Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Smokey Taupe with the Naked 2 Palette

Hello friends! Hope you're having a good week so far. Mine has been quite good thus far. I'm forever looking forward to the weekends though ;)


On Sunday I went out with a friend for lunch and decided on trying every new thing I recently got, including the Naked 2! I'm still being experimental with the color combinations because they are significantly cooler than the first one. But I love it all the same, maybe even a tad bit more at the moment!

I unfortunately did not have my regular camera with me so my iphone will have to suffice.


I appreciate all your comments in my last post about hair! I haven't used any hot tools on my hair for about a month now and the shea butter cream has been a miracle product for me. I'm going to look into the shampoos/conditioners that were recommended :) Looks like I'll be doing a hair haul very soon, lol.





I used Busted and Verve for my eyelids and a little bit of Snakebite on my lower lash line to set the eyeliner. 
I also used MAC Blacktrack to line my eyes, no mascara because it looked very dramatic to me already o_o 


Closeup of the eyeshadow



For my foundation, I used Makeup Forever HD Foundation in shade 115. It is a beautiful foundation that is light reflective and luminous. It's also surprising very light and the foundation intensity is under your absolute control. 


I used Benefit Hervana as a blusher and highlighter. It's a beautiful blush, really multidimensional and versatile! I adore the spring-like colors and the zany swirls although not a huge fan of the packaging. I prefer a compact.


For my lips, I used Benefit's Benetint lip stain. I LOVE IT! Words can't even express it. It's very long lasting and has a very distinctive rosy color. 



That concludes my look for the weekend. I'm continuously experimenting with colors and combinations. I suppose the fun is in the experimentation ;) 


Smokey taupes - yay or nay? :)




37 comments:

Tracy said...

Benetint looks sweet on you. Do you like using it on the cheeks?

Unknown said...

Tracy: thanks! I haven't attempted the cheeks yet! I'm not sure what technique to use because the brush is like a nail polish wand :p

pricillia lumantoro said...

pretty!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

your eyes look sooo big and yay for naked 2 !! always so pretty, jen :)

Stephanie said...

This is pretty! I love verve!

queerpinkfish said...

the shadows are so nice on you!! and benetint makes you look sweet and fresh <3

sleepandwater said...

So pretty, I love the shades you chose for your eyes. I'm going to try using Snakebite for the lower lashline sometime! I've wanted to try that foundation for so long as well, too bad it's so hard to get a hold of where I live, especially if you don't know your shade. The Benefit blush is gorgeous as well :)

queerpinkfish said...

oh yea.. forgot to mention, last time the MUA teach me to draw an X on the cheeks with the benetint brush then blend out quickly. Another MUA says draw 3 striped (like cat whiskers) then blend it out quickly. Love the benetint! I've run out tho..

Unknown said...

Queerpinkfish: Thanks for much for the tip!!!!! :)

Mandy said...

I tried MUFE HD recently and while it blends out beautifully, it wore HORRIBLY on me. I was shiny within 2 hours and it emphasized my pores :-( I really wish it would have worked one me, it looks gorgeous on you!

Tracy said...

I agree, the application is quite a hassle. Have you tried just dabbing it with your fingers?

Tere said...

Beautiful! Definitely a yay!

Saving Capulet said...

oh I should have know you were wearing benefit! the color is just natural looking and gorgeous! had my eyes on benefit stain for quite some time now! great post and you look stunning!

Anonymous said...

Of course a yay! It looks great on you! I've got to try this combination soon :)

Jen said...

Love your look :O semi-dramatic but a very wearable day look! Super love it ^___^

Shopping Obsession said...

Love the shades you use for your eyes. I love the naked palette 2. Can create so many different looks from the palette. Definitely one of the best buys for me. I am also using Benetint and Hervanna blush. I like the natural and subtle look of those on my face.

http://mui28.blogspot.ca

Jacqueline said...

You are not helping me resist Naked2 ;) very lovely fotd. I love your eye lining skills, it looks so good.

Unknown said...

I can see the color clearly even with your iPhone! Nice. I think Naked 2 seem to work for you. I only got Naked, but too many people are saying no need to get Naked 2. haha.

And I haven't started trying it out. =PP

Izzy said...

the Benetint lip stain is so lovely on you! ^^ and I might go check out Makeup forever hd foundation, looks very luminous and radiant :)

metallicpaws.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

smokey taupes definitely yay.. WOW! love your pretty face!

나니 said...

SOME day I shall be able to try out the MUFE foundation! One of these days, man! >: C /sob/
I love the eye look btw! super edgy! : D

M. said...

beautiful eyes!


Bootie Babe International Nail Polish Giveaway
I would love it if you entered:)

mizzsandychau said...

i love your skin, how do you keep looking so fair?

sonagitokki said...

I like smokey taupes :)
I should try using my Naked2 more, I got it as a Christmas gift and still haven't opened it o.O"

Sharlynn said...

Love love smoky browns at the moment!! I won't be touching color for a bit! Ooo...hd foundation, heard soo much about it! And benetint! I'm a huge fan of rose lipstains, grr! The look is fab on you! :)

Amy said...

Yay! The look is so pretty. :D I wish I had NAKED 2...but I barely used my NAKED 1! Haha!

Nana said...

The etude house is pretty nice! : D I think it is quite strong!

Chunky Cat said...

you look so pretty! very nice and natural makeu-, thanks for sharing :) xx.
http://www.blushjewellery.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Definitely yay for smokey taupes! We have the same sort of eyes, in that we have small-ish double eye lids. It took me a while to realise how to put eyeshadow on in a flattering way! This looks is great for the day time. Do tell us how the shea butter goes. :) xx

Donna said...

ugh i want the naked 2 so bad! and yay for taupes, you look gorgeous!

Blush said...

Great look - very pretty :) I really want Benetint...but must resist spending more money on makeup!

Phoebe Limanta said...

Your skin is so gorgeous hun! I'm not sure if anyone's said this but the Macadamia Nut Oil Deep Treament Mask is AMAZING! :)

Unknown said...

Benetint looks really natural on you! I've always steered away from it because the idea of a liquid blush is so intimidating to me. I like the soft smokey eye you created with the palette! :)

Unknown said...

a really natural pretty look :) I've had my bottle of benetint for like...5 years now. I'm not sure how hygienic that is but it just never runs out xD

Popcorn said...

beautiful look! ohhh i was soo close to getting it with the 15% sephora VIB thing. But I persuaded myself out of it. I think i am regretting it.

Beauty Box said...

Smokey taupe looks....yay in my book. Very lovely FOTD...makes me wanna get the Benetint....

Unknown said...

You look so pretty! The Benetint look awesome! I remember the first time I use it, it look like I just suck blood from someone because I put too much:) Haha!