Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Review: Specs from Firmoo.com

Hello everyone!

Hope your weekend was relaxing as it was joyful. I'm starting to do holiday shopping for my friends and family and the lines at stores are starting to get hectic. The usual flow is people is multiplying by the weeks o_o Nonetheless, it is still fun to browse around and be amongst happy shoppers before the onset of crazy last minute shoppers come into play.

A few weeks ago, I received a pair of prescription glasses from Firmoo.com, an online optical retailer to review. They offer practical and fashion forward frames for affordable prices. Unlike going to the optometrist, you can browse the frames without being under the dreaded lights of a busy office and being surrounded by pushy sales people.

The pair of glasses they sent me came really fast. They sent me a tracking #, and communication was great from the start.




The selection of frames is pretty nice, and they have different collections to look at, from geeky  specs to more practical ones seen here, to prescription sunglasses.

The awesome thing about Firmoo is that they offer free glasses to first time customers (check it out here). All you have to do is pay for shipping, which is $6.95. I think it's quite a good deal because if you don't like what you ordered, you're entitled to a full refund. You really have nothing to lose.

Very very sorry for the bad photo quality. I didn't have my camera... o_o



I picked a classic wayfarer frame with a leopard print. I love it! The frames are lightweight and have a nice feel to it. There is quality to be said - the lenses were pretty accurate. I have two different prescriptions for the left and right eye and when I wore the glasses, it felt balanced and I didn't get a headache from wearing them, so definite props for that!



All in all, I was very happy with the service that Firmoo offered and the selection of frames. There's a good chance you can spot a dupe of something you really like or simply to get a backup pair or even order a pair for fashion blogging purposes. The prices range from $8.00-$58.00 depending on style and selection so affordability is definitely there.

I think I will be ordering a few more styles to play around with. Specs are the ultimate accessory, isn't it? :) For new customers, you can get a free pair of glasses here.

Hey readers, have you ordered from Firmoo? Do you think it compares to Coastal in terms of service and/or quality? Or, is there a optical retailer you absolutely just love? Please share! :)






24 comments:

maya said...

They look great on you! xx

Unknown said...

Such cute glasses. :)

Julie
sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

Amyboo said...

These are super cute on you! :D I wish I got Leopard patterns, but they were sold out when I ordered them and I was too impatient...Good thing they're cheap!

Angie said...

they make you look hipster! can the first free pair have a strong prescription? i'm so blind ... 

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Hey Angie! Yes, they make 'em for strong prescriptions! i'm blind as hell too! For really high prescriptions, it takes an extra few days to make but they still make them :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I actually emailed them about it and they had it back in stock. Hopefully you get what you want next time...and yeah, its cheap =D

Janet said...

you look cute with spec ^_~

Frances said...

REALLY CUTE!! I love those on you!! Hmmm I prob won't ever order glasses online >< it's like clothes I have to see it/try it to make sure they look good :/

Girlie Blogger said...

First of all, super cute background. LOVE LOVE the Burberry-ish design.

Sexy glasses. The classic frames work well for you. And the leopard prints are just awesome.

Sheila said...

Super cute glasses!!! I love them on you. :)

xo - Sheilawww.sheislovelyblog.com

Christine said...

i was actually eyeing those frames from Firmoo.com and it looks so amazing!! looks great on you hun, it suits your face perfectly :)

would you like us to follow each other? <3

http://www.chriissydollxo.com

Liz Chewy said...

The frames suit you really well. I am a bit iffy about ordering glasses online since I think it's so hard to judge if it will suit my face shape. 

Liz
chewylove.blogspot.com

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Liz! Choosing frames online can be a little tough, I agree :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Janet =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

thanks! And you have a point ;) 

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I'm already following you darling! 

The Krystel Book said...

I keep seeing positive reviews of Firmoo every where! I've always been weary of buying glasses online. >< Tried it once and the glasses looked horrible on me. Glad to know not everyone's experience was not like mine. ^^'' Yours look great on you!









The Krystel Book

sharee mendoza said...

love ur glasses! :)
anyway, love ur blog. so I just followed u,mind to follow each other? :)XOXOhttp://sunkissedqueen.blogspot.com

sharee mendoza said...

love the frame! :)

anyway, love ur blog. so I just followed u,
mind to follow each other? :)

XOXO

http://sunkissedqueen.blogspot.com

marcbelle chanelene said...

Hello !! I am your newest follower /

Appreciate if U can  FOLLOW me back :) 

Very pretty and classy, love the look :)
I follow you now ! Wanna be your friend!
Follow me back on facebook ,instagram, twitter,and GFC and add me as a friend in GFC
love you dear :)

Marcchanelette.blogspot.com
MarcBelle Chanelene

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Krystel! It's too bad yours were costly =( I would be really sad as well. 

rooth said...

Those frames look really good on you - nice choice!

Rola's FOY said...

I like big nerdy frames.  Good price range.

Nic Nic from Bangbangsheshoots said...

they look good on you! Firmoo contacted me too but I find shopping glasses online so difficult compared to trying them in person