Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day, Purple Eyeshadow, and Loreal

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Very happy for a 3 day weekend. I flew home yesterday to spend my holiday with family and it's been fun so far. My agenda is basically doing whatever they want and not having to make plans for anything. Just lazing around is more than adequate for me, except, I do need me a girly latte right now though.

I brought home a Loreal eyeshadow quad with me for the weekend and I intend to use it with my Naked II palette. I really think plum/purple eyeshadows are gorgeous with neutral colors. 

Loreal Color Riche Quad in Sultry Suduction




The packaging of this quad is cute - reminds me of a seashell. Unique looking and interesting. Older Loreal quads were much more different, boring. 



This quad has a nice sheen in all the colors. I particularly like the purple and the slate grey. The texture is soft and quite pigmented. It has a nice "satin" finish that is both elegant and subtle. 





I used mainly the purple shade but I did try to incorporate the other colors as well. My hooded eyelids just eat it up, I guess -_- ... I do have to say that this quad is very usable. I love neutral shades a LOT but a touch of color, especially purple, is such a nice pairing to neutral, earthy tones. 


This quad is a winner in my book. I think I will get a lot of use out of it for work and play. Subtle, elegant and fresh. The purple is like a pretty bouquet bloom in an otherwise neutral quad. 

Products used in the FOTD:

Loreal Color Riche Quad in Sultry Suduction (527)
Loreal Color Riche Laquer Lip Gloss in Endless Red
Loreal Volumous Mascara (my favorite!)
MUFE F&B Foundation (HG!)


Do you like the Loreal eyeshadow quads? Have you tried this particular palette or another? :)

Happy Memorial Day, US readers! Hope your weekend will be as relaxing as it should be. How are you celebrating it!? 







37 comments:

Pang said...

It's good to hear that the pigmentation and texture of these eyeshadows were good. I'm always iffy about trying out drugstore eyeshadows cause they tend to be a hit or miss. Enjoy your memorial weekend :)

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Wow this is a really sultry look!!! Love the taupe and the purple. It's a winner! Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Mindy Fan said...

I have seen these shadows in the store but have yet to pick it up. Those color look really nice on you and it makes me kinda wanna pick it up haha!

http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

Stephanie Lau said...

GORGEOUS!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

The colors in that quad are so pretty! Very unique too!

Sheila said...

Oohh pretty colors in the eyeshadow quad!


xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

Cynthia said...

Never tried yet and you look lovely in that shade. I haven't been playing with my eye shadows for a long time. It's time for me to pull out my palettes and start using it again.

TracyBeautyReflections said...

You look so pretty!! I love these shades on you. Your eyes look so brown and beautiful!

Wanischa said...

I have never made purple work on me before but this is a gorgeous look.
Kah-Feh Yen
xx

Meihearts said...

Your eye makeup looks so pretty! That little palette has such pretty colors, I might need to pick one up~ Hope you had a great Memorial day weekend ^^

-Mei
http://meihearts.blogspot.com

Miss Makeup Magpie said...

Such a pretty quad you have used, I love L'Oreal's makeup, it's always such good quality! xx

Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

Stephanie @ Fantasia Beauty said...

What a gorgeous palette! Love the purple and how it applied on you :) I love the color that you applied with this look :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks! ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I hope you do :D

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

yeah they are unique!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw, thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yeah you should haha

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you Tracy!!!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I did, thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Great quality, I agree!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Steph!

Andrea said...

The colours in the quad are so pretty. You look great Jen! Hope you had a wonderful long weekend :)

Lily said...

Very pretty Jen. Love the combination!

Christine said...

looks really amazing! i love the sultry effect, purple is such a flattering colour for anyone :)

I hope you're having a beautiful day ~ XO
NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
Let's connect at GFC and BLOGLOVIN'

TulipLove said...

This is a really pretty palette! I love the look you made with it - very elegant, and I especially love the red lip gloss too :)

Eugenia said...

I love that lip color on you!

Shop N' Chomp said...

Gorgeous purples! It looks fabulous on you. :D

Sharlynn said...

I've been seeing this quad any many other from them out in store and being featured on blogs! I think the purples really suit you, you've made quite a seductress trype look with that bold lip!

Raimar ღ Guevara ღ said...

Oh beautiful makeup and palette!


www.sakuranko.com

trishie said...

Your makeup looks really beautiful...very sultry

Liz said...

I have not tried any L'oreal eyeshadow palettes before but I think I should because this one is so nice! I really like this makeup look on you. It's so feminine and pretty~

Liz

www.lizchewy.com

Lisa Wong said...

That lipstick is the perfect colour on you!

PopChampagne said...

ooh you look great in here, the lipstick is a great shade, lol i thought memorial day weekend was last weekend, ah well, have a great one!!

Silly Lilacs said...

I was at Walmart the other day and hesitated on this palette! Now I regret not picking it up. Oh well, next time right?


Oh man I definitely know what you mean with the hooded eyelid eating all the colors up!

Hevn said...

Aww.. you look so pretty! I love the lip colour on you, it brighten your entire face, gorgeous