Saturday, March 3, 2012

Faves: Bobbi Brown!

I think in terms of everyday wear and versatility, I almost always gravitate toward Bobbi Brown products. Her minimalist approach of beauty is what's drawn me in - looking like yourself (and amazing) with a minimal amount of products that enhances your features.

What I like most about her makeup is the quality of the products and the simplistic (and sleek!) style of the packaging. It also helps that this brand has been in the market for over 20 years.

It starts with the basics! One of my favorite foundations is the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. I like everything about it, from the texture to the finish. It's lightweight and contains enough moisture not to dry out my skin. I also like that there's a multitude of shades.



You can read my original reviews here and here. =)

And eyeshadows! I absolutely love Bobbi Brown eyeshadows. If I could, I'd collect each and every palette ever made. I feel she's got the neutral shades just right. The browns look flattering, and the colors always coordinate perfectly. For a minimalist like myself, I need eyeshadows to be coordinated for me.

Some of my favorites:



See my review here :)


Bobbi Brown Downtown Palette

Original review here :)

FOTD here :) - A year ago!

I have a modest collection and I'm a huge sucker for her limited edition holiday palettes. HUGE! :)

Chrome Palette - Holiday 2009

Top row: White, Polar Ice, Storm Cloud, Iron, Thunder
Bottom row: Moonlight, Cyber Grey, Foil, Chrome, Charcoal


I love everything about this palette! Ever since I read Temptalia's swatches and descriptions of it, I knew i had to have it. The eyeshadows are smooth and blendable, the lip colors are glossy and nourishing. The packaging is perfect for travel and included is a large foldable mirror! What's not to love, seriously? :)

Orchid Palette - 2010



Source: Temptalia

I love that the lipsticks (pot rouges) double as cream blushes. They're fantastic!

Earth Metal Palette - 2010



Source: Temptalia

Temptalia has much better swatches and photos than I do. Even though she wasn't crazy about these two palettes, I loved everything about them. 

Overall I am smitten with Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. I love the basics, the eyeshadows, lip glosses, pot rouges and holiday palettes. I do apologize in advance for my not so wonderful pictures and the not so relevant post as the palettes are now discontinued but I just thought it'd be fun to share some of my favorites, =p 
\
What is your absolute go-to brand? Do you have one or many?





25 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Oh wow, lovely stuff you've got there! I love that chrome palette, lucky you! Seems like her foundations really work well on us yellow hued girls! The only things I have from BB are her brushes! Great pics! :))

herroyalbleakness said...

That's really a lot of Bobbi Brown there. I can't blame you, they work well with you!

Mark-up's pretty high from where I live, so, I'll be really happy if I shell out some extra cash on the skin foundation :)

Thanks for sharing your picks!

Blush said...

What a nice collection :) I've not tried any Bobbi Brown products before but I always hear great things. Maybe I'll give their foundations a try!

Unknown said...

I'd love to own everything you listed lol. Bobbi Brown is no doubt one of my favourite brands too but I have yet to try their liquid foundations. Huge fan of their cram foundation, concealers, blush, Galaxy (so pretty!), eyeliner, lippies and pretty much everything else. Ive been adoring Nars and GA lately. Hehee thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this lovely post and I love Bobbi Brown foundation as well.

pricillia lumantoro said...

i love the long wearing gel liner!favorite

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

She definitely makes makeup for the everyday wear. I love her subtle colors.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to try Bobbi Brown but there isn't a counter near me. I still might give the foundation a try.

B said...

I've been dying to try out Bobbi brown. I was watching a history of makeup movie and she was in it. My gorgeous friend that never, ever, ever looks bad wears this makeup. Everything I like on her is Bobbi Brown. Thanks for the post I think it's what I needed to get my lazy but to the mall.

Sunny said...

You have so much lovely stuff from Bobbi Brown! I love Bobbi Brown too. I love the eye brow brush and Sable for filling my brows in, my go-to browbone highlight is Bone, and I love Bali Brown in summer!

I don't really have any go-to brand, because there is a whole bunch that I like. Bobbi Brown is definitely one of it though!

Amy said...

That's a pretty amazing collection on its own! :D Bobbi Brown gets so many rave reviews...I feel silly not having tried her line. I see her on TV all the time selling her products though! I bought her beauty book. So informative.~

Stephanie said...

I've tried Bobbi Brown foundatino and really liked it but it's so expensive! I love her books though--I have two of them =]

You have so many items from bobbi brown!

Alex Elkins said...

I love their Creamy Concealer and Correcter! I don't use them both at the same time, but they both are some of the best for covering dark circles I've tried.

At the moment my go-to brand is Laura Mercier and NARS. I use my Secret Concealer and Tinted Moisturizer from LM everyday to get the best glowy complexion! Also I've been loving my NARS Laguna bronzer and cream blush in Penny Lane. Those are my all time favorite face products!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

so many smokey colours! i really like the lip colours and nowadays in my after-gym-class bag, i have one coral lipstick that goes on for lips and blush :) multitasking!

have you tried bobbi brown concealer? how is its coverage?

Anonymous said...

That foundation is on my list to try! It looks so nice and perfect for me. But I have so many right now!

Unknown said...

Once I'm done with my MAC Studio Fix, I will definitely give Bobbi Brown foundation a try. It looks so good on you.

sugar sugar said...

i agree! bobbi brown is an amazing brand and all the shades they make are wearable for everyday use. :)

Lori said...

Goodness that's quite the Bobbi Brown collection!! Your post makes me want to go out and try some Bobbi Brown products right now!

JC ♔ said...

Lately I have been drooling over Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier products as well. If/when I ever use up most of my stuff, I plan to do a more minimalist approach.

Joey Anna said...

I have yet to try any of Bobbi Brown's products! I must be living under the stone... Lol.

But I really am looking forward to it.

I bought the BB Eye Corrector & Concealer, but haven't use it. And I'd love to try the gel liners, cleansing oil, blushes, lipsticks, and even brushes.

Jen said...

Amazing collection!! I think i need to start saving up for bobbi brown products after seeing all these :'(

Eden-Avalon said...

I haven't tried BB's products yet. I was tempted to buy the orange shade in the recent Neons themed collection, but I decided against another bright orange lippie. I don't think I have a go to brand. I just like to use what works best individually.

Maggie said...

I've been wanting to try Bobbi Brown for so long, but the high prices have always scared me away. Must hunker down and get one of their products soon despite my wallet's silent screams hahaha.

Popcorn said...

BOBBI BROWN FOUNDATION! One of the most raved items from this brand. Oddly, I haven't tried this brands items yet. Maybe it's because I suck at matching foundation colors and am too much of a germ freak to let SA match my color. tehehe I got lots of problems.
ughhh their eyeshadows look amazin too.

Tere said...

Those are lovely palettes. I don't have a lot of stuff from Bobbi Brown, but I do love the ones I have. Great stuff.