Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Purples

Hi everyone :)

As you all know, summer is coming to an end. The back to school rush has just passed and everyone's head is back in the game for academics. Lucky for me, fall is also approaching which means comfortable knits and sweaters, coats and fall accessories. Not that summers here have been scorching... I've been pretty lucky. It's been one of the best summers I've ever had, both weather-wise and for me personally :)

I've been trying out Laura Mercier's Pressed Powder for a little over 2 weeks. To say the least, I REALLY like it. It's so luxurious... it gives a nice silky matte finish. It's supposed to be formulated with "French Cashmere" mineral. Not sure if they are the only company that claims this but it's a great product. I bought it online not too long ago in hopes of replacing my normal Shiseido powder. I like them both! So, I don't know...! o_o I need to stick with one thing and stay loyal to it, but it is so hard! =p



















That is me wearing the Laura Mercier pressed powder. I love it! I used a kohl eyeliner to line my lids. By the end of the day, the eyeliner was all smudged and smeared. Yuck! It's too mushy anyway for my small eyes.  I am also wearing a Sephora lip gloss called Bronzed Beauty. I love it! I've had it FOREVER but never cared for it until now! LOL It's kind of this coppery color with light shimmers. I really like it! :) I also like that it's not too flashy.

What do you guys think? Any Mercier fans here? :)


Lastly, I was tagged by Penelope for the "8 Most worn things". Here is my take on it!


MOST WORN HAIR PRODUCT

A constant winner in my book. This is a Japanese hair treatment that you use when your hair is still a little damp. It makes my hair REALLY soft. I'd eat it if I could. I love it that much! LOL.


MOST WORN LIPSTICK
Lancome Color Gloss in FEVER.
This is discontinued now but I use it a lot. It's a pretty coral shade that looks amazing on lips. It smells really good too :)

MOST WORN EARRINGS
I switch my earrings pretty often but I'm really liking the sea green colors right now. These stand out without much effort :)

MOST WORN TOP
Sorry for the bad picture. It's actually a light grey top that has been butchered terribly by my camera. I like lightweight, silky tops that have floral designs.

NAIL POLISH
I wear this all the time. I love pale pink colors. 


MOST WORN SHOES
So hard to choose. I wear different shoes everyday! LOL Most worn this week is my yellow platformish peep toe heels. This shoe has incredible support because of the chunky back. I love it! :)

MOST WORN PERFUME
Ralph Lauren Romance.
I've loved this scent for over six years. 

MOST WORN BAG
Like shoes, I like to change my bags constantly. But this is my go-to bag.
La Tour Eiffel. My mom gave it to me when I started my first job after college. She had this bag when she was 21! LOL 

I am tagging:





20 comments:

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

Oooh this tag was so interesting :) Hehe I really like your shoes!

Popcorn said...

the Laura Mercier pressed powder looks great on you!

I only own their shimmer bloc, and I love it~ So i can't wait to try more of their things.

Anonymous said...

the powder looks great on you, very flawless looking! love you natural eye makeup too :)

Interesting tag, thanks for sharing! the bag and shoes are cute :)

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

<3 i don't mind at all hehe. it's not copying it's taking inspiration *wink*

your comment made me smile so big :) thank you for your compliments! aaaa *embarrassed a little* hehe xD the h&m hat i bought in may i think so i don't think it's there anymore :( it's really really floppy though so i have to really hold it out of my face or i can't see anything xD so maybe it's a good thing you can look for others that are a little stiffer hehe

ooo :D yay! i should get things ready then :) it won't hurt to have it posted somewhere even if i don't get takers, right?

Lilladylife said...

YAY for LM! she is never spoken about bc she is always subtly great in the background. I love everything I have tried of hers so far!

Unknown said...

OOO this laura mercer pressed powder makes your skin so flawless!! :) I've heard great things about their tinted moisturizer and silk creme foundation but when i tried it in stores it felt so sticky to me. and i am anti-sticky foundation girl :S

i need to get my hands on the shiseido spf 30 powder! wrinkle prevention! lol!

such a pretty FOTD jen :) i love the sephora lip gloss on you too :) :)

and what a fun tag!! i will do it for sure :D i love tags mwahahaha :) i need to go to work today and try to find the RL Romance to sniff because it sounds divine :)

MissS.elle said...

I loveeeeee wearing pale pink polish too! Interesting tag :D

Leenda said...

I like this 8 most worn things tag. It's fun to find out what people use and wear the most. =D That bag looks like it's still in great condition! haha

Catherine said...

I LOVE that fotd!! The lavender shadow is so pretty but the whole face - I love it! :D

rene said...

I always wanted a Laura Mercier product especially their bases.

Interesting to know your 8 most worn stuffs! I'm using Essential too. I love your peep toes heels! So cuteeee!

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty! x

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i hate it when my eyeliner gets easily smudged because of my small eyes...i've been looking for shockproof and waterproof eyeliner..that can last the whole day. i'm lazy like that..i love all-day make-up.hehe

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥ 

augustalolita said...

the photos of you are very pretty!! and the bag your mom gave you is so amazing <3 and i am really interested in that one hair product you use-sounds awesome :)

♥Bunny♥ said...

Was blog hopping and happen to stumble onto yours! You're so gorgeous!
Am your new follower ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey there I've tagged you on my latest post. Hope you'll join in I'd love to know your choices.

Mica said...

i'm a huge fan of ralph lauren romance too! >.^

Anonymous said...

Lovely 8 most worn things. That perfume must smell really good, 6 years?! I like when companies have their classic stuff that they come out with. Darn those Limited Edition things, I hate when I fall in love with it and then run out ><
Thanks for tagging me! :)

kali said...

Hey! I'm following now! =) I didn't realize I wasn't following yet.

You look great in the pics! And I love the tag.

Nunu said...

Oy, kohl liners are evil, if I ever wear them, they instantly transfer onto my lower lashes and from there, straight onto my under eye area :(
Your skin is so clear!! I am jealous!!!

Unknown said...

I am a Mercier fan too, i use the same product it is amazing, leaves your face matte and matches the colour of my skin perfectly, and by the end of the day it was still matte! i love it.