Monday, September 21, 2015

Vampy Lip Colors featuring MAC Media and Dark Side



With Fall being on the horizon, and the glorious bordeaux's and beautiful wine colors starting to pop up in stores, there's pertinent excitement to soon be had with wearing plums and burgundies and gorgeous deep sultry reds. I know I am beyond excited!




Looks like this year's Fall trends will focus on different variations of the red lip, including the plum black lip....*swoon*



Some of my favorites from past years are from Mac, although there are so much more. I'm embarrassed to say how many red lipsticks I've accumulated, in various shades o_o


MAC Media and Dark Side are surprisingly very similar shades.

Dark Side kept selling out wherever I went, and was out of stock ALL THE TIME so I got Mac Media but then Dark Side became available again...and yeah. So now I have both.

Nars Dolce Vita, Revlon bordeaux, MAC Rougette, YSL Rouge, Mac Dark Side and Media

The difference between MAC Media and Dark Side is really the formula. Media has more of a lustre finish while Dark Side is an amplified cream finish. You can definitely tell the difference when wearing it, but not in the swatches. I'll have to photograph it on my lips in another post. I have a few looks I'm going to be trying, so I'm excited for that! Stay tuned for that :)



Are you looking forward to bold lip looks this Fall? :)




No comments: