Thursday, May 2, 2013

Weekday Inspiration: Picker Upper

Hello everyone! 


I decided to add a bit more to my blog by incorporating a new series of posts to inspire us throughout the work week. It's mostly for personal chatter, bloggy stuff and getting to know you guys.


Good MORNING! And how are you guys doing this week?
My week has been going fairly smooth albiet busy. My new job is about 35 mins away from home so I do spend a lot of time commuting by car. Today however, I took the train and had a lot of time to read and relax. It was a nice change of scenery and an option I'd definitely consider more in the future.

I thought this diagram would be especially helpful for us all. I always get frustrated when I'm ordering costume jewelry online the lengths of my pieces. I could measure it on my own but this diagram helps eliminate that! heh.


Just a really beautiful moon stone ring I'd love to own someday. It's dainty and elegant - perfect for any woman. I am in love with Lisa Eldrige's' rings. If you don't know who she is, I recommend watching any of her makeup videos because she's always got her rings on.


I've always wanted a discreet little tattoo like this on the back of my neck. I consider myself to be a hopeless romantic and this is subtle, yet very sure. Something to think about.


This quote. The awesome thing about humans is that we can be born and reborn again and again through transformation, experiences, both literally and figuratively. Sometimes it takes awhile for us to see things clearly and sometimes it's right in front of us. But I think there is some truth that things are worse before they get better. Often times, it's our spirit that changes the course how how badly we want something.
I find this to be very personal, yet endearing all the same. 

And of course, who doesn't want a French Hen sweater? It is absolutely whimsy and cute! I really love the cut of this sweater. Where can I buy this!!? o_o


I do hope you are all having a fabulous week so far. It's May already and the sun is shining, the weather is warm and summer's just around the corner!

See you all in the comments :)






21 comments:

BeautyReflections said...

LOVE this post! That ring is gorgeous. And that sweater-OH YEAH who DOESN'T want a french hen on a sweater? The beret-OMG the beret!

Scatterbraintures said...

Super tiny tattoos are on trend now. I think I want to get one too. Something like a tiny star or musical note.

Pang said...

The necklace diagram was so helpful! I need to pin that one. The ring is gorgeous, I love the color of the stone. Tattoos freak me out though..the pain, the needle, and having something stuck on my skin forever, I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. The quote is beautiful, I can personally relate as well. Most of my life has been an uphill battle.

Larie said...

That sweater is super cute! What a fun post :) I need to improve my wardrobe soon - it could use a giant update. Need some statement jewelry pieces, too!

Sheila said...

Awww love the birdie sweater! So cute. :)

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

LittoMokaa said...

The tiny tattoo is so cute!

Cynthia said...

Thanks for sharing your inspirations. I'm not a driver myself and even I have a driver license I rarely drive. Subway is my best friend commute. I always wanted a tattoo - a peony flower would be nice near my lower back. That birdie sweater looks so adorable I think J. Crew was offering these during Winter time. I saw these super adorable sweater and I wanted a Cat one but for $89 bucks was an ouch factor on my wallet.

Elle said...

heart toasssssssssstt!

Mishi said...

I'm really loving your inspiration posts! We all need something to get us through the workweek ^_^ The necklace chart is so helpful...i always have trouble determining the length..sigh. LOL

When you get a chance...please check out my sunglasses giveaway! Thx! ^_^

http://www.mishialamode.com/2013/05/firmoo-x-mishialamode-sunnies-giveaway.html

Xin said...

Lovely pics... I really like your style to write. Thanks for the #ff on twitter... but I acctually don't know what it means Q_Q'

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I will check it out Mishi! ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I KNOW!!!! LOL

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Wow, 89 is too much for me to spend on a sweater! At least I know where it's from now =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yeah it is =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I know! ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Ah me too! haha We never have enough!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

It's def a battle...having something permanent vs not at all :p

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

That would look nice. I've seen really awesome musical notes on ppl's bodies before :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I know! The baret! It's all about the baret! hah

Janet said...

glad to hear that you are doing good on your new job ^_~ I just recently shifted to a new company and I hope I 'll be doing smoothly too =)

WY said...

That ring is amazing, I loooove Lisa Eldridge's rings as well. Swoon. x


ravesndramblings.blogspot.com