Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mini Skincare Reviews featuring La Roche Posay, Naruko, Kiehl's and More


Happy Saturday, loves! I hope you're all having a nice weekend. Over the summer, I've acquired a few skincare items that I thought I'd share with you.


The first one is the La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 40 Sunscreen. I purchased a couple of these to try as I've heard wonderful things about it. After using it for a couple weeks, I can't say that I love it but I don't hate it.


 To start, it is a supremely thick sunscreen. See the swatch below.


The sunscreen takes a long time to sink into the skin so you musn't be in a hurry! It also takes a rigorous amount of massaging to clear of the white cast. It remains on skin feeling moist, a bit sticky but otherwise okay. I would not suggest to use foundation on top unless you're powder type ones. You definitely need to set the sunscreen so it stays in place.

Not all is bad with it though. One of the good things about this sunscreen is that it truly protects the skin from sun exposure and damage. Mexoryl, a unique UV filter is exclusive to the La Roche Posay products is proven scientifically to guard against UVA rays. Another good thing about this sunscreen is that it's so incredibly thick that it actually acts like its own foundation against skin. It actually evened out my skintone, leaving very little imperfections I had to cover.

Verdicgt? Possible repurchase.




Next item is the Naruko Raw Job's Tear essence. I started using this a few weeks ago and I am okay with it so far. One of the highlights of this essence is that it's suppose to keep your skin hydrated before the use of serum. I didn't find this to be that hydrating. It just feels like water on my hand, and nothing too special. I much more prefer their serums better and night creams better.

Verdict? Not repurchasing.




The Biore UV Perfect Face Milk. Seriously my favorite sunscreen ever! I have gone through bottles and bottles of this. This inexpensive Japanese drugstore sunscreen is seriously the smoothest, most lightweight product ever! Every time I use it, i use it with ease and efficiency. It does not break me out, or cause any dryness or oiliness in any kind of weather. It stays put, and lasts a really long time. Texture is liquidy, smooth and soft. Probably full of 'cones but oh well. It's wonderful. I will always continue to repurchase this!



Kiehl's Smoothing, Nourishing Face Cream for Men. Now discontinued. I was visiting my parents this one weekend and realized I forgotten to bring night cream and LA is seriously dry and hot! I gifted this to my brother, who never actually opened it, so I took it and used it as a makeshift night cream and LOVED it. Despite its name, it's actually not just for men. It has so much shea butter and oils in it that we can all benefit from. My face felt softer the next day, so hydrated and healthy looking. I decided to take it back with me and now I use it over my facial oils to seal in that extra moisture. Really marvelous. Great cream! Too bad it's discontinued though. Will definitely look for something similar.




EO Lavender Body Oil. I seriously love body oils. Whether it's coconut oil, or this, I love it all. They're much more lighter despite the oil in its name, and they're more effective (i think). It seems to absorb more in my skin than butters and lotions. This highly soothing oil has lavender in it as its essential oil and it smells so divine after a hot shower. It just feels like heaven! Easily wearable, quick absorption and also very inexpensive for a huge bottle.

FOREVER repurchase.


Have you tried any of these products?

9 comments:

Cassandrapamela said...

Biore does great sun screens, right?? I love loooove their Aqua sun screen , very lightweight and doesn't leave any white residue..
the EO lavender oil sounds very nice! I love anything that smells like lavender ^^

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Biore actually makes pretty amazing sunscreens! I find them to be non-tacky, which is important for me. I haven't tried anything from Naruko, but I really should!

Anna said...

Oooh I love skincare products! I could collect them if they weren't so spendy. I may have to try that Keils this winter. And I LOVE body oils too! That lavender spray sounds heavenly!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Skincare is such an investment!!!! Even the smallest things tend to add up over time =P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yeah, I LOVE Biore! The American version of biore is so different though. Naruko is great!!! Surprised not that many people have heard of it =P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yep, I love Biore! ^_^ I am going to try Aqua! It seems very similar =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

hehe, yes! :) Thanks!!!

Whitney said...

I never looked into Biore sunscreens before, thanks for the review!

laura said...

that perfect face milk sounds lovely! I'm currently on my second Shiseido sunscreen which I love, but I might want to try Biore!