Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Coral themed May and June Favorites

I've been trying to keep consistent with these monthly favorites but I'm really bland when it comes to new things... I tend to stick with products I use over and over because of its familiarity =p Plus, getting ready fast means more time for breakfast and the morning news. God, I'm old.


So here are my favorites for May and June, I hope you find these to be some of your favorites too!





Here's my broken Mighty Aphrodite blush, thanks to me dropping it while carrying a million other things -_-This was part of MAC's Spring 2011 Wonder Woman collection a few months ago and I have to admit that I'm not really interested in the packaging, but the duo blushes inside the compact are absolute gems! Both are nice and coral-ish and have a flattering sheen. I like the youthful finish and the fresh pinky colors.

 Lancome Star Bronzer in Bronze Riche 
I've actually had this bronzer for over a year now and I use this like a savage whenever I want a little glow. The sandy brown color is not too rich and has an extremely soft finish. It's such an incredible bronzer, with room to build on the color so you can't mess up. Thumbs up! :)




Milani Baked Blush in Corallina 
Milani's baked blushes are some of the best drugstore options. I have Rose D'or too but I like this one a tad bit more. It's a bright shimmery coral with frosty silver shimmers for highlight. The swatch above doesn't do the blush justice... o_o It's so pretty! I love the small packaging and the gold casing. It's an incredibly gorgeous color, almost a doll-like coral, especially with the reflective shimmers. Love it! :)



Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow in Galaxy
I was totally lucky to win this eyeshadow in a giveaway a few months ago. I wasn't really sure how to use this cream shadow, but I've come to love it as a nice shimmery grey base. It's not metallic-y which I love :) It's a jelly-like grey color that's easy to use and timeless looking. This shade has been a favorite of mine for months because of how versatile this shadow is. I pair it with matte colors to give it that textural contrast... and it can be worn casually or at work. Versatility plus!


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Coralberry
Hello! This is a freaking gorgeous shade!!! Some of my readers really favorite this lipstick because of how bright and cheery and summer-like it is and I have to agree. It looks dazzling in the sunlight and seems to be a universally flattering color for lips. Wear it alone or pair it w/another coral gloss. Go crazy! There is nothing more to say except that it's the best $5 spent on a lipstick.



Makeup Forever Camouflage Concealer no 1
Whether or not I have to conceal on a daily basis, the security of knowing that I have this in my arsenal makes me feel confident if I ever have to hide my beaming dark circles or pesky flaws that seem to creep up random mornings. This palette is incredibly creamy and pigmented. It covers tattoos too! Although I won't be needing to cover my tattoos (I have 2 btw! lol), it can sure cover up redness and blemishes to the nth degree. *bows*
The only complaint I have is the cheapy packaging. Why not house it in a luxe glass-like case? That would be the most perfect thing ever!

Phew! That was a LOT of writing. 

What are your current favorites? Please share! :)




43 comments:

Beauty Writer said...

I love the colours :)
http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Great picks :) You are so lucky to win that BB cream shadow! xx

Anonymous said...

Loving that Milani Coral Blush!! I'll have to look for that one!

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said...

great faves. I love the MAC blush. There's a way to put it back together! Try looking on youtube, hun.

Kalmo said...

Thanks for sharing your favorites. Coralberry looks super pretty and perfect for the season. The blush is also gorgeous. Very cool that you have tattoos. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your faves~ The MAC blush and Milani blushes are gorgeous~ I likey! =D

The MUFE can cover up tatts? Waoh.. I wanna check that out.

MEOW said...

i love the color of the milani blush~ soo pretty :)
thanks for sharing!!

ShinyPrettyThings said...

omg I've been obsessed with coral too!!! That revlon lipstick looks so pretty! gonna have to go check it out.

Aya said...

The Milani blush looks nice!!! :)

Mai said...

I have the Rose D'Or Milani blush and I absolutely love it ! I'll have to check out the coral one because the swatch you made looks really lovely x)

sugar sugar said...

love your pics dear! coral shades are so wearable and pretty! :)

i will look for the milani coral blush. x)

Jen said...

The MAC blush still looks gorgeous even though it's smashed XD
you have tattoos?! :O

Jamilla Camel said...

I have a number of Bobbi Brown cream shadows and I love them.

I love all your coral shades!

Amy said...

I adore everything that you mentioned! Pretty much anything coral takes my breath away. :)
Thanks for sharing!

MissS.elle said...

hahahha you use your bronzer like a savage LOL =P I have Tokidoki's one and Nars laguna but for some reasons I don't reach out to it.. I guess I like my super white skin =D

Alexis the Honey B said...

OH NO! what happened to your mighty aphrodite!!! I love that blush!!! I also have that Lancome bronzer.. great picks you have here!

noone said...

I find that revlon do have cheap packaging, but then again their stuff is also cheaper compare to other more expensive brands with "expensive" packaging. I think the packaging that gets me the most is cargo, their stuff is pretty expensive but the packaging just looks cheap! then it's a no no for me haha

Saving Capulet said...

wow!! the mighty Aphrodite blush is so perfect! that is exactly the shade of pink I want!! thank you!!!

Makeup and Mutts said...

The first blush looks so pretty! Poor blush, it's all cracked lol! Great faves

??? said...

great post, i am loving the coral blush from Milani...now only if i can find their products here in Canada, and i think it is time for me to start thinking getting a new concealer...and it seem to me that everyone loves the Makeup Forever one....maybe i should get that one???


Jessy
threenothing.blogspot.com

tiffyama said...

Great picks for the month of May and June!! I want to try the Revlon lippie! :D

cushy said...

that milani blusher definitely caught my eyes. pretty coral shimmery blush.

Dovey said...

Great favorites! I'm still kind of sad I didn't pick up mighty aphrodite, the colors were really gorgeous. Galaxy is a very very long term lemming of mine. I had a BB creme shadow once and loved it--- it's a shame that cremes don't last as long as powders, otherwise I'd have a lot more.

Rei said...

I like all your picks! The coral blushes are gorgeous. I have also recently broke.. not one, 3 makeup pieces...i know exactly how sad it can be..:-P

laura said...

That Milani blush looks beautiful from the swatch!I've never actually tried them before, but I keep on hearing wonderful things about them.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

fashioneggpplant said...

love the star bronzer! :)

Maggie said...

Lovely favorites! I actually had wanted the Might Aphrodite blush, but alas I did not get to buy it. The Milani blush looks GORGEOUS in the swatch, if that pic didn't do it justice then it must be amazing! I must check it out! And the Revlon lipstick too.

PinkOrchids said...

I absolutely love your coral blushes!! Too bad your mac broke, I hate when that happens. Wish we had Milani here, I see so many pretty products by them.
Thanks for sharing the Revlon lipstick, I'm so going to rush to the stores to get it!!

Oh and thank you for letting me know about Hanskin, that's another reason for me to visit Taiwan soon!! I never knew it was that cheap! I'm guessing it's genuine too if it's from Watsons. I think hanskin is amazing, i use it more as a concealer lol! xX

Hollie said...

I love your picks, especially the blushes. and I've love to try the bobbie brown cream eyeshadow, I've good things about it.
By the way, I gave you an award!
http://redberryaha.blogspot.com/2011/07/eotd-pink-and-gray-smokes.html

Michelle said...

Aww, it sucks that your blush broke :( I hate it when it happens >< but it's a gorgeous colour ^^ and that concealer palette looks awesome! :)

Lisa said...

omgosh the mighty aphrodite is SUCH a gorgeous color!! so pretty i wish i could get that now.. i really hate it when MAC has all these specialized "seasonal" pieces haha.

Kileen said...

the Revlon lipstick looks so beautiful! thanks for sharing. i might just pick it up this weekend. :)

cute & little
Sproos Shop Giveaway for cute hair accessories!

Donna said...

the milani blush is super gorgeous! you make me want to get it lol

breakingrumours said...

milani blush is sooooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

Have you checked out Milani Luminoso? it's as gorgeous but doesn't have frost ^^ the MUFE concealer palette looks great! I like all your picks :)

Unknown said...

Great favorites! I love coral colors too - I think they look flattering on almost all skin tones. The milani blush looks really nice. I still have to get around to getting a few of their colors :D

Sharlynn said...

oh la la! The milani blush looks beautiful! That MUFE palette is definitely on a long term wish list of mine, at $56 in singapore...I'll be waiting until I finish my current concealers and when I have the spare cash!

For summer my must-haves/favs are a lipstain (bodyshop & thebalm), BB cream (vichy), loose mineral powder(red earth), waterproof mascara (maybelline magnum) and waterproof eyeliner (MUFE)in bright colors!

thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Nic Nic: I'm going to get Luminoso the min it goes on sale :)

Blackmentos: Thanks for sharing, dear! I love Maybelline Magnum, but I don't have the waterproof formula. $56 for the MUFE concealer is crazy!

Unknown said...

The milani blush is gorgeous! As well as the bobbi brown shadow!

Unknown said...

You have 2 tattoos? Show me show me! Despite the crappy design, the concealer palette looks like such a great variety of shades for concealing. I also recently got coralberry too! I really love how bright it is, and why crawl over to get the new high end coral shades if as you said we can totally just spend $5 to get the same thing. It's not drying which I love too. BTW I also tried Galaxy during one of Bobbi Brown's workshop. I am just not a big fan of grey toned eyeshadows- prefer something warm toned! but I remember falling in love with the texture!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

i think i've found a new lippie to try! that looks super gorgeous. also the blushes look so nice and cheery. oo and bronzer! so many things to put back in the makeup bag :) great favourites!

Steph said...

hehe corals are my fave =] the milani bake blush looks gorgeous and i need to get my hands on revlon coralberry!!!

i've always wanted to swatch that MUFE Camouflage Concealer in stores, but it always looks so gross >< some ppl just don't swatch nicely =[

Jacqueline said...

The Lancome bronzer is very pretty! I love Lancome products.