Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review: Paul & Joe Protective Fluid Foundation

I have been wanting to review these all summer! - the Paul & Joe Protective Fluid Foundation(s).

Shades 03, 30
These babies were on my WANT! list for the longest longest time but never got around to getting them because they're quite pricey and hard to get here. But I finally bought it on a whim. Was it worth the hype?


This shade is a light medium that's slightly creamy but still sheer. I still think it's on the drier side even with it being moisturizing. The scent is very pleasant and smells very feminine with a touch of softness. The texture itself is lightweight and incredibly flawless. It felt like I had nothing on my skin!

30 is virtually a tinted moisturizer. It's really runny and very sheer. I like the nozzle a lot and am very partial to the shaker bottle method ^____^  Between the two, I really like this a lot more because it's runnier and better for my dry skin. 


Why the drastic difference between the bottles?


03 (left) is in a frosted glass bottle. It's gorgeous to look at and stands prettily next to any vanity. 
30 (right) is in one of those shaker bottles with a tipped nozzle that is nice for traveling



Overall, while I like these foundations enough, they were not worth the hype for me. The bottles certainly are dainty and elegant to look at but the foundation itself was messy and I didn't like putting so much effort (lazy me, i know!) to get the right amount out and then having to clean the rim of the bottle. The coverage for both of these were also not the best I've tried - too dry, and too sheer. I'd say it'd be a perfect companion for gals that have a nice complexion and needing only to even out their skin tone. 


22 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Aw... too babe you don't like them. Your skin looks flawless though. It is hard to find a HG foundation.

Unknown said...

looks good on your skin! and they have cute packagings!

Unknown said...

Jacqueline: yes, it is hard to find an HG foundation but since I'm a bit of a hoarder its not so bad :p

Yoannital: Thanks!

Emy Augustus said...

aw the bottles look like nail polish bottles. I wish more beauty products would come in old fashioned looking, decorative bottles. I went through a phase where I hated labels and wanted everything to be plain - no text. =P

Maggie said...

Regardless, your skin looks so beautifully glowy and perfect as usual!

Amy said...

P&J's packaging is always so gorgeous...Too bad these are sheer though. :/ I prefer medium and heavy coverage!

Aya said...

They have the cutest packaging ever!:D

Blush said...

Your skin looks great though! The packaging is adorable, I'd be tempted to buy them just on that haha!

The Procrastinator said...

I do love Paul and Joe packaging -- it has kind of an Asian cosmetic element, but with wayyy less kitsch haha!

Unknown said...

I agree with the above commenter that your skin looks really nice in this photo! It's too bad the coverage wasn't to your liking, but it sounds like these would be a good summer foundation since they're lightweight.

Dovey said...

Sounds wonderful, and the bottles they come in look darling too!

Saving Capulet said...

awh too bad you're not in to the products but your photo looks fantastic, you have a great smile and your skin is flawless!

Unknown said...

you look glowy with the foundation! the opening for glass bottle can be quite a chore when controlling the amount of foundation to pour out.

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time using foundations out of bottles with no pump. Come to think of it, all of my foundies have pumps! hehe.

Bummer these didn't live up to the hype!

sleepandwater said...

If it's sheer and doesn't provide that much coverage, you must have excellent skin because it looks gorgeous on you :)

welldressedmaker said...

I LOVE Paul and Joe cosmetics. I think they have the cutest packaging ever. I have a hard time resisting them despite the price!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Mana said...

o0o0oo0o I've always been lemming Paul and Joe products too because of their gorgeous packaging but like you have never really been able to make the splurge (at least not often lol) It's disappointing that these were drying =(

Nunu said...

I have the old formula that came in the frosted glass bottle, I agree with you, too messy and not much coverage! Also the oil control was terrible.

Sharlynn said...

Aw, that's too bad! I hope you find a way to use them like mixing them with something thicker. They're stuff is always looking so adorable.

Cynthia said...

I like Paul & Joe packaging, makes me feel like a princess using their compacts. I'm not too keen on their foundations or cream foundation textures. I got a cream foundation compact and find it too dry for me as well. Their eye shadows, blush and pressed powders are amazing.

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Too bad 30 is so sheer! Cute bottle but that kills it!

Frances said...

I am secretly glad to hear that you think the product isn't worth the hype... cuz I certainly didn't think that highly of it (I've tried the one on the left) XD I was all like am I the only one who doesn't appreciate P&J foundation? lololol