Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Bordeaux

A few months ago, I went to Ulta and the entire line of Revlon cosmetics was 40% off so I picked up a few lip butters and a lip gloss. Little did I know that the Revlon Colorburst lip glosses are amazing. Seriously good stuff. I particularly liked Bordeaux, mostly because it was a nice plummy color but also because it is wearable and adds that extra sharpness that only a bold lip color can add.



The formula is non-sticky and not too glossy. The texture is really creamy like a lipstick but has the moisturizing properties of a gloss. I liked how it felt on my lips - It did not transfer nor was it too tacky for comfort. 


The shade is a lot darker in the packaging than it is after wearing it. I was actually hoping for a really dark plum wine color but it turns out to be a plummy medium red, which I happen to like just as well :) 



After a couple hours the stain of the color stays on. The shine from the gloss is still somewhat there but mostly it's stained.
I do like that it did not dry out my lips in any way. The formula overall is really nice and it didn't feel high maintenance to have it on like many other glosses.

Overall, I think the Colorburst lip glosses are some of the best drugstore finds. The gloss cost me a mere $4-5 on sale and the range of colors were impressive. I really wanted a wearable red gloss more than anything so this was def very fitting :) I typically do not wear lip gloss on a regular basis but this shade is so pretty and the shine is not over the top that I think the Colorburst line will be a staple for a long time to come =)

Do you wear lip gloss? 






28 comments:

ice pandora said...

When I was younger
I used to wear lipgloss.
Now I'm using lipbalm
more these days..

Anyway, great color!
It suits you well c:


xx

Shopping Obsession said...

I used to wear lipgloss a lot but find the one I wear is so sticky. So annoying when the wind blows and my hair is stuck on my lips! But after reading your review, really make me want to give it a try. Gorgeous color!

mandy said...

That lipgloss looks great! Hmm I kinda like that not-shimmery high shine gloss look! Always great when you find inexpensive good products! :D

Sunny said...

This one is gorgeous! Revlon is ridiculously limited here in Belgium, but I'll see if I can spot some of these!

Larie said...

Pretty! I'm not really a lip gloss girl, but I saw this color elsewhere, too, and really want it. I think I'll wait for fall, though! :)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Thanks for the review. I love a good find, especially if they cost drugstore prices. The color is a bit darker than I would go for, but I'd love to try other colors from the same brand.
Seattle Beauty Fashion Blog

Maggie said...

Oh wow the color's beautiful. It looks gorgeous on you!

Unknown said...

the colour looks a little splotchy or is it just me?

http://dear-diary.dawnelia.com

Aya said...

Oooh I like dark-ish lip shades like this! :D

socialitedreams said...

i just love the revlon colorbursts! they all are fabulous. i mostly wear lipstick, but when i wear gloss, these are the winners :)

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Anonymous said...

that is a gorgeous dark wine red! I still like wearing lip glosses, but they're using pink/corally tones ^^ a dark red would be a nice change!

Stephanie said...

This is such a beautiful vampy color! Thanks for sharing Jen--this looks like a color I need to pick up soon =)

Jen said...

The colour looks great on your lips! The photos seem like its made to advertise XD its so cheap for you! :O revlon lip glosses are almost $30 here XD

Ashley said...

Love Bordeaux, I am going to have to get it the next time I see it on sale! I recently got Bellini & it's a lovely layering colour!

Makeup and Mutts said...

You have lovely teeth (random, I realize.) This gloss is so pretty :)

sleepandwater said...

I wish Revlon were 40% off the US prices here, that lip gloss would be such a bargain :) Gorgeous colour on you, it really whitens your teeth (unless your teeth are naturally really white :p). Revlon lip products are simply amazing.

Beauty Box said...

Great colour...I am a huge fan of their lip butters but never tried their colorburst lip glosses...Will def go try them now!!

And yes, I'm a lip gloss wearer but usually on top of lipstick. Can't wear one without the other.

welldressedmaker said...

OOOH the color is lovely!!!

Sharlynn said...

Oh my! The shade looks so luxe on you! Definitely agree that it can be easy to wear and it seems so moisturizing and the stain it leaves is so lovely! I've yet to try any of the colorburst lipglosses! They're expensive in singapore!

Amy said...

That color looks so so so good! I've never tried Revlon's lipglosses before....Very tempting now. thanks for sharing!

Stephanie C said...

I love the color on you! Your lip swatches are amazing

Confessions Of A City Girl said...

Oh wow, that's actually a pretty good stain. I like the color on you as well

~Sherine
Confessions Of A City Girl

Unknown said...

I loooove this lip gloss so much! It was amazing for fall/winter. It is so smooth and the color is gorgeous!

Valentine said...

This colour is wickedly beautiful! Very classy looking. I haven't tried any of the Revlon lipglosses but I'm VERY tempted now!

John Petter said...

Really a nice color.
Hobe Labs Products

Unknown said...

Thank you ladies! You're all lovely :)

Tere said...

I'm not a lip gloss girl but this one looks nice. I love photos too.

Unknown said...

whoa, that is really pigmented! I haven't really tried lipglosses that bright, but it really does make your lips look very sexy :D