Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Currently really freaking loving... the Vitamin Schtick Lipbalm

Are you guys familiar with the drink?

Source: Google images

Vitamin Water (not to be confused with sports beverages like Powerade or Gatorade) is vitamin infused water with fruit flavors. I'm sure it's not the healthiest of drinks as there's been many debates but that's compromise, not perfection. Anyhow. This darn drink is an incorrigible flirt after a workout when i don't particularly want plain water. I don't know what it is, maybe the witty messages they have on the bottles entice me, but either way, I'm not going to deny that I like me some Vitamin water from time to time.

And what does this drink company do on the side? Make lip balms, of course. I find it kind of odd, but since I do love the drinks, these balms have piqued my interest early on however, I didn't like the $4.99 price tag on them. Luckily, I was able to get some on sale to try. And do i love 'em? Yes with tons of exclamations!


Firstly, the name is nothing short of adorable. Vitamin Schtick! Who does that? So cute. This yellow one also happens to be my favorite flavor as well.

The texture of this lip balm is jelly-like. It smells kind of nothing like the drink, but it's still fruity. It's moisturizing, clear and has a spf 20. There is also a glossy sheen that you get from the balm too. I love that! There is no taste either, which is good!


 I haven't used it long enough to see if the twisting thing gets defective or not because most of my lip balms (including Burt's Bees) have a tendency to not twist back down if I twisted too much out.



Message: This great smelling balm only looks like a bottle of nutrient enhanced Vitamin Water. By no means should you drink the balm... instead grab a bottle of Vitamin Water and begin operating heavy machinery.

This balm is very similar to other ones in the market. It's better than the novelty ones (Hershey's Lip balms, etc) in my opinion. The packaging is adorable, and I love the jelly-like texture. It's a pretty unique product on its own, and does what it claims to do.

Has anyone tried the Vitamin Schtick lip balm before?



28 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

No never tried it. Never even heard of it. I'd love to try.

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Unknown said...

Cool! I haven't seen the lip balms around but I've tried the vitamin waters and grab them once in a while. Really want to try the lip balm though. The jelly consistency sounds interesting.

Unknown said...

I love Vitamin water! I got to check this out! I am a lip balm junkie!!

Alex Elkins said...

Those look really cool and cute!! Where can you pick them up?

Unknown said...

Alex: I got them at Target :) But I've seen them online.

Alicia said...

i haven't but it looks cool and i like the water.

Unknown said...

These look really cool! I'm tempted to take a bite out of it though - the jelly texture is very appetizing looking LOL

Elisa ♥ said...

never knew that these existed xD i'm loving the drinks though :D

Makeup and Mutts said...

That is so cool! :) I need to see if I can find it.

Ashley said...

I see these at Urban Outfitters all the time. Good to know they aren't just gimmicky brand lip balms!

l-article said...

Ooooh! I love Vitamin Shticks!! (and the water! XD) I recently lost my last shtick...so I'm gonna have to try a new flavor...soon...

emmabovary said...

They look so cool! Jelly balms are always cuter than the average

Anonymous said...

wow - i love drinking v-water but didn't know they make lip balm too. have to look into this. thanks for sharing.

Thu
http://justtututiny.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I've seen those drinks around but I didn't know they made lip balms. It looks cool!

welldressedmaker said...

no taste? but.... that's the reason why I keep on putting lipgloss on! gross? hahaha. your lips look fantastic!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Anonymous said...

lol i sometimes drink that stuff, I'm really surprised to see this lipbalm from the same maker! interesting!

ShinyPrettyThings said...

whaaat, had no idea they made lip balms! i used to think drinking vitamin water was so cool hahahhaha but then i realized it's just sugar water >.< glad the lip balms work great though! will look out for them.. thanks for the review!

Jen said...

OMG, when did they release these? They are so super cute!! >___<;; haha i want one now.. O___O" that's so awesome!

Georgina said...

that pink is so pretty! :)

tiffyama said...

Oooh~ friends of mine have some of these schticks! Sounds like they are pretty good. Maybe if I can find them on sale...I'll try them for myself!

Sharlynn said...

Omg...awesome, love the drink and I wish that sold here! Hopefully it's coming to this little island!

Joy said...

I love Vitamin Water and have one of these lip balms too :) It smells so yummy! You're lucky yours has no taste, mine tastes gross! x

Anonymous said...

yum i love vitamin water but have never heard of the chap stick, how interesting!

thanks for visiting my blog, hope you come back soon!

Anonymous said...

They make lip balms too??? YAY! I will look for these when I'm in California next week!! Thanks!!

Bravoe Runway said...

I have tried Vitamin Shtick...unfortunately it didn't really hydrate my lips... But it was sure yummy! Congratulations on the new blog!!

Jacqueline said...

It looks really nice on your lips. Pretty! I wonder if they sell them in Singapore. I hate it when lip balms don't twist back too.

Blusherine said...

too bad we can't get this brand over here, I would love to try it!
you have beautiful lips!!

Katherine Tealeaf said...

Wait what! These exist. xD It reminds me of those jelly lipbalms that lip smackers came out with when I was a kid.

tealeafcafe.blogspot.com