Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A simple FOTD with Dali Chocolate Brown lenses

I'll go into a more in-depth review about circle lenses in another post but so far the experiences have been okay. I've been an avid contact lens wearer for nearly 8 or so years and I also wear glasses (duh) as well. I have very slight astigmatism so I don't really need specialty lenses (toric) as of now. I normally wear Bioinfinity soft lenses and I like them very much - nothing compares, truly.

And to add variety and interest to my arsenal, I ordered some natural looking circle lens to try out. I ordered the Dali Chocolate Brown lenses to try first since they were natural looking and the only 'color' aspect of it is is around limbal ring - clear inside.



Without Lenses

With the Dali  Sweet Chocolate Lenses

My experience so far with circle lenses is that they are quite comfortable to wear, but not for extended amounts of time. I don't have sensitive eyes or anything like that but I felt that my eyes were drier after 4 hours of wear time. They kind of feel tight and stick really hard to your iris o_o Other than not wearing it long, these circle lenses were comfortable to wear, and i couldn't "feel" it when i was going about my day.

Look-wise, I love the rounded shape. It's very feminine and girly to say the least! I do like the warm mysterious dark brown color a lot though! The enlargement is 14.2mm, whereas my normal daily contacts are 14.0mm, but it looks like a world of a difference though. In reality, it is not noticeable at all.




Overall, I do like these lenses and I would likely try more varieties. Possibly more dramatic ones? I've never really experimented with colored contacts before but now it seems I've learnt so much from bloggers and reviewers that I am curious to try different ones, in varying degrees of drama. And while circle lenses won't likely replace my regular contacts, they are certainly fun to wear and create looks with. 

And my readers, have you or do you wear circle lenses regularly for certain looks/for fun?


Disclaimer: Circle lenses were purchased by yours truly! :)

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so pretty! And boy, they really do make your eyes look bigger! I'd love to try them, but my eyes get so dry with contacts in them. Makes me sad.

Janet said...

they look so pretty on you and it looks quite natural too! ^_~
I love wearing circle lenses but only if I have special occasion to attend. I once tried wearing it at the office, but my eyes gets blurred after 5-6hours. My work require me to stare at the computer all the time so I guess my eyes got tired thus results to blurry vision. So I only wear circle lenses for special events =)

Unknown said...

Hi Jen, I love wearing circle lenses for fun and on occasion only. I really want to try the ones you mentioned because they define your eyes but it doesn't shout 'I'm wearing contacts!' which is nice for everyday and probably more suitable for work.

trishie said...

I like these on you because they look very natural but more intense than your natural eye colours.

Jen said...

You look super cute :D they make your eyes look so much rounder and uzzlang styled~ ^^ I've gone back to using clear lenses - my eyes feel so much more refreshed! I do miss colour lenses tho T.T circle lenses are really good for nights out imo

Hollie said...

they look great on you. I love that it's natural looking and makes you eyes stand out.

Sharlynn said...

Haven't used many circle lenses before but I am looking to ordering some colored ones in the near future, I want green, hazel and grey! It's not me to get the ones with funny patterns. Being a lens wearer for many years, personally I've yet to face any problems. I'm surprised they are darker than your actual color but it does give a very warm look thats lovely! :)

Unknown said...

Love these, looks lovely. :)

Julie
sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

Aya said...

They do make your eyes look larger! Cool :) I have not-so-perfect vision but I don't like to wear my glasses all the time. Haha I only wear them when I need to read something from afar. (Bad me). I still haven't tried wearing lenses of any kind.

welldressedmaker said...

actually, i think the difference is very noticeable! I love them a lot on you! I did hear that circle lenses do dry your eyes out a lot quicker, but they look so fabulous, that i wouldn't mind. :)
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Nunu said...

I like the lenses! They're very subtle but they add a little something something.
I dallied a bit in circle lenses a few years back but my eyes are just far too dry to wear them comfortably :(

Amy said...

These are so natural and pretty! Loving them. :D
I wear lenses once in awhile and just for fun. Most of mine are really dramatic with large sizes, crazy patterns, and colors hahaha. I sometimes think I need to have one natural pair and one crazy pair to really strike a happy balance. :)

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous! I love how your eyes look bigger and more sultry.

E Lim said...

I love your lenses. It looks so natural. I used to wear colored lenses but I decided to wear natural ones. Simplicity is beauty indeed.

littlemissandrea said...

I love the depth that the colour brings to your eyes! I've never been able to try out circle lenses cause my eyesight is so bad! But I definitely would if the chance came along :P

Bravoe Runway said...

These def look natural in you! I have seen some reveiws where it just looked odd!

Lisa said...

oh wow these are so pretty!! they really open up your eyes!! i've never tried circle lenses before but i want to but.. ok don't laugh i'm scared to stick things in my eyes HAHAH but they look so pretty on you!!! argh! MUST OVERCOME MY FEAR HAHA!!

galpal.hi said...

I love how people look when they wear circle lenses. I wish that I could but I couldn't get the darned things in my eyes. My eyes are just too small for them to fit in.

These look really pretty on you!

*Kat*

petrina said...

They look good on you! I can't wear circle lenses coz they irritate my eyes :(

Anonymous said...

I remember trying these quite some time ago.. really liked the naturalness of the lenses. They look really natural and pretty on you too!

sleepandwater said...

I have never tried coloured lenses but these look so pretty on you - very natural and they give slight but noticeable enlargement. Love the eye makeup that you did here as well, it really defines the eyes and adds some sexy smokiness ;)

Jenni said...

brown lenses are very natural but the effect is dramatically different too! I've never tried color lenses though :) thanks for sharing with us!

Jessica said...

Those lenses are very pretty. They look very natural. I love the deep shade.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

P.S. I'm having a Giveaway on my blog for Swarovski Crystal stud earrings.

Beauty Box said...

Dali Chocolate sounds delicious!! LOL! These lenses look very natural. I never heard of Bioinfinity lenses...always stick to Johnson & Johnson's Acuvue or Oasys range.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

You should review the Oasys Range from Acuvue. I'm curious about trying them out ;P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you =D

herroyalbleakness said...

These look natural on you on photos!

I've worn semi-dramatic ones (meaning: unnatural-looking but in a subtle way) for blogging purposes only --- to have fun. But I do not dare walk with these on as I get too conscious around people giving me the you-look-weird stare :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks! I wear them only for blogging too ^___^ 

Raimar Guevara said...

Wow your looks rally natural cute sweetie! thanks for your comment in my blog i´m your new follower i hope you follow me back!

Sakuranko BlogMy Facebook Fan Page

April Hollie said...

this one makes me want to try wearing contact lenses... it looks natural but it accentuated your eyes in a good way. ^_^

Mimi said...

Wow! They actually look pretty natural and pretty! I will have to check this lenses out! Thanks for the review!