Monday, September 10, 2012

All About Them Lashes: Rapid Lash and Wet N Wild Lash Serum.

Today's post is going to be all about lashes. I have two products to share with you gals today and I think both have significantly worked wonders for me. First, I want to start off by saying that my lashes are quite sparse and short and atypical of most Asians. I didn't really jump onto the lash boosting bandwagon until Groupon (My referral link here) had a deal for Rapid Lash at half off. After some research, I decided that $25 wouldn't be much of a loss if it didn't work out. I

Rapid Lash is a lash treatment that's supposed to enhance and boost your lashes to make it look fuller, longer and healthier. In a lot of instances, your lashes will actually grow. The key ingredient in it are the bioengineered peptides that are essentially the amino acids (proteins) that nourish the lashes. There is also hyaluaric acid, biotin and other goodies in it that promotes lash growth.

Rapid Lash

They claim that it takes about 4 weeks or so to see results. I saw results in 2 or so weeks... I've never done anything to my lashes aside from wearing or not wearing mascara s but it was really effective for me. Once you stop using Rapid Lash, the results last for about 2 months, according to their claims.

The application was really easy. It  looks like your simple eyeliner but the serum is clear and does not dry or cake on top of the lash roots. I didn't experience any stinging or tingling but they do warn on their site that some people have reported a tingling sensation. You just swipe it over your lashes at night only and only  one application per night is needed. No more than that. One tube lasts 2-3 months. I only applied on the top lashes. There were days I forgot so I applied it on the following night before bed.

Here are some before and after photos.





Before


After


It made a significant difference in my daily routine too. I started to like all my mascaras because they all were good compared to how it was before. I was able to grab any of them and it made a big difference in how I looked and how I felt about my eyes. 

I have finished using Rapid Lash now and I haven't repurchased yet. Right now regular price is $49.99 and I'm not sure I want to spend that much on it =p I've been using an alternative lash boosting serum like the Wet n' Wild one. It's got really mixed reviews online but I saw it on sale for $2.99 so I decided again, what the heck! It's worth trying. So far I'm really liking it... a lot! It's conditioned my lashes like the Rapid Lash one and the applicator is so much nicer to use. It's like a nice eyeliner brush that's a little dense so it glides smoothly to the groove of my eyes.

The serum reminds me a lot of the Rapid Lash one except the formula is a little thicker. I haven't experienced any stinging but there are a lot of reviewers that have experienced sensitivity. I've been super careful not to get it in my eyes. I'm not sure if it's doing anything to help my lashes grow but it's certainly conditioned them far better before I started using anything. I'd like to think it's helping maintain what Rapid Lash had done for me but I'm not 100% sure. My lashes still look really long compared to before and I've not used Rapid Lash for more than 2 months now. 

Here is how my lashes look today!

Without Mascara


With mascara and eye makeup - did not curl lashes







What do you gals think? Significant difference right? I am really impressed with both products, especially the Rapid Lash one! I didn't expect it to work for me but it surprisingly did! It's pretty amazing how much volume my lashes have shown and how much more defined my eyes look just with a swipe of mascara. And the Wet n' Wild lash serum has helped condition my lashes and make them stronger with less fallout.

After I finish using the Wet n' Wild serum, I'll probably look into the Physician's Formula one when it goes on sale. It seems to have mixed reviews but I wouldn't mind  taking the chance ;) 

What are your thoughts on lash boosting serums? Have you tried it yourself? I'd love to hear your thoughts!





22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Great result for sure!!I I've tried one we have up here in drugstores that's 24.99 and it works really well too, but I don't really need much help in the lash department. :) You look great!

Unknown said...

i haven't tried using lash serums. sounds interesting. thank you for sharing :D
❤ misskatv.com

Sunny said...

Ahhh Jen you do see a difference and now I'm very tempted to get some! My lashes really could use some extra help :)

Maggie said...

Wow your lashes looks great! I do see a big difference :D

Jen said...

amazing results!! :O i think it's about $75-100 here for the rapid lash last time i saw it at the clearance sale XD glad you've found something that works and an alternative!! ^^

Swtest2Lips said...

Nice review. I had mild success with rapid lash in the past also but decided to bite the bullet and try Latisse. Within 2 months, my lashes looked like falsies! I'm on my third month now and can't be happier. Mayb you can give it a try one day. I picked it up for half off at my dermatologists office.

blogatka said...

Great mascara. Similar cosmetics will also find on the website Yves Rocher

amynaree said...

i need these in my life! i have tiny lashes as well, i'll def have to pick up the wet n wild to try since it's wallet friendly :)

kumiko mae said...

wow i think thats a wonderful product! have you tried Talika? it's a rather more expensive lash serum too but it is SO effective!

Popcorn said...

woww your lashes are super long now. They look fabulous with mascara!

Bravoe Runway said...

I think both products worked really well on you! My problem is that my lashes are shorter, so I have to find a lengthening mascara. My favorite drugstore brand is illegal lengths from maybelline, and hypnose drama from lancome if i feel like spending.

Unknown said...

Hi Jen! I haven't tried these particular serums yet but I have tried the Loreal one. I did notice my lashes started to look fuller or thicker but not longer ... This post also reminds me that I also have a full size serum from Sephora I still haven't cracked open. One thing I do struggle with is remember to use it daily! With the Loreal one it was definitely a challenge.

Mei said...

wowww your lashes look REALLY nice!! I've been wanting to try rapidlash but it is indeed quite pricey :/ I don't know if it would make a difference but on overstock.com and amazon they sell it for about 30$.

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Wow. I am totally impressed by the results. The Rapid Lash looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

I can definitely see differences with both products! I have an unopened box of lash serum from etude house, can't wait to try it out!

Amy said...

Oooo glad to hear these products worked out for you! I've never tried lash serums before, but maybe it's time to give it a spin on my lower lashes...

Karola said...

Wow! This is great! :)
I tried LiLash and I love it!!!!! My lashes grew up to my eyebrows! Honestly, when I open my eyes wide, I can feel them up there lol ;) It's really cool - ppl ask me if they're falsies! ;)
Great post!
Karola
www.karolasway.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oh that looks great! I always wanted to try a serum like this but i just don't think i would be good about using it regularly :/ I'm glad it worked for you though!

SWK said...

I actually have RapidLash as well and saw some results. Although I wish it made my eyelashes thicker, it did lengthen them a little. I've been using mine for 3 months now, and I've noticed that when used with mascara it does make a difference.

Unknown said...

I've been so skeptical of using these products because I am not sure if they'll work or if there are side effects. But your review has assured me a bit and I think I am more open to trying it now. Are the results permanent? If it gets in your eye... will it irritate it?

If I see it on Groupons next time maybe i'll give it a try ^_^

Anna and Klaudia said...

beautiful make up :) I'm following you now :)

http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

miloberryblog said...

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I came to check out your blog! :) I'm gonna have to try rapid lash and the wet n wild one! I tried revitalash awhile back and saw results as well. But it went right back to normal as soon as I stopped using. :(