Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weekend in Pictures and Anastasia Brows

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a pleasant weekend. I was extremely busy the entire week o_o I took a road trip down to LA over the weekend to attend a wedding and had a blast :) I never realized how much I hate packing travel necessities. I have an arsenal of samples and stuff, but it can be such a pain to put them together =p Know what I mean?

Here's some pictures from over the weekend. I was so lame and forgot to pack my camera so I had to use my iPhone to snap these.

The wedding cake for the lovely couple :) It was a Taro cake from Van's Bakery in San Gabriel for those of you familiar with LA. It was delicious!

This was the pier at Marina del Ray where the wedding took place

This was the deck of the restaurant Shanghai Red's :) The other side of the bridge had a whole bunch of gorgeous koi fishes! :)

The table where I sat at :) Asian weddings are all about the food. This place had a buffet!

This was the best photo I found o_o I didn't realize I left my camera at home until we were in LA... 6 hrs later! Driving. My hair's crazy, I know.

This is Muffin... the couple's 12 yr old cat :)

How is it that super markets can sell ice cream like this? LOL Ridiculous huh?

I've noticed that one of the things I don't really pay attention to are my brows o_o I don't know what it is but I never seem to make it shapely yet it's the one feature that really defines the face. That's all going to change in a the next few days! I was contacted recently to review the Anastasia Beauty Express Brow Palette (really excited!). I'm really going to make an effort to see how a higher end product works compared to my cheap ELF Studio Eyebrow kit. And also to see how it compares in terms of color match. I always find that it's hard for Asians to get the "ideal" brow color because it never looks good to have jet black eyebrows yet it can look unnaturalish with brown brows. At least that's with my ELF one... maybe the Anastasia one is somewhere in between? ;) We shall see.

It's curious, isn't it? I've never tried anything like that and it looks really luxe with thoughtful packaging. What I like most about it is the brow stencils. I'm really excited to try it out and will def give guys you my thoughts on it. 

Will post again tomorrow. Night all! 









28 comments:

Jen said...

Your photos of the view of where the wedding was held looks amazing.. and so beautiful!
Haha, at least you know the ice cream is definitely frozen? XD

Looking forward to your post once you've tried out the brow palette.

Kalmo said...

Aw congratulations to your friend. I love her wedding cake and taro is the best. Aw the kitty is so cute and old. Ice cream is all freezer burned. T_T

It's so cool that you got contacted to review the HE brand! Congrats. Looking forward to your thoughts. Michelle Phan always emphasizes the brows so that's all I really know lol.

MereMakeupManiac said...

wow taro cake - that is an interesting flavor. the cake is petite but looks very delicate and elegant!

your pictures turned out nice, so don't punish yourself for forgetting your camera. :D

i've been reading about Anastasia brows for a long, long time but never bothered to explore because am lazy with it comes to my brows! but the packaging looks wel thought indeed, with instructions and diagrams - am considering to buy this and try.

Anonymous said...

The cake looks amazing!

I haven't used brow kits before- looking forward to your review!

Dana K said...

Oooh definitely be loooking forward to your review on the Anastasia eyebrows! Heard so much good things bout it!

Looks like you had such a blast at the wedding ^^

Have a great week!

Hollie said...

OMG, I'm also excited for you, will definitely be looking forward on your anastasia eyebrow kit review.

Amy said...

The cake looks delish :)
n you are so lucky to have that brow kit, can't wait to see the review! xx

Amy said...

I wrote a comment before but I don't know if its up :S internet is rejecting me!!! anyway, the cake looks delish! and can't wait to see your review on the brow kit! you are so lucky to have that!!!eek

Makeup and Mutts said...

That cake looks gorgeous! Great photos :) Look forward to a review of the eyebrow kit!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the wedding was fantastic!! The cake looks so lovely! I've always wondered how well this brow kit works. Looking forward to your review!

sugar sugar said...

the cake looks so cute! :3 all the pictures are also so beautiful except for the icecream haha!

i also never seem to take care of my brows so i would love to see a review on the eyebrow kit. :)

HEART KRiSTEL said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend! I had to LOL on those icecream...lols

Saving Capulet said...

oh what a huge cake!! and congratulations to your friend! these are very lovely pics by the way! and muffin is just too adorable!

Saving Capulet said...

oh what a huge cake!! and congratulations to your friend! these are very lovely pics by the way! and muffin is just too adorable!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

anastasia stuff is AMAZING. i swear by their brow wiz :) my elf kit has grown on me actually. looks like a beautiful wedding and amazing cake!

angie of pandaphilia fashion
2 giveaways going on now!

Maggie said...

Ahhh, I *love* weddings! They're just so happy and joyous. The cake looks so cute and SO TRUE, Asian weddings are all about the food! Hahaha that refrigerator pic is just ridiculous

Tracy D said...

I love that restaurant setting, gorgeous! And I have an older Anastasia kit which I use all the time...although the stencils are a bit tough to hold.

Stephanie C said...

I love the cake and the cat. =^.^= I have yet to try Anastasia but I've only heard amazing things about it!

Lisa said...

the wedding looks beautiful!! omgosh that picture of the frozen ice cream is so funny!!

i have the anastasia palette i like it :)

Anonymous said...

I hope the kit works out for you! Also lovely wedding pics. the cake is beautiful!

mimi said...

Ohhhh! My mom loves taro cake!! haha~ (: The cake looks really pretty ^^ San Gabriel is actually only like 20 minutes away from where I live :D I always go there to eat Asian food cause it's so Asian over there hahaha~ I love the old couple sitting on the cake XD & Muffin is such a cute name for a cat!! I was actually contemplating on renaming my hamster to pudding... because food names are just so cute~

Kim said...

omg, MUFFIN is just too adorable ^^ I love cat =D

noone said...

haha you are soo right asian weddings ARE all about food! and I wouldn't have it otherwise for my wedding when I have one! looks like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Thank you all! :) The wedding was really cute! Nothing formal but still very elegant. The cake has to be the best part! And the buffet was sensational.

Mimi: Omg, so cool that you're so local to San Gabriel!! I grew up there before I moved to SF! :)

Donna said...

aw the wedding cake looked beautiful! and OMG at the icecream! haha! thats hilarious

Mara said...

The cake is beautiful, but I'm sure it's even better when eaten...I go to weddings just for the cake I swear. LOL. :) You look lovely as ever and I can't wait for your review on the Anastasia brow kit.

Unknown said...

I went to a wedding too, but it was on the 23rd and it was super fun. You're right Asian weddings are all about the food and there was a uge Lechon or roast pig lol. Love it!

Girl, you gotta hit me up whenever you're in L.A. again so we can hangout :)

Steph said...

taro cake... mmmmm sounds good =]

HAHA the ice cream is just too funny XD you can't even buy the ice cream if you wanted too... and if the outside is like that... can't imagine inside the carton =p