Wednesday, June 20, 2012

FOTD: The No-Nakeup Makeup Look!

Hello dear friends!

I am back and ready to blog again. I've taken a bit of time to attend to life's hectic and unpredictable shenanigans. As it turns out, I was really missing my daily reads!

Today I leave you with a no-fuss 5 minute look I did in the morning. I didn't have much time for anything else other than base makeup so here it is:




What I Used:



For the base, I used MUFE F&B foundation which I am really liking! 


The MAC F&B doesn't even compare to the MUFE one. This one has a nice liquid gel consistency and while it is lightweight, it covers really well and is very natural feeling. I can't really say much else about it other than it being really nice. The glass bottle is also really pretty. I prefer it without the pump because it's so runny I could easy pour a little onto the back on my hand. 


To conceal, I used Benefit's eye contour kit. I really like this palette because it's travel friendly and I've been bringing it everywhere since I've been moving around. The concealer in the palette is their famous Bo-ing one! I'm a fan of that one because it covers really well and has a nice texture.


The eye shadows are really pretty as well but the color payoff is not as good on me. I can barely see the pink and taupe shades but the brown is good. I have used it as an eye liner and that makes a world of a difference especially when you want to give your eyes a bit of dimension.


To finish off my face, I used Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder. This powder is seriously amazing. I used to use MAC's blotting/finishing powder but this does the same thing for mere dollars. I dust it on with a small blush brush on my face and my makeup stays put. I really like powder a lot and it's such an incredible buy. I bought mine at Ulta when they were having a buy 1 get one for 50% off so it was good I picked up two. It should last all summer


For my lips, I used Guerlain's Kiss Kiss gloss in Amethyst Pearl (822). I seriously love this gloss. The purply color is so unexpected but really not all that strange.

 I love the gradient in the gloss - light-reflecting and pearly. The formula is really nourishing and I liked that it felt comfortable on my lips and not sticky or tacky at all.

Overall, my usual look consists of mostly like this. Makeup that enhances your best features is really what I aim for when I wear makeup.

Tell me, what is one item, skincare or makeup (or tool) that you cannot live without on a day-to-day basis?






25 comments:

Popcorn said...

Love this look! hahah Seems so natural. I feel so self-conscious when i wear too much makeup. I agree with putting on makeup to accentuate your best features.

TheDiversePhD said...

I love the simplicity of the look :)

The Procrastinator said...

What a great look -- your skin is AMAZING!! I also recently started playing with my dream matte powder, it holds up way better than some high end powders I've purchased. I can't decide if I love/hate when that happens?

Cherie said...

I was just looking at the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder! Which shade do you wear? x

Beauty Box said...

Sunscreen, foundation and powder are the minimum, oh and a lip balm.

I have heard of the Maybelline Dream Matte powder being awesome for oil control. Will put this on my shopping list since you say that it's great!!!

Unknown said...

Cherie: Cream :)

cushy said...

I'm so getting the dream matte powder after all these raves :) ur 5 min makeup looks effortless yet simple and natural

Joey Anna said...

Like the items that you use. I don't own any Too Face eye palettes, but I am aiming at the Summer Eyes one. I have seen many blogs say the payoff for Natural Eyes is not that good, that's just quite sad because it looks so lovely. And everyone is using the Maybelline Dream Matte! And that doesn't sells in my country. haha.

For me, I can't do without my holy grail gel cleanser for skincare, and my loose powder for makeup. I am obsessed with loose powders because I don't use foundation. I use sunscreens as makeup base or BB cream, so the loose powder is really key to finish the look.

Amy said...

This looks so fresh! :D You look great~!
Now you've got me curious about the dream matte powder...I really need one to finish on top of my BB Cream!
Thanks for sharing! ~

Unknown said...

Hey, I like this look! I noticed that we have the same eyes, only mine is hooded even at the outer corners so I can only do tightlining. If I don't smile I will look really sad. When I wing out my eyeliner it will look really weird. Must check out your other eyemakeup looks again.

I don't have lipgloss because the shape/structure of my lips make me look like I'm drooling. But this one looks different, I like it.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous as always, the gloss looks beautiful on your lips.

memoiselle said...

Fuss free look at its best :) I think this look is very suitable for working.

Sunny said...

You look so fresh and lovely! My day-to-day items include Dior Hydra Life BB Cream, Bobbi Brown Sable as my brow-filler, some kind of lip product. Everything else is optional (that's how lazy I am, yeah)!

Unknown said...

This natural FOTD looks fresh on you. It's really all about playing with your strengths :)

Unknown said...

you look very fresh and glowy :)!!

Lisa said...

ohh i love your no makeup makeup look!! i need to try this.. i always feel somewhat 'overdone' and i can't seem to change that whenever i do my makeup haha.

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Simple and pretty. I like this no-fuss look.

Cheap Makeup Reviews
Beauty Fashion Seattle

Anonymous said...

I love the really natual look at the moment :)
http://samaysonsspace.blogspot.co.nz/

Maggie said...

Ooooh I love this look! You look so fresh-faced and very lovely :D

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

You look gorgeous with minimal makeup--I am officially jealous. My must-haves are: Clean & Clear blotting sheets (I have very oily skin but generally don't like to keep layering more powder to blot shine--I am curious about this Maybelline one though. I'll have to check it out), and Jack Black lip balm (stays put, smells good, high SPF)

Jessa said...

Making makeup look non-existant is such a challenge! You make it look so easy and beautiful! Stunning! I am a simple little thing these days and as long as I have my cherry chapstick I am pretty happy! =D

Love & Lollies... Jessa

Caked Vintage Blog

Hollie said...

You look lovely dear!

Rola said...

I have both MUFE and MAC F&B foundation and I like MUFE better too. I hear great things about the Maybelline Dream Matte powder. One of these days, I shall get my hands on it:)

Beach Sun Umbrella said...

Agree about what you say on your technique it helps how to care the skin it natural way. Helpful Healthy Blog.

Mana said...

oo0o0o I'm going to cheat and say that for skin care I must have my moisturizer and if I could leave the house with only one make up product on my face it'd be concealer =)

You look lovely with this no makeup look lol It usually only takes me about 5 mins to put on my make up too.