Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's kinda late and all...

I am almost 2 days late for a St. Patty's day look but I kinda/sorta did one anyway. It wasn't a big deal or anything, but I think greens are pretty colors :) Here is what I have on today:

What I used:


Smashbox Hybrid 2 in 1 Primer - I adore this primer. It's just like the regular Photo Finish combined with a luminizer. The packaging was a little hard to operate since one side of it is the primer, the other side a luminizer. You have to sit it at the right angle to get even dollops of the product out. But the effect is nice. It goes on skin very smoothly and creates a clean canvas before any face makeup, plus you have a little glow from the luminizer.

Dior Sculpt 030 - Medium Beige - I rarely ever use this foundation because it's so rich and thick and has quite a heavy coverage compared to ALL of my liquid foundations. It's not as liquidy as my other ones either and is not runny. I didn't have to use any concealer because the coverage is so heavy. I bought this years ago... and I know it's bad to keep makeup for so long but it was a bit pricey and I hate wasting it =p I like the way it smells also :)

Physicians Formula Bronzer - I love this bronzer! You get a lot of product in just one sweep from the brush. A little goes a long way. If you accidentally put on too much, you would look like an orange =p But overall, I love it. I've been using this bronzer for years. Discovered by accident during one of my drug store mini hauls :)
Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner - I don't remember if I reviewed this one or not. I think I may have reviewed the eyeshadow palette. This eyeliner is phenomenal. I love it to pieces! You can line your eyes so effortlessly. The tip is flexible and the product goes on very precisely. I normally don't use liquid liners because they are messy and dry slow, but this one is great. You can wear it very minimally or hard edged since it's such a dramatic black. It even has a sheen that reflects light. Dries extremely quickly.

MAC Delights Eyeshadow Palette in Eye/Cool - I don't know if anyone even remembers this palette. It came out years ago... I'd say 4 yrs to be safe, maybe more! o_o I was 18 or 19 years old when I purchased it... i remember being a Freshman or Sophomore in college when I worked at the mall. I LOVE the packaging.. it's so pretty! It has this almost antique feel to it and became something collectible for me :) This is one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes. It has a frosty shimmer so it's easy to apply and blend. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but I feel it's great for those who aren't too precise with matte shadows (like myself!)



Revlon lipgloss in Pink Pursuit (120) - This was part of the limited edition breast cancer awareness gloss. It's such a pretty pink! It's shimmery, it's fun and very wearable. It doesn't have a strange, unnatural look or smell or anything. It's not really a long wear gloss, but it's still sophisticated  and feminine. I bought it for less than $5 so... =p The creamy texture is also very moisturizing and contains SPF 15 :)













I still have yet to try any BB creams. They are everywhere online! That and false eyelashes. Oh, I am using Loreal Voluminous Mascara (original). GOD, I love the mascara. I'll be reviewing that soon. I should also do swatches for the products I'm reviewing as well! Duh.

What are your favorite primers for face or eyes?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice :)
I think if you like luminizer you should try a brightening/luminizing bb cream. I saw some on ebay but not in stores so I haven't tried it. I thought about getting one and now I regret it. T-T

Unknown said...

Thanks for the rec! I'll def check that out. You can always find it on Ebay again, I'm sure :)

lisasuar said...

i dont prime my face, is that bad?? :(

i use the too face shadow insurance for my eyes

you have such voluminous hair!! im jealous!! :D

DiWiMakeup said...

Haha, I'm addicted to shoes. >_< I love the look, but I don't think I would be bold enough to wear it out.

I bought the pink pursuit nail polish when it came out earlier and it's a very nice shade. Too bad I don't have the gloss to go with it, not that anyone would notice.

"Together, we would be perfect." Hahaha :p

xo, Diana

Angelique said...

Pretty eye makeup!

I don't use primers on my face just because I'm so anal about making my face more oily, especially if I already have moisturizer on.

I use Urban Decay for the eye primer though.

I still have yet to try BB creams. I'll be getting one eventually but I have so many other stuff to pay for before splurging on that.

Unknown said...

Haha yes, but I want to test it first! Or read a review. Stuff sold on ebay = not always reliable.

And in response to your prompt I use Korrs make up primer for face and Urban Decay/Clinique (with color) for eyes.

Anonymous said...

such a niceee colour on your eyes! : ) loveee it!

Unknown said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments :) And the primer advice!

JESSU: I've had one bad experience on Ebay years ago but i think I might try it out again eventually. I am the type that likes to try out a product first, just to get the feel of it. I feel we are so technical! lol :p

Leenda said...

Nice colors and you look very pretty! It's a look I would be tempted to do since it's not craazzyy. lol =]