Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner: FOTD and Review!

Hello friends!

Even though I have more or less sworn off using pencil type liners (retractable ones included), I get tempted to try eyeliner after eyeliner, hoping for the one that I could happily use without worrying about it rubbing off my eyes or melting off my face ;) So naturally, when I saw key words like 24 hour wear from Maybelline's Master Drama eyeliner, I was like... whaa? o_o

Shade: Coal Commander


Retractable applicator. It's very faulty though! Once I twisted mine out, you can't twist it back in. I suppose you wouldn't have to if you're only pushing out what you need but for testing purposes, I was disappointed. 


The eyeliner is really creamy, very opaque and intense. The product itself was not long lasting; I mean, the bar was set pretty high at 24 hour wear however it surpasses a work day, at 8 hours. If you look closely enough, there are micro glitters in it as well, which I hadn't expected and I am neither yay or nay as of right now. 



The color is quite dramatic and the texture is so much like a kohl liner. I did the 'invisible eyeliner' trick and lined my upper waterline and used a bit on my eyelid and smudged it out. Before I smudged it, it looked way too dramatic for work! 





I liked the eyeliner and will continue using it for its ease. I wasn't crazy impressed with it but it was better than the ones I've tried in the past (ie Covergirl Perfect Point). It darkened my lash area and gave my upper eye lids some definition. 

Here's the rest of the makeup I used for the day ;)


Dermablend Cover Cream in Rosy Beige as a concealer for my under eyes, blemishes and freckles. I have to do a review on this cream! It's incredible! I have never used anything quite like it. As in never. This cover cream is miraculous in all its pot form. I also Chanel bronzer in Brume D'Or, a coral Shu Umera lipstick, and Maybelline Master Drama eyeliner. 

Not pictured: Maybelline mascara and Anastasia brow powder.

Also, I wanted to share with you gals a top I found while thrifting a few months ago! It was around or under $3.00. I'm in love with the ruffly white flowers.





If I had more time for thrifting I would dedicate hours to it. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of patience and a good eye, which I am not always good at. I have a lot patience but I can't take a piece of fabric and turn it into something amazing. Oh how i wish I were crafty o_o

...More posts to come! And welcome to my new subscribers! *waves* ;)

What is your preference: gel eye liners, pencil or liquid liners? 


26 comments:

Sunny said...

What BEAUTIFUL eyes you have, Jen! I use gel liners all the time, but I have recently found out how nice liquid ones can be. It's just a bit of a pain to remove afterwards though, so I prefer to stick to gel on most days!

Mai said...

I prefer liquid or gel liners. I usually only wear liner on my upper lashline and pencils never get the line thin enough for my liking!

Saving Capulet said...

oh im crazy about that top! you look so fresh and naturally beautiful!

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

I was eyeing this eyeliner but after reading that the lasting power isnt impressive enough, i guess I wont get this one. I like dramatic effect on my eyes though. :P Thanks for the review! :)

Unknown said...

I like your blouse! A lot. And I love your photos on this post. Don't you just love sunlight?

Unknown said...

i used the similar eyeliner from Revlon ColorStay, and yeah after i twisted out, it wont come back in! the eyeliner looks pretty on you though!

Jen said...

I like it! Tho I've sorta sworn of pencil liners of all kinds.. my fat eyelids will always transfer it and give me panda eyes -___-" i prefer liquid.. atm, i have tried gel once & it was a pain to remove!! Do you have any recs for gel liners? :) I love the top~ I know what u mean about having a keen eye when thrifting.. you need to dedicate a lot of time to find good things tho~

Beauty Box said...

Liquid eye liners give a really defined look but I can see the attraction of kohl liners...they can give quite a dramatic look too...

Blush said...

Very cute photos! You look so pretty in that top :)
I only really use liquid liners - I've stopped using pencil liners for a good few years now. They used to be only kind I used cause it was easy but they never lasted all day and smudged easy. Liquid liner always for me now x

Lisa said...

omgosh i LOVE LOVE your top!!! the chiffon is so pretty!

ohh i'm gonna try this eyeliner.. always looking for a new creamy liner to try out :)!

Nunu said...

I hate when pencils twist up but can't go back down! I have the same issues with those Stila pencils and it drives me ninny.
That top is really cute!!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Fantastic job on the upper water line. Such a hard trick isn't it? This liner looks promising. I really like the dramatic effect.

theamazingworldofj said...

Thanks for stopping by my page :)
I own one black eyeliner i bought back in germany while i own at least 8 mascaras, 25 blushes and many different colored eyeliners. I think i need to get me a new one. i liked your review, but i don't know what to think of the little glitter parts, can you see them alot?
I love your shirt and i heard so much about women finding little treasures in thrift stores. I def will go check them here out, since i have enough time.
Janine

Stephanie said...

Really beautiful top! I agree with you--thrifting really takes skills and time =]

Unknown said...

You look so pretty and I love your top. I hate it when retractable eye liner doesn't twist back down. I have this weird habit of twisting the product all the way up the twist it back down lol.

Memoiselle said...

What a great review! I like creamy eyeliner but if it doesn't stay long I wont consider buying it. Your top is really nice. I like it :)

Maggie said...

Ahhh, you line your eyes so well! Your whole face/makeup look looks so light and refreshing. Such a cute top you thrifted too!

Donna said...

the eyeliner smokes out nicely! you look so pretty :)

Aya said...

So far, no pencil liners have worked on me. I have monolids and the liner just gets smudged all over my lids in just a few hours. So I tend to use liquid ones. But I have to say, I still like to find the perfect pencil liner for me because it'll make eyelining so much easier and less of a hassle.

This product looks good! Do you think it'll stay put on monolids? Hihi. Thanks for the review :D

littlemissandrea said...

I'm definitely a gel and liquid eyeliner girl. I can't stand pencil liners cause they don't last very long for me! Glad to know this one can get through the work day. Thanks for the review!

Dovey said...

I love the detailing on your shirt! I waver between pencils gel and liquid. I think there are good formulas for each, but a lot of questionable ones too!

Hollie said...

I wanted to try this too but I can't seem to find here in my country. awesome review though. ^_^

Kay @ Slightly 0bsessed said...

Great post! I'm always hesitant on using pencil liners as they always transfer on my eye lids.

I love the top you found! I've never tried thrifting as I don't think I have an eye to find those special pieces.

Unknown said...

Liquid liners all the way ! Pencil liners don't stay on at all for me and although gel liners are a bit better, they still smudge on me. And I find that most of the drugstore retractable liners don't twist back in for some reason. They should really make them twist both directions :/

salma said...

you look so beautiful

Anonymous said...

So pretty~~~ Love your natural makeup and your top~ So dainty~


I haven't used pencil khol eyeliners in a while now, mainly because it smudges on my eyelids and I find that I end up with a mess on my eyelids. I used to love smudging my pencil liners to give me a subtle smokey eye although that didn't last long without smudging. I would love to make it work again!