Saturday, April 13, 2013

Flushed for Dior's Rosy Glow Blush

I debated for months whether or not to get Dior's Rosy Glow blush ever since I swatched it at Sephora. I fell in love with it instantly but I couldn't justify the $44.00 price tag. So for months, I just fawned over it and wore it vicariously through other bloggers (LOL). I decided to pick it up after resigning from my last job as a reward....for resigning -_- (It was tough!) And to celebrate a beginning of a new career! After wearing it for a month, I am very convinced that this is one of the most gorgeous blushes I own.


Rosy Glow is a gorgeous matte bright lilac pink. I can't say it's that pink because it leans toward fuchsia more than pink. 



This blush claims that it has a "brightening" technology that adjusts to your skin's chemistry to make it a universal flattering shade. 

The texture of this blush is flawless. It's finely milled, soft and applies nicely. I love the way it looks, as if you've just taken a run in the cold, all windblown and delicate, and all around feminine. 




One blush that's been in my drawer forever is the RMK Stawberry Pink. They look kinda similar don't they?!? Strawberry Pink is just a tad more pinker, brighter while Rosy Glow is more violet. Both remind me of each other and both (of course) are gorgeous matte blushers. 


Dior Rosy Glow, RMK Strawberry Pink

Overall, I'd recommend Rosy Glow in your collection. I think there's a certain unique factor (aside from the phenomenal packaging!), it is a really pleasing color - bright and cheerful but not overly so. There's a certain subtleness of the 'just pinched' pink glow that looks utterly natural in the most sexy sort of way. Like a gal wearing an oversized sweater sexy - down to earth, delicate, innocent.

Do you own this blush? Is it a must-have? :)


23 comments:

lyn said...

I agree this is a really pretty blush and is one I like to wear quite often too. But you also have me interested in RMK's so I'm definitely checking it out the next time I visit their counter.

Anna said...

Amazing review! I have seen this numerous times and couldn't (still cant lol) justify the price tag either. I recent splurged and picked up a Dior Addict Lipstick. I love it, Dior definitely has great products that are worth the money!

Frances said...

it's so pretty! kind of reminds me of NARS desire? ^_^

Pang said...

I love these kind of shades. For some reason I prefer Strawberry Pink but they both look quite similar.

Cassandrapamela said...

wow the packaging is so beautiful!!! but the color is also beautiful!! dior is a brand that I am not really familiar with, because of the high pricetag T.T but I would love to try something from Dior sooner or later!

celyn_lifeisashoe said...

great post! the color is so pretty!


lifeisashoe.blogspot.com

Jacqueline Ma said...

My dear, doesn't it feel great to treat yourself once in a while. Anyway all the best to your new job. The blush looks beautiful on you.

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Ahhh I keep changing my mind about this one! On the one hand a cooler-toned pink scares me, but on the other everybody swears it's a great blush! It looks fantastic on you, Jen! I need to take another look at this now ;)

Buggiebean said...

I LOVEEEE rosy glow! The cool tone of the pink looks stunning on you!

Lisa Chen said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMYGOD.


)(&)(*$)(@#*$)(@#*$)@(&#*$&


i need this in my life. it is sooooooooo gorgeous on you!! omgosh perfect springy blush!!


www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

haha thanks Lisa!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw thanks! I def love the cooler tone!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

You should but you may have something like this already! ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks so much! ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I know! The packaging is seriously why I love Dior so much!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yeah sorta!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Their lipsticks are wonderful =P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

yeah this blush is gorgeous! :) the RMK one is also so nice! I love them both :P

Ashii said...

This is such a pretty blush colour on you! I love how glowy & brightening it is. A perfect dolly pink shade. xx

Karen Chin said...

The Dior packaging is so luxe and pretty, it's hard to resist! This is such a cute Barbie pink shade and it looks so natural on your cheeks :) I think it looks much nicer than the RMK Strawberry pink!


http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com

april hollie arnado said...

they are both really pretty! still haven't tried anything from Dior though..hehe ^_^

Lifeandlensofbeauty said...

I love this blush to death! now you reminded me I need to pull it out. I like how it reacts to body chemistry to produce different pinks on different skintones! on me it's such a cool cotton candy pink that instantly perks me up! looks gorgeous on you!