Friday, December 31, 2010

Most used e/s of 2010: NYX's 10 Color e/s in Romance

I did a lot of experimenting in 2010 and I tried many products either through hype or otherwise, but in the e/s department, I have never been more sure about anything other than NYX eyeshadows. I just find this brand to be versatile, and modern while affordable and chic. Their eyeshadows are extremely good quality and always has a nice silky finish. This is my go-to palette for work occasions and other low-key events which are quite sporadic in my life! I get a lot of consistencies, and this eyeshadow never fails to deliver. I had this palette for a year now! Bought it online through CherryCulture.

I love the entire palette but the one most used is the bottom row! I love it entirely. You can create any look from subtle to bold. Both highlight colors are really nice, with one being shimmery (top row) and the other matte (bottom row).

Here is the swatch for the 2nd row. I originally had the first row as well, but it was too distorted =/ But it's very similar on the first row as well, just a lot more muted than these colors here.

There you have it :) My go-to e/s of 2010!

I also wanted to mention that their NYX's Circle Lipsticks are fantastic as well. My everyday favorite is the shade Indian Pink.


What do you think? Would you buy this shade? :) I have gone through two tubes of it so far. I hope it never gets discontinued!

I will be making a lot improvements for the year new on my blog to include more product reviews, swatches, tutorials and pictures. On board with me is my new Nikon camera that will produce higher quality images, and better swatches. Thank you for all the dear comments about my blog's new layout... it will change again in the coming weeks for better navigation.

I thank you all for your continued readership and support for Rainy Days. This blog started out through the inspiration and awe I felt toward other bloggers and now this blog has turned into a continuous project for me :) I have reached new heights this year and all your endearing comments and critiques have only made it better.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay safe, stay sane. Enjoy!

19 comments:

Kaleido Mind said...

oo that palette looks like a good dupe for urban decay's naked palette?:)

Tammy said...

Still to this day I haven't tried any of the NYX shadows. I think because I'm more of a palette person and I can only find mono shadows where I live. I think I would probably purchase this palette if I was a warmer shade complexion but warm shades tend to look rather poor on me ^^
Thanks for reviewing this! :) Happy new year!

Mara said...

I've heard so much about Indian Pink. It looks very good on your skin tone, I'm much darker than you though. :( I have the NYX smokey eye palette and I like it too.

BTW Happy New Year! :)

Lilladylife said...

circle l/s looks really pretty!!! i own this NYX palette but i dont show it any love your post makes me want to whip it out!

Jean said...

I have two of those NYX palettes and I love them! I don't have "Romance" yet but I was eying champagne and caviar which looks similar. Do you have an Ulta near you? They're $9.99 retail there and frequently on sale plus they have printable coupons to top it off. I got mine for around $5 each.

I'll have to look for Indian Pink next time! Another blogger I follow (Sophia) likes it too.

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

I would totally buy that shade, but for my kit instead of myself! it looks great on you though~

Pammy said...

That's a really lovely palette with colors perfect for everyday use. :)

Stephanie C said...

Happy New Year!! Indian Pink looks lovely on you!

Unknown said...

I think the lipstick looks nice on you! I have not yet to try out nyx palettes, though I have heard so many good things about them. I like your new blog layout too :) I am looking forward to see more here in 2011! Thank you for such kind words you left on my blog. That's so sweet of you! Hope you have a wonderful new year as well xoxo

Isabel said...

Indian pink looks gorgeous on you! On me, it's just an unflattering orange mess >_<

Saving Capulet said...

oh wow, that lippie shade is gorgeous!

April said...

The lipstick looks GREAT on you!

amynaree said...

i'm loving the colors of the nyx palette, it definitely looks like something i would wear everyday too!

Mindy♥ said...

Ahh yes!! NYX love! :)
I have that same palette as well and it's filled with lovely colors. <3
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Kileen said...

i haven't tried NYX eyeshadows before but am even more curious now as i've heard nothing but great things about them. and your lipstick is simply gorgeous! perfect MLBB shade!!

cuteandlittle.com

Sarah said...

The makeup palette is gorgeous!

A Shine Bunny said...

pretty colors!!

Kitten said...

that palette is soo gorgeous, i love it! where did you buy it and how much? and the indian pink looks so natural on you.

Unknown said...

Kitten: I bought the palette online! :) It's pretty accessibile thorugh all the online shops, especially Cherry Culture when they have a sale :)