Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Max Factor Stick Foundation, Revlon and other Ramblings

Hi everyone :) I've been out of town over the weekend and didn't get a chance to update or catch up on blogs. It's madness. I love reading blogs =P

Awhile ago, I mentioned that I wanted to try stick foundation because I wanted to use it for traveling or going out or if I feel I need something more than powder. I bought the Max Factor Pan Stik foundation to try. It's really inexpensive and has 14g of product in a portable to-go stick.

I really like it because of its creamy texture and semi dewy finish.  It's not a 100% match on me because I feel it's a little on the lighter side but it can be really great when you just need to touch up or use ti to conceal. It's like a huge concealer, I guess LOL :)

Coverage is about medium to heavy depending on how much you use. Overall, I really like this foundation a lot but the only thing that really disturbs me is the SMELL. It's really an off putting pharmaceutical smell that kind of lingers. It's such an awesome foundation but the smell is pretty intense. I'm not sure I'll stick with it for long just because of the smell, but I'll give it as much chances as I want. Some people I know love it so it's worth giving it the benefit of the doubt :) Max Factor was one of the first brands I ventured into when I was a high school student. They have discontinued their makeup in the US for unknown reasons, but they sell this foundation online. It's really inexpensive and works wonderfully like a concealer.




Products Used:
Revlon Eye Quad in Silver Fox

The Revlon eyeshadow is awesome! SUPER silky and feels like mineral eyeshadow. It's not outrageously pigmented but it's enough to give you a modest color. The colors are really true to life and it goes onto the skin without too much fallout. I really like it a lot and I can imagine lots of uses for it :) Definitely a go for me :) I love hoarding awesome eyeshadow palettes :) No mascara, or eye liner today... I felt super naked at work today but it's okay. It feels freeing in some sick way :)

15 comments:

- susy - said...

that is why I can't stand stick foundations!! i always find them to smell GROSS and chemical-ly. Does that make sense?

Unknown said...

Susy: YUP! Why is that?! It must be because it's in a stick form. They need chemicals to make it hold :p

Liana said...

ive never tried a stick foundation but they seem pretty interesting...i wonder why max factor isn't selling here anymore?
i totally know what you mean about feeling free without eyeliner or mascara...it feels good when no ones around to see me :P

Unknown said...

The stick form looks so convenient -- I really want to try this...I hate weird scents though :(

Anonymous said...

I've never tried a stick foundation, I always thought they'd go on too thick, thanks for the review.

miss D said...

I like the MAC foundation stick too!! But my mom stole that one from me lol thanks for the review<3

Crystal said...

I want to try out stick foundation too, but I am afraid that it will be too drying for my dry and sensitive skin. I sometimes will get lasy and don't want to do eye makeup at all, and my friend always ask me if I am really tired, haha^0^

Ping said...

lol that is really weird for a foundation to be smelly!! gross....i'm uber senstitive to smell and can't wear anything that is not pleasant smelling. bobbi brown has a foundation stick too...you should try her out. many colors and you can get matched to find the perfect color for you. she also carries little foundation sticks too for travelling...i think its called a face stick...not sure.

s said...

Hey Jen! You look great without liner! That foundation sounds like something I'd like (creamy and dewy for my dry skin), but I don't even know where to buy Max Factor :(

How've you been lately?

Stephanie said...

never tried a Stick foundation before. Oh except one time this lady did put a Benefit one on me. I found it kind of thick. I think this Max Factor brand is discontinued in the US though...

ashura said...

Stick foundation seems popular recently! Maybe I will check this out when I go to HK this year end!

Leenda said...

Nice review! I've heard about Max Factor concealers, but never tried them out before.

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

ooh always in need of a good concealer/foundation! i hate smelly products though D: revlon lipsticks in particular are bad about the old lady baby powder smell

thanks for the review :)

Unknown said...

I used to only use stick foundation. I used Shiseido :) I like the oily/creamy ones because the powdery ones tend to dry my skin.

I saw your Revlon palette in the last post. I have a similar one in different shades (neutrals) and I dont like it anymore. I did in the beginning but maybe I have had it too long and now the colors don't last and my eyes feel itchy. I guess eyeshadow expire too?

Fifi said...

I've always wanted to try stick foundations but don't know if I can stand the smell. :/