Sunday, February 23, 2014

Review: Bobby Brown BB Cream in Fair

The Bobbi Brown BB Cream's been on the market for quite some time now (2-ish years?). I've been accustomed to Asian BB creams for so long that I've resisted to try any American ones (for good reasons, you'll see).


The packaging for the Bobbi Brown BB cream, (BBBB...LOL) is very sleek and true to their definitive style. While this is merely a sample size, the full sized one looks the same. Asian bb creams tend to be cutesier with over the top too-cute graphics and femininity. I love both! But the Bobbi Brown one definitely looks more official in a makeup artist's bag ;)


\
Bare skin



I think this bb cream is marketed more like a tinted moisturizer, as it should be, because that's essentially what it is. It has a very "sunscreen-y" feel, as in you know you're wearing something on your face. Despite its lightness, I could still feel the residue of the product lingering. The cream wasn't thick and it definitely was not on the runny side. It has a very creamy feel to it and blends very easily. Once the bb cream set, it dried to a matte finish and the residue feeling went away. 

The coverage is very light. It evens out the skin, but barely. Once I applied it on my face, I still needed concealer to cover up under eye circles and some redness. On a good skin day however, this would be just the right amount of coverage. The shade Fair leans far too yellow for me but since the cream is really light, i didn't find it too big of a difference. 





Bobbi Brown foundations are among some of my favorites ever. So how did this hold up? I like it! Not crazy about it or anything but I'm liking it more than I thought I would. It has a nice finish and remains non-oily and non-irritating throughout the course of wear. Consistency is nice. Coverage is clean. Asian bb creams tend to be more dewier and shades are more on the grey side with a focus on whitening/brightening skin tone. Bobbi Browns is less frills, more substance. Don't get me wrong, I love Asian bb creams, but you can't buy into all their claims right? :)


Here's a photo of me with the bb cream on and Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm (find it here). Btw, I just got a haircut as well! My hairdresser also flat ironed my hair which is why it looks so straight ;p 






17 comments:

Larie said...

Looking good! I like your hair :D I've been looking for something lighter in coverage and feel lately, but I don't know - there's too much on the market and I just don't feel like doing the research, lol!

Cassandrapamela said...

Your skin looks radiant and flawless with this BB Cream! I am not a fan of Bobbi Brown in general, also not a fan of Bobbi Brown as person ( only based on interviews, her books etc. lol I could be very judgmental ), so I haven't tried any Bobbi Brown product as far as I can remember.. and they are a bit overpriced here in Europe.
glad that you like this one :-) and love your new hair style!

TracyBeautyReflections said...

It looks great on you! I've always wanted to try this one as it's supposed to be one of the better ones. Looks like it has decent coverage! I have the MAC one though, and REALLY like that one.

Pang said...

The coverage looks a bit too light for me. Looks nice and natural on you though. That's a nice hair cut. I need to chop some split ends too.

Sharlynn said...

Seems very interesting. I don't own any foundations from Bobbi brown but would love to, I've seen how yellow their foundations are and I do need a more pale yellow shade. I think you don't really need to coverage, it looks perfect on you!

Sandy Chau said...

The bb cream looks really good on you and i really like your hair!


mizzsandychau.blogspot.com

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Tracy!!! =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw, thank you sweetie!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I feel ya! I often don't like to research things I need. I mostly research things I have no use for and then buying it :p

Mandy T said...

love your new hair! very cute and suits you so well!
I've never tried BB creams that aren't asian, but then again I only use Missha now since they have an actual range of shades unlike the other brands. I agree that most asian BB creams tend to make you look grey since it's light in colour and it's all about whitening the skin.

Amyboo said...

I love the layers of your new hairstyle! So cute. :)
I didn't even know Bobbi Brown had a BB cream out. I would probably get this if the SPF was just a tad higher! Sounds very nice for everyday.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Amy! Yeah it's nice for daily use =D

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you dear!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Sandy!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw, thanks!!!

Honey Kim said...

looks good! I loved benefit's You Rebel but they discontinued :(

Jacqueline Ma said...

Jen, this bb cream looks great on you! I stopped buying bb creams because finding the right shade match is a hassle for me. It is always too light for me.