Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Urban Decay Naked and Weekend Fun

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I finally got my hands on the Naked palette!!! I wasn't after it like crazy but it was def on my mind. I'm so glad I did because a palette like this is a serious multitasker. I can't imagine not having this now! I love seeing it in the morning all gorgeous in all its purple glory. I got the one with the brush because it's what a palette should have and it retails for $26 alone!






I'm sure you've all seen tons of swatches online already. It is the way it's been described - colors have awesome payoff, no fallout and totally awesome neutrals.


jen

I know I look a little crazy with the scarf thing. It was one of those bad hair mornings =p Not my best picture but ah well. I tried out some of the eyeshadows and Dark Horse is one of those really lovely browns that I think I'll be using a lot. Please ignore my undone brows =p

I'm wearing Stila Little Black Dress gel liner, Loreal Telescopic Mascara, Lancome Star bronzer, and Maybelline Pink In the Afternoon lipstick. I haven't been wearing any foundation these days because I felt like my skin needed to breathe and revive itself.

This past weekend I also went kayaking! It was my first time and it was totally fun and really tiring! You won't believe how sore my arms are right now from all that paddling. 2 1/2 hours out at sea (at the wharf, really) and paddling alongside boats and other sea enthusiasts. I had a grand time looking at the amazing sea otters in their natural habitat.


Me in my kayak gear


Mom and baby


Santa Cruz





26 comments:

JC ♔ said...

You look fine, silly. And yay for Naked! Also, those seals (?) are so cute!

The Procrastinator said...

OMG can't get enough of baby seals. Just can't.

I'm starting a bunch of Naked tutorials on my blog, so definitely feel free to check them out! http://procrastinatingpretty.blogspot.com/2011/06/laura-mercier-lets-get-naked.html

queerpinkfish said...

Ah cute seals!! ^.^ i love darkhorse too.. and smog!!

Mandy said...

I like the new header picture for your blog!! :-)

Unknown said...

Nice pics! And OMG I seriously need to get my hands on the Naked palette, but I really shouldn't right now.

mandy said...

Kayaking sounds intense! But definitely something that seems interesting to try. Hope you have a speedy recovery =P

I don't know why but even though I don't wear eyeshadows I still really want the Naked palette a lot. I think I have a bad obsession! =X But everyone makes it sound amazing.. I really wish they kept the double liner but I guess a brush isn't too bad as well. Please do a review if you can ^__^

ShinyPrettyThings said...

yayyyy!!! you jumped on the Naked bandwagon ^o^ kayaking looks so fun! too bad I can't swim LOL >_< so i'm a tad hesitant to try

Ashley said...

Awww otters and... seals??
Gotta love the marine life but I'm terrified of small boats. I feel the most vulnerable in paddle boats. I always imagine a shark tipping over my boat and eatting me :S

breakingrumours said...

seallll! :)

i thought you were spotting the bohemian look with the scarf ;)

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said...

YAY! I'm glad you got the naked! =D You'll love it.

-Dinah
dgsbeauty.com

mimi said...

those seals look so cute! ^^
& you don't look crazy with that scarf lol~
yayy naked!!! (:

Hollie said...

I'm so jealous! when am I ever gonna have the UD Naked palette! I need a miracle!

Anonymous said...

the otters are so cute! looking forward seeing your looks with that palette!

laura said...

Kayaking! man, I haven't gone in a looooong time. Oh wait, that was canoeing, and I never paddled. hahaha. And I've wanted the Naked palette forever, but just ended up buying other palettes for some reason... Now that i'm on a clothing/accessory shopping fast, i may cave in and finally buy it!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Gloria said...

The naked palatte still picks a string of curiosity in me, but I find I haven't been using eyeshadow lately, much less eyeliner :S Vacation must have made me lazier than I was.

It looks like you had a great time. The pictures are wonderful (the clouds look so cool in that one picture) and the sea otters are so cute!!

Makeup and Mutts said...

Gorgeous look! Cute seals. I love that palette! :)

Valerie Zhang said...

I've had the Naked Palette for so long, but I haven't touched it. Maybe I should!
I love kayaking, the seals are sooo cute. (:

Nonners said...

BABY SEALS! Whiskers! I bet your arms would get ripped from kayaking like that regularly!

Shop N' Chomp said...

What a fun weekend! =D I like your FOTD. Would you believe that I've yet to own this palette? o_O

o0SerenityAngel0o said...

The colors on that palette look gorgeous. Love the FOTD. :) Aww cute seals!

jane said...

I like your pictures :D

I want the naked palatte too, I was going to spend a some of my paycheck on it but I ended up not getting it. I don't know how I feel about the shimmery shadows.. heard there's only 2 mattes? ahh, decisions, decisions.

Beautiful pictures from kayaking! ^_^ Hope your sore arms feel better soon!

ashura said...

I actually think the scarf is quite cool =)

Unknown said...

The scarf on your head is actually cute :) Man, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't have the NAKED palette haha..

Smolder Me said...

aww i want those palette too..:) cur photos by the way...following you now...hope you can drop by mine too...cheryl:)

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Omg you are SO gorgeous!!! I love Naked palette, you should do more looks with it!:) CUTE seals!<33

Jacqueline said...

1) Naked Palette! I just got it and totally agree with you, the best neutral palette around.

2) I love kayaking! Unfortunately it isn't very exciting to kayak in Singapore. I've done it while traveling in NZ and Australia. I feel so close to nature and at peace. The otter pic is very special. You are lucky to be able to photograph it. These are things worth living for.