Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring showers

I guess it's true that April showers exist. It rained over the weekend and was super cold :( Growing up in LA, average weather was pretty warm... at least in the high 70s, upper 80s. One year it was 80 degrees on my birthday... in November! Yeah, so... April showers! I'm not really used to them yet, but I like how we won't dehydrate our greens up here :)

Anyway, I woke up early this morning before work to put on some makeup! For me, I'm usually in a rush so makeup is always a moisturizer and a lipstick. I hate being so careless. So, I make it a goal that from now on, I should wake up with the  intention to look decent, even if it's using a tinted moisturizer or a blush. =P
Okay, so I wore my newly purchased Clinique Even Better foundation in 02 Fair.




Before blending.








After blending!






Total match right? After a looong while avoiding liquid foundations, I have really come to love this (and the Revlon Photo Finish one) and I'm shameless to admit that it truly does what it says - to even my skin. I love the creaminess of the product. Application was very easy. I just used my fingertips to blend it into my face because I don't feel a foundation brush does as good of a job as blending it yourself. I hate seeing streaks from the brush!



This is after a whole day! I wore the foundation & eyeshadow this morning @ around 8am. Took this picture around 11pm. Does a pretty decent job and has staying power. Surprised that the Forever 21 eyeshadows lasted this long as well. I didn't use primer on my lids this morning either.It's also kind of creepy how my face sucks in everything. In a way, I wish it would fade out after the whole day! =P

Overall, I loved the foundation and will purchase again! This time I can go to different retailers to buy it. It comes in a 1 oz squeeze tube and I assume it will last no more than a month if used everything, touch ups and everything. Oh, I also didn't use a setting powder either. But I usually do, just not today because I was so caught up with work.




I have these photos on flash. I like how subtle the foundation is and how very breathable it is as well. It feels more like a tinted moisturizer. On me, it provides sheer to medium coverage depending on how you build it. I just made little dabs to my forehead, nose area, chin, cheeks. Incredible staying power and extremely lightweight. The formula doesn't creep into lines either. I find that Revlon Photo Finish does not sometimes, but the shimmery light reflectors are flattering and enhance the brightness in your skin rather than the lines.

Please let me know if you like other foundations in the Clinique line. I would love to hear of your experiences so I can experiment with more. But for now, this seems to be my HG foundation! We'll see though. I don't want to break out tomorrow!

I was also thinking about cutting my hair and getting bangs. But I'm so torn between getting them or not because I'm skeptical about how they would look on me. It's really not for everyone and I'm not sure if it'll make me look yuck. I played with my hair here so I can create fake bangs using my eye glasses to hold up my hair that's folded in!


12 comments:

Unknown said...

you glasses are so cute!! and YES i like bangs on you, side bangs please!! :)

Leenda said...

You look so pretty! Very nice makeup looks. As for bangs...I'm not too sure. hahah It's funny how you created bangs with your hair. lol I think if you really wanted bangs you can do like the long side swept bangs. That way, if it doesn't turn out great then it won't be that short that you can't do anything with it.

s said...

Haha your face sucks in everything :P Love the glasses! Have you done a review on the revlon photo finish? I'm contemplating that for my next foundation..

MadsaboutU said...

I was just going to say I love your hair the way it is! maybe a longer side swept bangs would work out.

The make-up looks awesome on you, and I love the color of lipstick you are wearing :)

anonimous beauty said...

hi there!! i love the way bangs look, but for me they were WAY too annoying. they got in my eyes and my face.. just in the way of life! haha i dunno.. if it doesn't annoy u, i think u should definitely try it. i mean hair grows pretty fast, so u would only be stuck with it a few months. i say just do it!!

oOo i wanna try the foundation now.. do u have dry skin? i think thats one of my biggest problems. just wondering how it works for dry skin.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good product! I'll have to go try it at the counter one day!

And I think you'd look great with bangs! Don't worry and go for it!

Oh and it was cold down here in LA too...we had more than showers on Sunday and it was something like 60 degrees. At 8am it's usually about 65F

Angelique said...

I think side swept bangs would look good :]... Plus your hair will always grow back!!

Unknown said...

btw i tagged you in a "me in threes"!

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

that's one good foundation then!
because even with the flash, you look just natural!

the bangs gave you a whole new look!
you should try it out!

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

ChyiX2 said...

I have dry/combination skin and I find the superbalanced foundation from Clinique to be one of my HG foundations. I've been using it for...8-9 years now I believe. Theone you have looks really good one you. Blends in with your skintone perfectly.

Irene said...

Happy (mid) April :) We got some showers here in TX too!

I like how you are making an effort to do more than just moisturizer & lipstick - I find myself more happy & confident went I'm looking my best! I am just like you though in that I wear glasses to work ALL THE TIME - which is good, since your eyeballs can breath more ;)

That Revlon foundation is pretty impressive, I am curious! It stays looking fresh for so long and it is great that it doesn't settle into fine lines! (important for me)

You look great both ways! Bangs are really a huge hassle though - having to blow dry and style them and all that to have them look decent (at least with my hair type they are difficult) Also, in the Summer, the heat makes them difficult (i.e. sticking to forehead) -- maybe you should go for side bangs so you can have the best of both worlds? :D

ღ Caroline♔ said...

I think side swept bangs would look good on you! You should def. think about giving it a try. Plus, it's spring and almost summer, so perfect time for a little change :P You have such a radiant smile, Jen! I love it! You really brighten up a picture :)

Ugh, tell me about it! It's the end of April...almost May and I can't believe that it's STILL raining up here. I think it's really ridiculous, actually. Weather reports say that the rainy season in the Bay Area usually ends at the end of February, but this year is just not cool, weather-wise! I think global warming & pollution really jacked up our weather :( All the trees, plants, and flowers have already gotten enough water! We humans need to enjoy the sunshine and warm weather, too! ;_;

♥ caroline