Saturday, October 2, 2010

Revlon

I recently picked up a few Revlon items from CVS. If you have their Care Card, you can scan coupons in the store. You just bring your little keychain card thing and scan it, (usually in the front entrance of the store) and out comes random coupons. So I scanned mine and received a $7 off any $15 Revlon purchase. On top of that, I had a $1 Revlon coupon that I found lying around in the store =D Here's what I got!

Revlon Nail Polish in Peach Petal
Revlon Matte Suede Polish in Ruby Ribbon 
Revlon Matte Suede Polish in Powder Puff
Revlon Colorstay Eye Quad in Silver Fox


The eyeshadow colors are gorgeous in the pan. I was really attracted to the jewel-like colors in the palette. There is something about those colors that really enticed me into buying. The eyeshadows are really pretty, but it may be a little chalky for my taste. I haven't used it yet so I can't judge for sure. I'm really liking the colors though! :) The texture is really silky compared to a lot of my other eyeshadows, and the flecks of shimmery silver stuff (highlight color) is also really pretty. All 4 shades have shimmer in it, but  I will do a better review  on it after usage :)

This is the nail polish in Peach Petal. Isn't it such a pretty shade?!!? I know I'm super late in hoarding this polish since most bloggers are in love with it. You blogger gals are so infectious when it comes to loving something. I really like this shade a lot.. it's a very opaque milky pink color. It's not sheer at ALL and two coats should be more than enough. Not sure why I didn't get this earlier? I guess I couldn't justify the $3.99 price tag for one color... which is crazy in itself. But I guess I got a better deal now? :) I also got some matte shades so I'm pretty excited about trying them soon as well. I  have high hopes for Powder Puff... I really hope it turns out to be what I want it to be. If you go to the store, you can see it on Halle Berry's nails... LOL :) It should be an opaque pearly white frenchy color. I hope that's a vivid enough description.

So those are my most recent drugstore purchases. Anyone have a favorite Revlon product you'd like to share? :) Compell me!!

39 comments:

- susy - said...

I love the Revlon lipglosses. Not super sticky but colors are nice. I have the Coral Reef and Lilac ones.

.blushfully. said...

OMGosshhhh!!! Wish we have those kinds of deals in Australia =( Love your haul! That nail polish is so soft and beautiful! That quad is niiceee, too! hahaha... me now want that nail polish...
Australia's pricing is somehow about double us =(

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

I didnt know you can print out coupons at cvs. I gotta check that out, im such a coupon girl, my bf tells me im like a grandma cutting coupons off the sunday paper. LOL! That palette has pretty colors! I love revlon pink pout lipstick and their lipglosses in nude lustre, lilac pastelle, coral reef and pink whisper. :D

rene said...

Hieee!
I also just got their nail polish in Grey Suede! I'm wearing it now and loving it too!

Mana said...

hi there! Thanks for the sweet compliment on my blog and thanks for following! I hope you keep reading I'll try to keep my blog interesting =P oh, that nail polish colour is really nice, Im a pink or nudie colour girl for nail colours =P

Anonymous said...

I just posted about the Revlon Lip glosses, which I love.
Can't wait to see the Matte shades you got.

Mandy said...

the Revlon eyeshadows look really good! i want :D
for some reason i always skip them whenever i walk by a Revlon display :p thanks for sharing swatches


http://hairandmakeupoverload.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love the polish. Very pretty.

Ping said...

that is a really pretty peach nail polish! i can see that being an awesome color too on the toes. i love soft subtle colors.

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

oh i love the colours in the palette! hehe revlon is awesome with pastels

amynaree said...

Peach petal is so gorgeous!! I love the color. I need to go to CVS and find it now hehe

Unknown said...

After the disappointing Maybelline palette I think I'm going to try Revlon...that teal is color is especially pretty ^^

Maggie said...

The quad has such pretty colors. I LOVE Revlon's lipglosses! I have 5 now (oh no..)! :D

Stephanie C said...

I love the Peach Petal on you! I missed out on it before now I might have to scoop it up!

Jean said...

Omigosh! I just got that coupon too and saved it for this week's revlon polish sale. They are $3.99 but you get $3 extra bucks back per bottle, which is a-mazing!! I got maybe 6 bottles (the max limit) then used my extra bucks on more makeup. I got peach petal too but havent tried it yet. i love the gray suede and vixen colors (wearing it now). Their polish does chip easily though so a good topcoat is key.

Lilladylife said...

oo0o0o0o0ooooo peach petal looks so good on you!!! looked bad on my skin tone for some reason! love your pics!

s said...

I love Peach Petal! It's pretty opaque too so only need 1-2 coats :) Coincidentally, I used Revlon "Pink Chiffon" today!

Susie said...

Ooo, the Revlon quad is pretty :) The blue color is my favorite!

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

such subtle colors but are perfect for autumn..:D

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

PetiteXXS said...

I keep hearing about Peach Petal! I guess now maybe a good time to try it :)

serenadeveryday said...

OMG you found a good deal! I wish there was a CVS close by... oh wait there is one! I need to try to make a stop before this deal is over.

I think Peach Petal is my favorite color of all the polishes you got. I've been trying to get a hold of the Peach Petal lip gloss but I haven't had much luck. {*argh}

I actually haven't used DS products in a long time. I used to be in love with DS brands but after I had a horrible experience I completely stopped buying DS products. I'm slowly getting back into it now though. =P
Don't hesitate to share more fabulous finds!


<3s Serena.

Tokyo fashion-HOLIC said...

I love pink nails<3

*sayablack from TOKYO*

Unknown said...

Those eyeshadow colors are really pretty! I've never tried any of Revlon's things, I'm more of a Maybelline and Loreal girl :P

Tammy said...

Pretty! The Revlon quad is quite pigmented...FOTD soon? :D

Unknown said...

Tammy: YES :) The palette is great so far :)

Unknown said...

wow, you saved a lot of money! and the revlon eye shadow palette is really pretty!

thanks for visiting my blog. I agree, burts bees makes awesome lip balm too!

Marie said...

Oh! I have the peach petal polish by revlon too! It's really pretty, I agree! :) And the palette have a gorgeous range of color too! :)

By the way. You left a comment on my blog about Dr. House being the father in Stuart Little.. I have that movie and never realise it! My jaw dropped!! How can a almost perfect father full of moral be house too!? He's such a great actor !! :)

Marie said...

Omg, I mixed your comment with someone else's comment for the House thing! Where did my brain go!!

Oh well, it's still surprising, AHAH :)

Nadine Natalin said...

i love the palette it has gorgeous shades :) godd for day n' night make-up

Karen said...

I'm not too into Revlon e/s but I do love their polishes very much! I'm starting to collect them as well.. in addition to OPI (they are both cruelty-free brands yay) and I have found that Revlon is more anti-chipping than OPI. Love!

Sherry Lou Studio said...

i love Revlon nail polish! I use it alll the time. It's affordable and works pretty well too :)

kellyyes said...

nice choices! i abolutely adore peach petal! i have it as well and i agree w everything you said about it!

http://kelly-yes.blogspot.com/

ashura said...

Relvon stuff are getting prettier. I like the eye shadow palette!

ashura said...

Relvon stuff are getting prettier. I like the eyeshadow!

Jen said...

Ooooh I am definitely going to check that nailpolish out! I only use essie and OPI because I'm a noob at applying it and those are the only ones that have gone on smoothly for me. How does the Revlon one apply?

Have a great weekend girl!
Jen

K A T H L E E N said...

love revlon colors!
come follow xoo

Cassandra said...

I really wish we had revlon in sweden!! i havent found it in any makeup stores ;__;

Beautiful pallet and nude nailpolish!!

<3Cassie

rebeca.cd said...

Those eyeshadows look great!

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

Shopping Addict said...

I love those shadows.