Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wonders of the World

I am back from my little excursion! :) I've been back for a few days now. Over the weekend, I took a nice trip to the Napa and Sonoma areas where I did numerous wine and olive oil tastings. The sparkling wines in the Sonoma area were spectacular. I absolutely fell in love with the ambiance and constructed beauty of grape growing. Most of all, it was the wine making and the peaceful and picturesque towns in the Napa and Sonoma areas.
                                                                                                                                                                                        



























 One of the many wineries I visited :)

















 Totally random, but I also went to fly kites on my way to Napa! LOL Do you see my ladybug? :)












I enjoyed enjoyed  Muir Woods, and the many local beaches in that area. The mountains were breathtaking and the drive there was not without effort. The windy roads were scary but the moment you reach your destination, you don't feel as if you're in California anymore.




















As for makeup during my trip, I didn't wear much. I just brought a high SPF moisturizer (Neutrogena Liquid) and a few essentials that I use daily like concealer, powder, mascara and blush.Concealers are the secrets to the universe! There is never a wrong time to use them. I'll do a before and after in another post and you will see why. I look like dog poop in the morning but after applying concealers, I look and feel more of what a person should feel like =P



Have a great Friday tomorrow! Will be posting more this weekend :)

25 comments:

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

Great photos! :) Looks real peaceful!

Tammy said...

Hhahah I think we all look like dog poop in the mornings!

LOL at the kite flying! I don't think I've ever flown a kite before, but I guess that's because I don't have one. You guys look like you're having so much fun--thanks for sharing your pictures with us :)

-mztoots- said...

you look cute =) that place is beautiful! not really into wine but the scenery there makes me want to find a winery nearby

Unknown said...

Looks great, hope u had a great time! :)

your hair is so volumed! How'd you get it to be like that!?

Anonymous said...

Aw looks like such a good time, really pretty pictures! x

Stephanie C said...

Beautiful place! I'm glad u had a good time! I would love to go to Napa!

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun trip! i havent flown a kite in a long long time, yours looked cute!

Winnie said...

Looks like you've been having a fantastic time! You look lovely and I'm the same, when I'm on holiday, minimal make up is definitely best!

Unknown said...

so beautiful!! i love spending time outdoors when the weather is great :) i LOVE the ladybug kite! heheheh so adorable! your hair has SO much volume, gah! i'm jealous! hehehe

Leenda said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Especially kite flying! =]

Anonymous said...

Fun photos. I've never flown a kite, what fun it looks.

Ricademus said...

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. I haven't had a chance to visit Napa yet, but someday!!!

My 18-month old niece would try to charm you out of that kite. She loves ladybugs so much that we call her Sadiebug (yes , her name is Sadie). =)

Ping said...

love napa! such good food too and the weather is always better there.

Angelique said...

Such pretty places! I want to go to Napa :D

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

aww the kite flying looks so fun ^__^ you look pretty and natural~

sweetkuromi said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog =)

I hope the look works great on u, bt remember to have all the eyeshadow colors in matte constitency, it works nicer this way! let me know how it goes ;)

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

fu fu fu thank you <3 i really love it when my outfits make people happy and interested ^__^ i am editing new photos for today's outfit! can't wait to post :D this time it's very normal poses so sorry if you're disappointed lolll

Banhannas said...

Yes, concealer is definitely heaven sent on earth! What kind of concealer do you use, just by curiosity?

Mei said...

looks like an awesome trip! and concealer is definitely a holy grail :D

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

hehe thanks :D i still feel strange wearing falsies though. yesss i've become quite the revlon fanatic it seems. i was quite impressed with the pigmentation of their glosses :D

Unknown said...

i tagged you sweets in an 8 question tag! :)

http://skinniegenes.blogspot.com/2010/08/mini-haul-and-8-questions-tag.html

amynaree said...

awesome photos, makes me want to just zap myself from work and be there ! :)

Aney Mei said...

This place looks beautiful and breathtaking! Love the photos. My bf has been going on about kite flying haha. I should probably do that soon with him at a nearby beach or park :P

Anna said...

Nice picture's, and nice place it's very gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Hey~ Thanks for tagging me. I've had your post in mind but I haven't figured out what my favorite top is yet! lol I'll be re-posting it this week!

And I'm jealous! I've always wanted to go up there! Was the wine good?