Sunday, December 23, 2012

FOTD: Dark Red Lips

Hello readers!

I'm going to be doing a few looks for the holidays in the coming days and I'll be posting it as I go along. With Christmas around the corner and New Year's coming up, there are lots and lots of fun looks to create and makeup to be used. This year in particular, I've been smitten with dark red lips. On regular occasions, I don't dabble into dramatic lips because of my profession but I do love the intensity it creates with merely one lipstick.

So here's the look I did using Revlon's Black Cherry Lipstick. It is supposed to be dupe of Mac's Dark Side (which I picked up today! * squeal*).




Since the lipstick is on the drier side, I paired it with Revlon's Bordeaux to make it look glossier. 
Black Cherry is a deep red with purple undertones - vampy and gorgeous. Bordeaux is like its name, deep cherry tones.



It's an eye catching color, isn't it? I certainly feel more mature wearing it, if that makes any sense. 

Just with the lipstick on

Topped off with lip gloss


I love it! There's no other way to describe how much I love this combination. This combo lasted me all day today, for nearly 6 hours before I took it off. By then it was mostly a stain but it was still there by the time I came home. Really happy that it's low maintenance and easy. I wouldn't have it any other way =D

And here's the rest of the makeup I used to create the look. 


My little arsenal for today -



Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in #52 - I'll have to do a comparison of the regular Healthy Mix and the Healthy Mix Serum one of these days. I absolutely love this foundation! It truly lives up to its hype. One of the best foundations I've ever used, hands down.

Milani HD Concealer in Light - I love this concealer! It has qualities like a brightening pen would and it's incredibly light-weight.


Of course, the dark lip duo! In general, I love Revlon lipsticks and lip glosses. Their whole range of lip products are inexpensive and versatile. You can find a lipstick for any occasion and it's always going to be budget friendly. I think one of the best lip glosses Revlon has made is this range here (Colorburst) and I've tried many of the shades, all too impressive. They're kind of my tried and true and something I'll always go back to. 

So that was my dark lip look for today. I'm hoping to get more holiday looks on the blog before Christmas so stay tuned! =) Thank you all for always stopping by to leave a comment and especially those who consistently leave me comments :) It's nice knowing there's people who actually read this thing! 

What do you guys think of bold lip colors? YAY or NAY? :)  
















26 comments:

Sharlynn said...

love the combination on the lips, I completely get what you mean by 'more mature' with the dark lip! It seems that those glosses by revlon are amazing, I'd like a few, definitely YAY from me for this look! Very polished and elegant, great post! I can't wait to do my special look post!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks! They are great :D I can't wait to see your post!

Anna said...

I like the lip combo!  Very glamorous and vampy!  I agree also, the dark lips does make for a more mature makeup look.  Lovely makeup look!  I might need to run out and grab this lip combo myself!  It just looks so wearable!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Whoaa Jen, you should wear bolder lippies more often! This looks SO good on you! Not at all too dark either :)

LauraSummer said...

Love this look! I've been wearing dark lips a lot recently and this colour looks gorgeous on you x

Scatterbraintures said...

I like it. I've recently started to like strong-colored lips and do lazy-girl makeup.

Girlie Blogger said...

I love it too. You look bitten, but in just the right amount. Lovely background by the way. 

Cassandrapamela said...

you look great!!! I love dark lips look combined with natural eye make up ;))
merry christmas!!

Gellie Abogado said...

Very sophisticated look on the lips. A yay! :)

~gelleesh.com

Jacqueline said...

I love your look, very sexy and mysterious.

Mandy T said...

love the dark reds.  it suits my skintone better than a bright red lip :)

galpal.hi said...

Love the total look! The lipstick combo is gorgeous. The fact that it lasted for that long is an absolute plus. I haven't seen that Milani concealer before. Must keep an eye out for it as it's definitely something I'm interested in trying.

Looking forward to your other holiday looks.

*Kat*

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw, thanks! :) Same here with the bright red lips :D

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks! 

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

me too! haha Merry Christmas!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Lazy girl makeup is the thing to do! ^__^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Hi Sunny! Thanks!!!!! :) You have instilled newfound confidence in me :D

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Anna! And yeah its really wearable!! This combo would be great on you!

Larie said...

Love the vampy lips! Deep reds and berries get me every time :)

Anonymous said...

You look GORGEOUS in that shade! It's perfection on you!
Happy Christmas!

Unknown said...

Love the red lips on you! I still don't have the guts to pull off the red lip to this day! I love the red lips for the holidays though but unfortunately the red only makes it to my nails lol

Sheila said...

Great look! Love the red lips. :)

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

Elle said...

The berry lipstick is a gorgeous color!  So holiday-ish :)

Pang said...

This lipstick shade looks great with your skintone. I love bold colors.

ivylively said...

Hello love, I adore this look and could you please tell me where you got the bourjois foundation? I live in the US (and I'm assuming you do too,) I DESPERATELY want to try it out but can't find a site that ships to the US!!! Email me at ivy_lively@yahoo.com if you could please, thank you!

Joyce said...

You look great! Love the whole look! :)