Monday, May 20, 2013

Review: Loreal Caresse Wet Lip Stain in Endless Red


Hi ladies! Happy Monday! 

Thanks for all your comments on the manicure fail post! I definitely think the culprit is the seche vite top coat. I used another nail polish over the weekend without applying the seche vite and my nails are looking fine. I also buffed my nails before application to get rid of any oils that might not adhere to the polish. And so far...No chippage! 

Today I'd like to show you guys a lip product from Loreal that's been quite the hype. The Loreal Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Endless Red. 

  This red is densely pigmented and the color is so true to its name. The texture is a bit interesting... like a lip stain, I suppose. When you first wear it, it has that really wet feeling but it dries to a lip balm texture very quickly. I'm not sure I really enjoy the feeling of applying the gloss on but it does look very pretty - packaging and color. 




The stain doesn't last very long but it's long enough that my lips don't feel dry at any point. I'd say a good 2-3 hours. The bright shine only lasts momentarily though because wind and environment def affects how long it stays shiny. 

This color is exceptional though. I love the intensity of the red! It's bright, richly pigmented and bold. This red is gorgeous! Honestly, one of the prettiest reds I've ever met and I don't wear reds too much.




Overall, I am really impressed with this lip gloss/stain. It feels comfortable once the gloss has been set and the color is vibrant. Loreal did an outstanding job with these glosses in terms of wear and comfort factor. Not high maintenance in any way! The gloss itself is very lightweight and non-drying. The formula, while not perfect for my taste, is near perfect in its execution of a lipstick/gloss/stain combo. Much kudos for that! 

A lot of people say it's a nice dupe for the YSL Stains. I'm not sure how that compares because I've never tried it before but they do look very similar and the lip wand is nearly identical.

What do you think? Comparable, Dupeable? Do you like this lipgloss?  :) 




18 comments:

Kim A. said...

i'm really impressed with the packaging. at first glance, i thought it was YSL. hahahaha i purchase a lot of lipsticks, so i'm not as familiar with lip glosses. i think the color looks great on you and i'm impressed with the lasting time. great review!

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Shopping Obsession said...

I haven't tried the YSL version either but think this is a pretty good lip stain. Long-lasting power and colors are beautiful. I only got 2 shades and I find the brighter color stain much better.

april hollie arnado said...

nice! it looks like you just ate candies that stain your lips ^_^

Random Beauty by Hollie

Pang said...

I've read some complaints about the formula and pigmentation on these but for me I really liked them.

Sheila said...

ooo looks like a gorgeous color! :)

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

Buggiebean said...

I have both and the L'Oreal gloss is pretty close to the YSL. To me the YSL version is not as tacky, which is more preferable for me.


I do love the last pic of you. You look beautiful!

Eugenia said...

I have not tried this but I really like it on you!

BeautyReflections said...

I agree! I have this and love it too!
That last pic of you is so GORGEOUS!! LOVE.

trishie said...

I'm loving that colour on you! I don't think this product has reached Australian shores yet but i'll be sure to look out for it.

Cassandrapamela said...

it's a pretty color,Jen!
I have the YSL version which I like but not I love.. I think it's a nice product but i won't repurchase it since I don't think it's worth the hefty pricetag.. so I think this one from loreal is a nice alternative/dupe.. I have read a lot of good reviews about it ^^

Sandy Chau said...

thats a really pretty colour!

Andrea said...

I love the colour on you! I'll have to check it out :)

Jessica Mattioli said...

nice color!!

/www.thefashionheels.com

Angie @ pandaphilia.com said...

you look so glamorous in that last photo! i like the barely stained tint

Larie said...

I like this formula a lot, too! I haven't tried the YSL version, but I have two of these!

sleepandwater said...

Beautiful red on you, I love how it works with your eye makeup in the photo! It's pretty sheer so it would be a great option for those that are still a little intimidated by really full on, intense reds. I am a little on the fence about these L'Oreal lip stains ... I do like the look of them however I found them to be uncomfortable on the lips, kind of mask-like and thick in a way?

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Eeee Jen I love this one on you! The stain effect is so gorgeous!

Karen Chin said...

This colour is gorgeous on you! I find that the texture is too sticky and heavy for my liking, although I really like the colour pay off of these stains. Shame about the longevity of this lip gloss/stain though :(


http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com