Saturday, March 10, 2012

Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Brightening Foundation

Hello my dear friends :)

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I certainly can't complain. I spent Friday in good company and went to not one but two happy hours. In between that, there was a period of chatting and banana hot cocoas and off we went for more food.

I'm very excited to show you guys the new line of foundations from Benefit Cosmetics --

Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW with SPF 25 PA+++



I was really excited to be able to test them out since I'm a huge foundation junkie. This is an oil-free brightening foundation that features the use of SPF protection in the form of PA+++. Usually we don't see that type of rating in American cosmetics, but they've added that extra protection and that is a huge plus for me. To clarify, SPF is the protection grade for UVB filters, and PA is the protection grade for UVA filters. PA+++ is the highest level of protection in that form. 

This oil-free foundation is lightweight, buildable and has a watery texture. There are 9 shades to choose from, all of which have surprisingly good coverage. I thought the watery texture would immediately make it a very sheer formula but it's quite the opposite. 



Shade: Ivory

Some of the things I really like about this foundation is:
+ Coverage is great, gives a "glowy" look
+ Dewy, satin finish
+ Hydrating formula (watery texture)
+ The brightening effect is significant from the dewy finish
+ Lightweight and oil free
+ Contains sunscreen

Some of the things I didn't like are:
- Limited amount of shades (only 9)
- The formula sometimes enhances dry skin on me (dry patches)
- Can get a little oily after a few hours

Here are swatches from all 9 shades:
Ivory, Petal, Beige, Champange, Honey
Nutmeg, Amber, Hazelnut, Toasted Beige

Overall, I found that I really liked this foundation. I liked that it's breathable and has a wet texture. It feels moisturizing and nice on my skin without feeling heavy. The wet texture is similar to my MAC F&B foundation but with more color.


36 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Ooo...lovely swatches!! I didn't realize PA was for the UVA filters, well it's great to know! I think Ivory would work on me as well.

Sounds great, dewy and light...I guess I'd use some powder on top for my oilier skin. Thanks for sharing!:))

Unknown said...

I cant wait to go test it out. Definitely looking for this specific formula (runny with good coverage, dewy finish) and oh sunscreen. I am so happy that they put it in there. I currently purchased the Armani Designer Lift and love it but this one is undoubtedly the next one im trying out! Thanks for the early review :D

Fifi said...

I really want to try this out but I'm not sure because there are a few reviews that say it accentuates dry patches. :/ I hate it when foundations do that. The colors look great though! I think I'll be able to find me a good match. Thanks for swatching them! :D

Unknown said...

Thanks for this review :) how is the oxidization?

Elisa ♥ said...

nice swatchesss!!!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

woo I like the extra protection. Looks beautiful.

Pammy said...

I've been seeing this all over the blogsphere lately and it seems like a very promising foundation. I only wish it does not enhance dry patches on the skin. Nice review, dear. :)

sugar sugar said...

thanks for the swatches dear! judging from the swatches, this is really a must try! :)

Lilladylife said...

great swatches!!! wow out of the box it looked like a soda can!!! i saw these but did not try them but now that u say it's like mac's f and b with more coverage it's far more intriguing!

Shopping Obsession said...

Great review. Can't wait to try it out. Guess I have to try out the swatches as I'm not sure which shade I should go with. Either honey or ivory should suit me. Love it when foundation has SPF. Save me from putting on sunscreen which is usually greasy after a few hours on my oily skin.

http://mui28.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

I love that this foundation is very yellow-based. I like the pump a lot, and I've had so many good experience from with this foundation, so I'm really excited to try it out.

MissS.elle said...

Thank you for the review! Love the fact that is watery but still pigmented!

Gellie Abogado said...

I'm looking forward to trying out Benefit products. Thanks for sharing this one. This made me want to buy one soon! :)

mandy said...

This sounds great! I can't wait for sephora to have them in stores so I can grab myself a sample :D

l-article said...

I recently tried a Benefit product! I think it was a primer...I'm already in love! :D

Blush said...

Oh nice packaging! It looks really watery but still gives a good coverage. I can imagine it giving a lovely glow to the skin :)

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

ooh these are great swatches. thanks jen! also, they gave me a sample of this at sephora and i picked up champagne, have yet to try. i'm like 20 shades darker than you though hahaha

Unknown said...

I've never tried any of Benefit's foundations before, but this sounds like a great product. It looks really yellow when you initially pumped it onto your hand, but I'm surprised at how well it matches your skintone. Thanks for swatching all of the shades too!

Laces and Shades said...

Have you tried the Korean BB creams? If so, how is this one in comparison, may I ask?

Maggie said...

It looks really nice!! Is it weird for me to say that I really like the frosted bottle and the typography/font on the bottle? Hahaha xD

Anonymous said...

This one I'd love to try!! It sounds like my kind of foundation.

Unknown said...

Ooohhh...another great foundation. I'm still waiting for my MAC Studio Fix to run out, so I can pick up Bobbi Brown :)

Unknown said...

oh, and yay for 2 happy hour haha!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the swatches! I really wanted to try it but it's only available on their website and I didn't wanna order it without seeing it.

Amy said...

This looks so pretty! :O I'd love to try this!
Thanks for the swatches. Really helps~

Anonymous said...

Hi! I haven't visited your blog for a while now. Been busy lately. Anyway, great review! I'm going to check it out at the store soon. :)

Joey said...

Thanks for the swatches. Looks like it gives pretty good coverage, but I definitely can't use something that gets oily after awhile cos it's really hot and humid where I'm now. It's good it has SPF PA+++ protection

The Procrastinator said...

It looks like a great mix of neutral/yellow/pink shades. I can't wait to check out the formula.

Larie said...

I've heard really great things about this one! I totally want to try it.

BlogLoveTherapy said...

banana hot cocoa?? Never heard of that, but it sounds yummy!

I love benefit. Will have to check this new product out. It looks like it's going to be good. =) Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

loving your blog!!!

-COSMICaroline
www.COSMICaroline.com

Eden-Avalon said...

I prefer more coverage but these look so...breatheable. I'm pleased to see two shades that may suit me!

Emma Litton said...

Great review.

xo,
Em

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting! I like a foundation that doesn't feel too cakey or heavy~

lucia m said...

looks really nice!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Rola said...

The more I wear this foundation, the more I love it!