review: Perlier Imperial Honey Body Butter

Body butters are essential. Living in California requires a substantial amount moisturizers because of the dry, arid climate. In the winter, it gets even drier because of the cold weather, and heating. When I first tried the Perlier Imperial Honey body butter, I hadn't heard of the brand before but it seemed really luxurious because of the pretty packaging and its namesake.


 Perlier Imperial Honey Body Butter - 6.7 fl oz ($40.00)




The body butter is incredible. It's very moisturizing! Even more so than the Body Shop butters. Can you believe that? I actually really enjoy the texture a lot and I loved the fact that it really penetrates the skin. My arms and legs actually felt nourished without that heavy silicone feeling.



They claim that the formula is made from black bees and royal jelly. I actually know of Burt's Bees that formulate some of products using royal jelly and it's just a very natural ingredient that's very good for the skin because of its high antioxidants.



The one con about this butter is the scent. It's a really strong dark chocolate smell... it gives me the impression of Hershey's special dark chocolates but times 10000+. I'm not a huge fan of the scent and I actually cringe at the smell whenever I wear it but I try to let the quality of the butter offset the smell.



I do think aside from the scent that this body butter is very good. It leaves my skin with that really supple feeling that lasts all night. In the morning when I am getting dressed for work, my skin still feels really hydrated! It's like a miracle worker!



Ingredients: AQUA (WATER), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER), THEOBROMA CACAO BUTTER (THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER), ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, PERSEA GRATISSIMA OIL (PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL), BEHENYL ALCOHOL, PEG-40 STEARATE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, PENTAERYTHRITYL DISTEARATE, STEARIC ACID, MEL (HONEY), SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS OIL (SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL), CETYL ALCOHOL, ROYAL JELLY, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PHENOXYETHANOL, CARBOMER, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, COUMARIN.

MADE IN ITALY

If you're interested in checking out the body butter, check it out here!





2 comments:

TracyBeautyReflections said...

It sounds heavenly actually! I think my daughter would love this!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Hmm I do like foody scents in winter, but not when they're too strong! Glad to hear the formula works well though! The ingredient list does look very good!