Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tarte Amazonian Blushes (FINALLY)

I am a late bloomer when it comes to the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes. Why? I have no excuse, aside from owning a ton of other cheek products. No matter, because I am discovering them now. Better late than never ;)


I've actually had these for awhile now, since around the holidays when I purchased some fun gift sets (here) from Sephora. These are the mini's, hence the absence of a mirror. 

Adventurous, Splendor (both of which are limited edition)


The packaging is so adorable! I love how each compact is aptly colored to match the shade it holds inside. 


Adventurous is a shimmery peach with a gorgeous golden sheen. I absolutely LOVE this shade! 


Splendor is a very bright shimmery coral with a rose gold sheen. It's very similar to Nars Orgasm because of the high shimmer. So pretty! 




The formulation of these blushes are amazing. Amazonian Clay is the key ingredient they use that Tarte claims to adhere better to skin, absorbing excess oil and hydrating drier skin because of the compounds in the clay. It's also supposed to be long wearing, up to 12 hours.

I felt these blushes are nicely pigmented, with a beautiful range of shades for everyone. These two particular colors I have are holiday editions but they're not holiday-like at all. They're perfect for evening wear, especially with the shimmers. Adventurous is like a pinched rose, absolutely sexy universally flattering.

The texture of the blush is smooth, not too powdery or loose. It's holds itself nicely in the compact even with tons of usage. I can't comment on any of the skin benefits but I haven't had issues with dryness around the cheeks or anything. 

I would love to get more of these blushes, especially Dazzled and Doll Face. They are really long wearing and I've had no problems with it being smudgy. 

Have you tried Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes? What are your favorite shades? 





36 comments:

Huong Lan Lee said...

This is the first time I've heard of the brand. Such cute blushes :P I love how they're glittery. :)

http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

Beauty&theScientist said...

I don't have any Tarte blushes, it's taking me a long time to decide if I really want one. But these look very pretty :)

Christine said...

i love those shades!! i really like that there's tiny shimmers in it, makes them look radiant on the skin :)

I hope you're having a beautiful day ~ XO
NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
Let's connect at GFC and BLOGLOVIN'

Shopping Obsession said...

Adventurous looks like a very pretty color. I have Dolly, Exposed and Spendor. I just love how long these blushes last on me.

Check out my international giveaway

Cassandrapamela said...

oh I am jealous!! I have been wanting tarte blushes soooo much T,T a friend of mine will visit the US in sept, I'll ask her to bring me tarte blushes! Splendour looks very pretty!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Hey Jen, both shades look really lovely! I have Exposed, Blissful, and Peaceful. They oxidize on me when it's really hot and humid (I'm talking about the Taipei kind of hot and humid), but otherwise they are pretty good blushes indeed!

Stephanie @ Fantasia Beauty said...

Ohh! These must be new shades; I quite enjoy Tarte blushes and I highly recommend Peaceful or Blissful if you're looking to grow your collection!

Tarte comes out with sets during the holidays - best way to grow and try as many shades as possible :)

Wanischa said...

I have never tried these blushes before because we can't get them in the UK. They look so pretty though.


www.kahfehyen.com


xx

Anna said...

I love these blushes, I have exposed and it's my favorite go-to/every day blush ^__^ I'm hoping to pick up blissful soon as well.

TracyBeautyReflections said...

I agree Jen! I have Adventurous and love it! I keep looking at Blushing Bride and thinking about getting that one.

Victoria said...

You guys are so lucky to be able to buy Tarte blushes. I have heard so much about them and can only hope they will bring it to Malaysia one day :-)

jamillacamel said...

I keep seeing these at Sephora - must give them a try!

Sharlynn said...

Omg! I wish for the day I get my hands on tarte blushes! They look sooo lovely, I'd love to have splendor!

Popblush said...

Splendor is soooo pretty!! I need to try some Tarte blushes!

Kathy said...

I really like Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. I, too, first experienced them when I bought them as a set. I tend to like buying products in sets to test new products out.

Shayne♥ said...

this is next on my list :) but in glisten or amused, i love splendid too :D

Lisa Yao said...

Ohhh I love the design of the compact haha and both of them are such a pretty colour, I am due for new blush!

Elle said...

I use the Tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder and I think it has improved the texture of my face a lot even after I wash it off! It gives a great poreless finish too...defintely keen on trying more from Tarte ^^

LittoMokaa said...

You're going to laugh, but I haven't tried these yet! I just don't know which shade I want :P These two looks amazing!

Kim A. said...

I haven't tried tarte anything. hahaha i keep seeing these in the blogosphere and they look really good. i love the color and shimmer. excellent review!

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I love the shimmer in it too! heh

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I felt like everyone tried these and I'm the last one but I noticed that a lot of ppl haven't gotten around to it. =P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yes, I heard a lot of about the finishing powder. Sounds great!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yes it's pretty! ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Same here, I want to try Amused!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I tend to buy sets as well :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I hope you get to try 'em!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

You will! I"m sure u will! haha

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

:) I hope you get to try them!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Blushing Bride is super gorgeous! I want that one too.

Jacqueline Ma said...

I love the look of Splendor a lot, so pretty. I have yet to try a Tart blush. I'm worried once I buy one I'll start hoarding them.

나니 said...

Splendor looks BEAUTiFUL! : D

Maggie said...

I haven't tried these yet, but I keep hearing about the one in Exposed. Have you swatched that one yet? Adventurous is super pretty! :)

amynaree said...

i am super late on the train...actually i'm not even on the train yet because i don't own any yet but i want to try these as well

Elle said...

Yesssss!!! I couldn't resist! The cost was atrocious...but I just got it today and the quality is fantastic! It's basically a blanket! And the pom-poms bring me way more joy than it should....my mom hates it though. I dunno...I didn't use a discount code (harhar) so maybe~

Jenni @ lifeandlensofbeauty said...

Splendor is a nice pink with golden flecks! it reminds me of NARS O!