Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Office Chic: Rosy Lips, Pink Nails

I've wanted to start a new series on my blog dedicated to office wear, office accessories, makeup, and similar things for women who, like myself, are in the office daily and constantly on the mend to make ourselves stand out in an otherwise controlled setting.

As I've mentioned before, I recently took on a new job at a start-up and I'm having a great time so far. But I am the only girl here! hah. I do have freedom in what I wear, and there is no strict dress code for start-ups usually but I feel it's always nice to put an effort in how you look even in a relaxed atmosphere.

Well, to start off this series, what's more fitting than to show a bit of spring color on lips and nails? It's office-friendly, life-friendly (lol) and easy.


Revlon Soft Rose 
One of my favorite lipsticks from Revlon. It's richly colored, pigmented and has a nice soft focus effect.



Essie Mademoiselle 
One of the prettiest nail polishes I've ever come across, EVER! Chic, pretty and 100% girly!


Sorry for my horrendous cuticles! The camera catches all the flaws -_-

There are so many different shades of pink, and in the spectrum, there is a flattering pink for everyone. I particularly like pale pinks, and bright pinks. I think pinks add a subtle touch of class, and rosy colors translates to a very elegant, yet refined woman. 

And thank God for drugstore lipsticks - lets us experiment to our heart's content! 

Hope you're all having a fabulous week!








31 comments:

Mei Jein said...

I wish you good luck with your new job!
Being the only girl can be fun c:



xx
http://icepandora.blogspot.com

Pang said...

I like your idea of doing a series for office wear. I would particularly be interested in seeing office outfit of the day and accessories. Soft Rose look so darn good on you!

Blush said...

Gorgeous love the lipstick!

Buggiebean said...

Love the idea of doing a series for the office. I think a lot of readers will enjoy it! Mademoiselle is one of my favorite polishes. I picked it up after I read Kate Middleton used it for her wedding =)

Dovey said...

Ah, Essie Mademoiselle is such a great classic girly shade :)

Huong Lan Lee said...

I agree, the polish is such a pretty colour :}

http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

Elle said...

it's awesome to hear you are so happy at your new job! I'd love to see more office outfit-centric posts, even if I suspect my workplace is a lot more formal :\



I love the translucency of the polish :)

aisyah said...

oohh, my workplace doesn't have a strict dress code as well... now I feel like a total slob.. U__U

Lily said...

Soft Rose looks lovely! I haven't seen it here though. Might have to hunt it down :-)

Janet said...

congrats on the job and i hope you enjoy being the "only" girl in the office ^_~ lovely lips ^_~

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

thanks! =D

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks! It's one of my favorite shades!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I hope you find it :) it's part of their permanent line.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

You are not!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I'll def try and incorporate some "looks" though I'm not confident I know how to capture the outfits nicely! haha

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

:) thanks Laura!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

=) thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

yep! it's so feminine and easy :P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I had no idea KM wore it on her wedding. Wow!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks! ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I'll def try to incorporate some outfits!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Mei!

Jacqueline Ma said...

Babe you have the most luscious lips if I might say so. I love your lip swatches. Soft Rose does your lips justice.

Andrea said...

Congrats on the new job! The lip colour is so pretty and definitely office appropriate!

Amyboo said...

The lip color is gorrrgeous and so is the polish color.
Only girl there?! Sounds like fun...;D

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

hah, thanks Amy!

Lifeandlensofbeauty said...

lovely combo! spring is definitely at your tips :)

Coco said...

That's such a great lip color! xx

7% Solution said...

I feel like I haven't visited your blog in so long. I love the lip color. My list of lipsticks I want is about a mile long.

Rooth said...

Congrats on your new job! What kind of start up is it with? I always love hearing start up stories (I worked for one last year)

Elle said...

omg, congrats on your new job!! I have always enjoyed working at startups 100x more than the standard corporate job ^_^

The lip color is really pretty - is it similar to Revlon's Peach Parfeit?