Monday, November 21, 2011

Tag! The A-Z of Me

I was inspired by Laura from The Blog of Worldly Delights and her lovely little factoids about ze person behind the blog =D And what the hell, it's the start of the week. I love tags!


A. Age: 25
B. Bed size: Not big enough, that's for sure!
C. Chore that you hate: I'm not a big fan cleaning my cat's litter box, but I haz to. 
D. Dogs: Someday!
E. Essential start to your day: My day doesn't start if I don't have a piping hot cup of English breakfast in the morning. 
F. Favorite color: Greys, browns, pinks
G. Gold or Silver: Silver, although antique golds are lovely.
H. Height: 5'4 - not tall by most standards, but most of my other family members pale in comparison to my towering Amazonian height. (lol, it's true.)
I. Instruments you play: I wish I could say I play the harp or the ukulele or the banjo, but I'm going to have to take the cliche route - Writing is my instrument. [insert lame comment here] 
J. Job title: Staff Accountant 
K. Kids: None yet!
L. Live: I live in the Silicon Valley - home to nearly all the major tech companies. 
M. Mother’s name: I call her my mother :)
N. Nicknames: Anything derived from Jennifer, I guess!
O. Overnight hospital stays: Luckily, none so far =)
P. Pet peeves: Using desk items (a la grown up school supplies) as paperweights. One example from work... I hate coming in find papers on my chair with a stapler on top of it. Like I'd totally miss it and sit on the papers if the stapler wasn't there. 
Q. Quote from a movie: "If I wasn't a cop anymore, I would still go out with a gun and shoot people", from Bridesmaids!
R. Right or left handed: Right
S. Stores you love: Online. Shopping. 
T. Time you wake up: My alarm is set at 6:30am, but I usually snooze it till 7:30. I'm human. 
U. Underwear: Duh! 
V. Vegetable you hate: I hate bean sprouts... they're watery and look like sticks
W. What makes you run late: Dressing myself. I'm not fashionable in any sense, so I stick to my cardigans. It just takes so much time to put it together! lol
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Dental ones
Y. Yummy food that you make: Dumplings, lemon bars, sammiches =P 
Z. Zoo animal: I love potbellied pigs! :D 


- 5 things Tag - 

1. I'm no photographer but I'm loving the filters on Instagram for making my photos look antique and awesome!


source: Google




2. Michael Fassbender is the love of my life. He is sooooooooo devastatingly gorgeous! He's really down to earth and a serious actor and not into all that Hollywood crap. Not that I know, I've never met him! And he's outofthisworld insanely hot.  I cannot wait to see him in Shame this December. I lovez Fassy. <3 *sigh*
And he's in this month's cover of GQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must buy! LOL (he brings out the 14 year old in me)






Source: GOOGLE


3. I love to buy candles and scented oils for burning.

SOURCE: GOOGLE

4. Grinding the joy out of the literature is something I indulge in. I love everything from the canonized classics of Milton, Dickens and Steinbeck to poets like Blake and Keats. I think my love for literature stemmed when I discovered Kafka in my teens. There is something so unique about his stories - the irony, the simple words, allegorical themes. You find yourself smiling, although never really laughing, at the dark humor he implants in his writings. He was my emotional sustenance and literary hero.

SOURCE: Google
5. I love lighthouses and castles! 


Source: Google 

I've actually been to this lighthouse in Pigeon Point, CA! =)



Source: Google - Scottish Castles

I'd love to read about you guys! If you do this tag, link me so I can read it :) Or do it here in the comments! haha




  

26 comments:

JC ♔ said...

I love this post. I'm like you; I dig lighthouses and castles, and love to read and write.

Anonymous said...

My day doesn't start until have I have my coffee. Hehe.
I love scented oils for burning too~

mizzsandychau said...

i love tags! i think i'm going to steal your tag haha =p
i love how your answers are all so witty!

Alex Elkins said...

Fun post! I love tags too :D Also 'H' of the first tag really made me laugh! You're only a few inches taller than me!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

I also became a HUGE fan of instagram. And Micheal Fassbender is one heck of a hunk!

Good list hon.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com
http://www.geekettegazette.com

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

this was a fun tag! i'm glad i got to learn things about you :) haha "underwear: duh!" lol ^__^

Ashley said...

I still have to do this A to Z post. You just reminded me to include dental x-rays. I have loads of those done each year :D

Bravoe Runway said...

I am glad to know there are others out there who do require 1 hour of hitting snooze to wake up! :D

welldressedmaker said...

Excuse me-- did you say Fass was the love of YOUR life? Clearly, woman, you are mistaken. That man belongs to me! hahahaha. Love that you did this post-- Now I know more stuff about you! and I'm convinced we need to meet up and get some delicious chow and hit some used bookshops!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Jamilla Camel said...

Great post! I started life as a Staff Accountant too, lol!

Beauty Style Addict said...

i love this idea, i think i'll give it a try!
oh and you're not too short, i'm 5'3 hehehe (^-^)
♔BeautyStyleAddict

Priscilla said...

I've always wanted to burn candles/oils in my room! But for some reason, everyone has an irrational fear of me burning the house down XD Xx

Dana K said...

Like like like!! When I finish doing the tag I'll get back to you ;p

PS: Michael Fassbender .. I *swoonnnnnn* too

Elle said...

Ah...we r late every morning for the same reason ...i do pick out my clothes the night before but i swear that it never looks good in the morning so i spend an extra 15 min pondering what to wear :P. eheh ur fangirling ^^

Stephanie said...

Vancouver, WA is pretty big! I do love the suburbs. :) We might just move down that way in 4-5 years.

I have no idea how to correct my comment tab to the bottom of the post! lol

Lisa said...

omgosh loved reading this!! your comment about the office supplies for paperweights made me LOL!!! omgosh "like i'd totally miss it and sit on it if the stapler wasn't there" BAHAHA

Dana K said...

DONE!! Check out my take on the tag here http://blushfully.blogspot.com/2011/11/so-i-thought-it-would-be-fun-to-do-tag.html

;p enjoy

Jen said...

Is your actual name Jennifer? O___O If so, YAY *party party* hahaha, another Jennifer friend added to the list ;D

I think we're the same height :D Amazonians ftw! <3

Unknown said...

Lisa: Yeah! i hate that! :p

Cendana: YAY! Will check it out now :)

Jen: Yep!

Roxanne said...

Sometimes I feel old castles are scary and haunted! =S I'll probably do this tag on my blog later today!


xoxo,
Roxanne
http://www.lacedivory.com

ShinyPrettyThings said...

i love getting to know you better!!! i've always wanted to go to Pigeon Point at night to see the stars. hear its amazing!!! omggggg Michael Fassbender is GORGEOUS!!!!! i 100% agree =D

Penelope said...

Great tags! Was really lovely to read more about you. I loved your answers!

Easel By AJK said...

Randomly found your blog! it's really lovely!

http://hwalkeechan.blogspot.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Love this! I'm bloggie friends with Laura too. She's a doll. I love big beds, I'm 6 feet hahaha, oooh and don't say dentist I have to go back Monday. Love your answers! You are so funny! :D

http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Like you, I love literature. Kafka was a brilliant writer, and The Metamorphosis is my favorite story by him!

Anonymous said...

Michael Fassbender is sexy - how cool that he was speaking 3 languages in one movie ;) Was great getting to know you a bit better!