Friday, January 2, 2015

Back To Basics! Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack


It's that time of the year again where holiday cheer comes to an end and we finish the leftovers of wine and chocolate. Where Starbucks Red Cups make that once made appearances will now disappear into its hiding place for the next 11 months, where the leaves fall in preparation of the coming Spring.

Finding the right eyeliner for me is like finding a unicorn in a luscious green landscape. Most eyeliners either work for a few hours or fail horribly because my eyelids do not adhere to them. I always envy people who can use a pencil and draw in a line casually while looking spectacular and at ease. Or someone who has a kohl liner who messily draws an awesome looking line. I, on the other hand, have to spend a lot of time prepping and priming the lids just to make a fabulous eyeliner look mediocre. This is one of the reasons why I don't sport eyeliner on a daily basis despite my intense love for it. When I do have a few extra minutes in the morning, I use the one eyeliner that has never failed me - the Mac Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack.








MAC Fluidline is a gel liner that is both waterproof and long lasting. MAC has made it into one of their staples of the brand and is consistently on everyone's favorites list. I have tried other gel liners from several different brands but I've always come back to MAC's because there's something about their eyeliners that actually deliver. I could wear this for 7 hours straight without budge and it's the greatest thing after a day of work or play. There's nothing worse than looking like you were involved in a bar fight while touching up your makeup in the ladies room. 




My attempt at a winged look, flicking out the ends as much as my Asian eyes can bear! ;) 



What I like about a good eyeliner is that it can make your look go from nice to sharp. It compliments everything from a neutral day look to a dramatic nighttime look.What I like about Mac's fluid line is that it does not budge at all. However, when I remove it, it comes off like butter! I've tried other gel liners that claim to be waterproof but the product starts creasing, cracking and sliding all over the place. 




I'm still unsure why this gel liner in particular is the only one that works for me. I've tried many gel liners from various brands that lasts for minutes and gets smudgy in a short amount of time. 
Thank goodness for Fluidline!!!

What are your go-to eyeliners? :)




5 comments:

TracyBeautyReflections said...

So pretty! I go back to MAC also for a lot of basics-they just work! I've been trying to wear liner more myself, since I just don't bother with shadows all that much. It really makes a difference!
Happy New Year!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

LOL one thing in that first paragraph totally shows you're in Cali: leaves falling? That happened here a couple of months ago LOL Our trees are stark naked for the moment!


I'm like you! I am SO jealous of people who can smudge some pencil onto their eyes and just look wide-awake and fab. Unless I carefully work with a gel liner and a brush, fabulous usually doesn't happen LOL I haven't tried Blacktrack if you can believe it! I started with Maybelline and then moved on to Bobbi Brown Black Ink. A while ago I ran out of Black Ink so I went back to Maybelline, but their new Asia-limited formula smudged so bad on me that I grabbed another pot of Black Ink fast!

Jacqueline Ma said...

I'm like you but I can't wear gel liners either because they still smudge on me. I'm very envious that you can wear Blacktrack. :( I wish I could wear black eye liner pencils too.

Stephanie | theFantasia.com said...

I've tried dupes for the MAC gel liners (the Inglot one is one of my faves) but have yet to try Blacktrack! Though like you said, it is a colour that everyone raves about and makes a point of saying as being good!

Stephanie | theFantasia.com

Amyboo said...

I've only tried Smashbox's gel liners which have worked really really well and also are great at not budging at all, but this is definitely on my list next. I've noticed dishing out a little extra for gel liners has really helped get better results compared to the drugstore ones I've tried. :P