Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oldies and Such

Hello everyone! ...and a big hello to my new followers! *waves* :) I hope you are all having a fantastic week. I'm, well, hanging in there. I'm still on vacation mode! I spent New Year's Eve at home with my family and enjoying some bubbly champagne and heart attack style pastries. It's the only way.

My first makeup post of the year is funnily enough an older paletteI have dug from my collection archives ;) Are you gals a big fan of Prescriptives? I used to love that brand when I was first in college. It was a brand synonymous to simplicity - looking gorgeous without trying too hard. 

During the holidays of 2006, I purchased my first ever palette that came with 6 eyeshadows, 2 blushes and a double ended brush. I had a choice between warm or cool toned palette, I chose the warm one.

Prescriptives Colorscope Refillable Palette for Eyes and Cheeks


Encased in a sturdy refillable palette with a full sized mirror and dual ended brush. 


These six eyeshadows are really soft and pigmented. I particularly love forrest, sable and adobe.


The two blushes! I love them both. They've always reminded me so much of the Nars Orgasm/Laguna blushes. Apricot is a pretty pink (love!) and warm dark is a warm ginger color. Warm dark (quite the creative name, huh?) is heavily swatched here, but it looks amazing with a light hand.

I will be doing more FOTD's soon...suffering from breakouts and acne pretty bad lately that I took a break from wearing makeup. My skin's been clearing up so I'll be back. In black. 



Even though this palette is old and has since been long discontinued, in some ways this palette is still one of my favorites. Something sentimental, coming of age and all that jazz. 

That was my oldie. What's yours? :)

30 comments:

Kalmo said...

That Prescriptive palette is really pretty, all the colors look really natural and flattering. I agree the blushes remind me of NARS as well. It's great that you got to spend time with family and dig in with some sweet food though!

Dana K said...

This palete is gorgeous! perfect for anyday.. and those blushes are perfect!!! =D

Hope you've been well :)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Beautiful palette. I like all the earthy tones.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Mandy said...

I used to love Prescriptives, as well! I've never met anyone who honestly disliked the brand, to be honest. I never understood why they closed up :-(

Jamilla Camel said...

I miss Prescriptives!! I have a palette from them that I received as a gift and I still love it!

Fifi said...

The green color in this palette really caught my eyes! So beautiful! And I have my coming-of-age makeup items too, haha, one of them is an old Maybelline mascara that my mom bought me. Ah memories :)

The Procrastinator said...

I hear they're coming back with an online store! I never really got to try it when it was around, can't wait to get my hands on some goodies =D

Amy said...

The color selection is really soft and pretty! :)
I have a really old lip gloss from about 3 years ago that I just haven't thrown away. It's way past its shelf life now, but I keep holding onto it just because it brings back the memories of when I first started wearing makeup and how pretty that color was before. :')

Makeup and Mutts said...

The shadows look fabulous!

Eden-Avalon said...

Loving that apricot blush!

Anna said...

I've never heard of this brand, actually. I have terribly sensitive skin so I stick to what I know won't trigger my allergies. Do you know how this brand affects the skin? And the apricot is beautiful, springy color :)

나니 said...

ooOOO Apricot is a super pretty color : D

Fashion Addict Style said...

That palette has a lot of wonderful colors in it! I don't really have an oldie makeup palette but I know the feeling of loving something even though it's old.

Unknown said...

The blush and bronzer really do look like the NARS duo! This is a very pretty palette; I love the everyday, neutral colors :)

l-article said...

It's a lovely oldie post!! Happy belated new years to you!! Nice to know you had a good one~

I can't even remember my first makeup palette...I think it was one my mom bought for me when I was super little (before I even could use makeup!) like when I was 6? And then it disappeared....and after that I think it was random Clinique samples haha XD Long answer but I hope you enjoyed it!

An

Phoebe Limanta said...

Oh my GOSH how I miss Prescriptives :( I used to love their foundations until they were discontinued :(

Donna said...

can't wait for the tutorial :)

http://mysweetmilktea.blogspot.com/2012/01/11-questions-tag.html#more
i just want want to let you know that I tagged you in my newest post :)

the rules are quite long but i hope you still find some free time to do it :)

Donna said...

OMG for a long time i've always ordered thai tea! LOL then my close friend's niece back in california recommended pudding milk tea and i was hooked after that! LOL! we don't have tapioca express here tho :( so i have to check if the bubble tea places here have them... i am hoping they would be just as good '__'

tiffyama said...

Lovely palette! :D And I totally agree...it's those old items that we have in our possession from the past that adds much more personal meaning and history of ourselves.

Sam said...

Wow, what an amazing palette! The colours are gorgeous.

Sam

minnieyao said...

I always love my old makeup and I always hesitate when I have to throw them away!

SilhouetteScreams said...

The blushes look really pretty! What a handy little palette :)

pricillia lumantoro said...

what a beautiful palette:)

Lidiya said...

The palette is gorgeous; I especially adore the blushes <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

MELISSA H said...

nice shades! (:

http://xdirtylittlesecret.blogspot.com/

Mara said...

What a lovely palette! I love how you have everything all in the palm of your hand. Ive been breaking out like crazy too and Im pausing any FOTDs until I clear up.

welldressedmaker said...

oh wow-- the colors in this palette are really beautiful. I love how they look amazing just with one shade, blended out!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Flashes of Style said...

Lovely colors! <3


xoxo,

Bonnie

Maryam Maquillage said...

I love this collection of colors, it is so wearable and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The whole line was to die for!

Hopefully you'll be able to find those colors online again since they are online now.

The traceless was always for favorite.