Saturday, April 16, 2011

Two week cleansing cycle DONE!

Hey all! Remember my post about the body cleansing regimen here? I finally wrapped it up this past Thursday and I am pleased to say how very happy I am not having to pop a large combination of pills for a long while! LOL =p


In two weeks' time, I ingested 175 vitamins. Jesus freaking Christ, right? I know, I am thinking the same thing! It was a struggle to have to take them after breakfast and after dinner. Alternately, the box also says you can take them all at night... that would be 24 pills at once.

So how was it? Well, if you read my post about it, you would know that this is my 2nd experience within the span of 2 or so years. This cleanse cleans out your colon, detoxes you from all the toxins on a day to day basis, and helps balance out your system overall.

Week 1 was 12 pills each day, 4 in the morning and 8 in the evening. I didn't feel anything drastic happening to my body except needing to pee a lot since I also drank a ton of water to wash the pills down. The water was definitely good for my skin and I felt really good mid week because I was well hydrated and didn't eat as much (probably due to all the water). I'm not an expert pill popper (lol) so I had a lot of water. I know some people can just take a gulp of water and be done with everything but these were kinda big and some of them had powder inside. Just last week one of the pills got stuck in my throat and I was trying to wash it down with water and juice and the casing ended up dissolving and when I coughed, all the gross powder inside was in my mouth. Totally gagging moment but I ended up taking care of it with elegance (downed more juice).

Week 2 was a lot easier. I started to get the hang of the regimen and went to the bathroom regularly. I know when you see the word laxatives, you freak out because you know what it does. The good thing about this is that the laxatives are not active and they do not make you run to the bathroom at all. Everything was calm and there were no surprises. Toward the end of my cleanse, I noticed how much more "awake" i was. I didn't need to have coffee everyday and my energy level at the gym increased. I usually run 2 miles on the treadmill or elliptical but I noticed myself finishing 3-3.5 miles in a 35 minute run. There is no caffeine in this cleanse and I think my energy is due to the toxins being removed from my body.

Overall, I really recommend this cleanse. If you can overlook the crazy amount of pills to ingest, it's a good way to start a diet or clean out your system. I'm not sure how regularly a cleanse should be done but from the comments in my original post, some people cleanse every month. I'd be too afraid that my body would be dependent on it! =p And I really hate taking pills! At most maybe quarterly (every 3 months) to "start fresh" =p

I bought mine at Whole Foods for $12.99. I saw a similar one at Trader Joe's for the same price and there are various ones at vitamin stores (GNC, Vitamin World) and online.

18 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow this sounds like a really good detox plan! I'm intrigued now. I might get them too and see how it works out for me cos I am downing lots of coffee in the morning to even get my day going.

Oh dear! that must have been traumatising when that pill was stuck in your throat! Usually these herbal pills tend to be pretty big.

I've never used Naruto products but I've heard some positive raves about them. If I was still living in Asia, i could ship the Diorsnow products to you. I will make a transit in Singapore in Mid-May. if you're keen, I can definitely help out a curious buddy! :-)

Anonymous said...

this sounds like a brilliant product! I dont know if I could stick to it though - you did well! I need a detox too!

Stephanie said...

Oh wow... THAT is a ALOT of pills :( Glad you finished it though!!

Anonymous said...

♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

나니 said...

O_Ô that all seems like a HUGE load of pills.. I HATE having to swallow pills and just like you, I'm not a pro pill-popper, so I have to drink a HUGE load of water with it.. and I don't really like the taste of water.. so yeah.. >__<" not something I would do AT ALL. But I find it very inspiring that you went through it consistently! : D GO GO GO! \(^o^)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing it! I am going to look into doing one this week-you've inspired me!

/ xw said...

Geez - You made me realize how much I need to start working out. =)

Makeup and Mutts said...

Wow that is a LOT of pills!

l-article said...

That is a ton of pills!! But it's an interesting regimen! I'll have to try it out sometime haha

Unknown said...

Oh man, that's a lot of pills! But I am really glad you did this review - I haven't detoxed since...the painful diarrhea incident -_-;; but I think I am in the need for detoxing because I've been really sluggish lately...and I can tell I'm clogged up somehow because my skin has that...I dunno, dull look to it.

MissS.elle said...

wow that's a lot of pills there!! more than what I would give to my patients in the hospital LOL! But I'm glad it worked out for you :) I wouldn't be able to pop all these pills o_O

Unknown said...

175!??!? wow! haha! but glad it worked... i've heard good things about cleanses and the boost in energy is definitely one that i hear consistently! One time i went on a natural foods/veggie only diet for 2 weeks, i lost lots of weight and felt much healthier and more energetic but i definitely missed my meat! haha!

Lisa said...

that is so insane i can't believe you ingested that many pills!!! i'm going to read up more about this online now.. hahahahaha.

Lynzy said...

I have always wanted to do one of these cleanses, but it sounds like a lot of work! I am in the medical field and a lot of the time you are just taking in too much vitamins and you urinate the rest out... but I would feel so much healthier afterwards!

xo Lynzy
http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

Kalmo said...

Thanks for writing about your experience, I hear about cleaning a lot but I don't know much about it. Tempted to try it now since you made it seem less scary. :)

Lea said...

So crazy! I've never even considered doing such a thing, just because there's a stigma that it's a bit obsessive and unhealthy? At least all of the crazy cleanses I've heard about. That's such a crazy amount of pills. You take those, but keep eating the same as usual?

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear this regimen worked for you. It really does sound like a healthy thing to do since so many toxins build up inside our bodies (all the junk food I eat probably doesn't help much either). I don't think I could ver pop 12 vitamins a day though..I'm the type of person who has to chop my pills into tiny pieces first before I can swallow them lol ><

Mandy said...

I think I would like to do a cleanse. We have a Trader Joe's out here as well as a few other natural food places. What was the name of your cleanse? I might try to get one in the next one or two weeks!