Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ray Ban New Wayfarer

Hey lovelies! I hope you all had a delightful Mother's Day weekend. I flew home to visit my family and chill out for the first time in months. Needless to say, I am now back with a vengeance! 

I wanted to blog about my first pair of "high end" sunglasses. I've never been one to invest in a pair because I tend to lose or break them by the end of summer. But then what's the point in that? I figured it's not worth spending lots of money going through one after another without a second thought. It makes more sense for me to buy one that I could use year round ;) And I have for the last 2 months now! 

I tried the original Ray Ban sunnies but I didn't really like the thick frames. The lenses tilted too far into my face and didn't look or feel comfortable. The new wayfarers are a tad smaller and have a slightly thinner frame that fits my face a lot better while still retaining its signature look. I also like the subtle design of the frames, the nice engraving of the logo on both sides of the arm, and the classic timeless look that is the epitome of the brand. 








I think the new design fits people with petite faces. And when you smile the glasses don't get pushed up in a weird position. At first I was hesitant to spend upwards of $100+ on a pair but once I bought it and wore it a few times, you can literally see the difference in quality and construction. The plastic frames are much sturdier and really well made to sit on the face better. The open and closing of the heavy duty metal hinges also feel smooth. The tint in the lenses are great and provide real comfort on sunny days. Mine is in the tortoise color and it feels great. My eyes never feel strained and I never get the feeling that the tint is too dark/not dark enough. 

Warranty: I imagine these will last for years if taken care of properly but if anything gets loose or damaged, I could take it to any Nordstrom's and get it repaired at no cost. I believe you can also send it to Ray Ban as well and it's all covered in their warranty.

Overall, I love these! I don't have any dislikes or anything bad to say about them. I had a ratty pair of Ray Ban's I got from a garage sale when I was a teenager and I held onto it for years and years until it finally tattered away. I taped on the arms and everything! I think I might still have the pieces at my mom's house O_O I used to wear it to the beach when the summers got hot and i wore it to chase the ice cream truck and wore it during school events. And when I finally stored it away to try other sunglasses, I still found myself gravitating toward this brand because no others I've ever owned matched up to the ratty pair I once had. And now when I revisited the brand, it brings back so many nostalgic memories :) I've always loved the cultural icon of these frames and the cool retro vibe of the brand. It's a look I associate with rock stars and style icons. Always classic, always timeless.

Do you have a preferred brand of anything (doesn't have to be sunglasses) either though a childhood story or some nostalgic event? 

30 comments:

나니 said...

I was never big into shades :C They have a tendency to reflect the sunlight onto my nose and burn it big time. /cry

B said...

I love sunglasses. I buy both low and high end. Yours look fab on you! Ray Ban lasts forever, unless they get lost or stoeln.

Unknown said...

I have a pair of K-swiss sunglasses that I think look quite nice on me but do that thing where they get pushed up when I smile >_> ehhh

Those look nice on you! The suit your face.

Unknown said...

Another entry that reminds me to write about a 20-year old ray ban story.

They say diamonds are forever, I say Ray Ban's are forever.

Jacqueline said...

Nice buy, you look so cool with it.

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Oh you can wear these glasses for years. They last a long time. This pair looks good on you.

Amy said...

They look great on you~!
I have the same problem with sunglasses though...I always lose them and break them after a few months so I'm extremely hesitant to buy an upscale pair. I remember going into the sunglasses store at the mall and crying at the price tags. LOL! My boyfriend teased me and tricked the lady into thinking I was a serious buyer. Felt so bad when we left without spending!

Stephanie C said...

I love how the wayfarer's look on you. I've been so tempted to get a pair, now you may have gotten me to go and try them on! Haha.

Stephanie said...

Ohh wow! What a great buy--you look amazing with it!!

Unknown said...

they look really good on you!!! I remembered my first pair of designer sunglasses was Gucci... then now i'm wearing Burberry. I think I prefer designer sunglasses over the no-brand is definitely the quality of the lens. At least with designers, it's certain it will protect your eyes against UV rays. I would say these are great investments!!!

Tracy said...

It's definitely time for a change! It's not easy finding the right pair.. especially one where it fits nicely on Asian features. Also very important that the 'view' is not too tinted.

My sunglasses (Oliver Peoples) is about a few years old now... it costs me $150 or so, and I think its ok (not the best). The sun never comes out here anyway, so I find it pointless to invest in something I won't use so much. I would love to one day buy a Chanel... but I just have a strange odd feeling that I'll buy reading glasses instead. Am I such a geek? :-)

lizchewy said...

I was not a very big fan of sunglasses when I was younger but I love it now. My first pair of designer sunglasses was from Dior but I lost it during a move. Whenever I am looking at sunglasses nowadays I always gravitate towards the Dior display first.

xoxo
Liz

chewylove.blogspot.com

Joey Anna said...

I can never bring myself to buy a pair of Ray Ban's because I don't wear sunglasses.

I do have a fashion one bought from Tangs. But that's it. Red frame and big and suitable for diamond/heart shaped faces. =)

The Ray Ban you have here looks really quality though, and yes, I think they will last you a good long way. =D

Shop N' Chomp said...

Congrats on your awesome new sunnies! I also own New Wayfarers and prefer them over the classic ones. They are also the ones I wear the most b/c they are so light!

Beauty Box said...

What a great story about your fave Ray Bans from childhood!! There are just somethings you can't let go of because you love them so much for some insane reason...!

Lisa said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i loveeee your new ray bans! the tortoise shell and the shape equals perfection! so glamourous!

Anonymous said...

So very cool looking on you!! I remember having a pair of Ray Bans a long time ago. They look so good on you!

Blush said...

Oh they look so nice on you and fits so well on your face! I've only ever bought fairly cheap sunglasses as I have a tendency to not look after them well and they break quickly. But I guess if I ever invest in a nice pair I'd guard it with my life!

Anonymous said...

Nice Wayfarers! they look really good on you. I've been looking for a pair of Jackie O Ray Bans like forever :(

Mara said...

What an investment but totally worth every cent especially with such a grat warranty. I love how they sit on your face, its perfect.

Maggie said...

Ray Bans are the best! It looks really good on you! I'm saving up for a pair of the matte black ones :D

Cominica said...

you look so cool with it XD XD XD

Unknown said...

love these on you! i've been lusting for a pair of RB wayfarers too but also like you i tend to scratch/break a pair every summer :(

MissS.elle said...

OMG how come I didn't see your post on my dashboard!?! These Ray Ban look so good on you! My mom and bf are trying to convince me to buy a good pair of sunglasses and I might try these Ray Ban on ;)

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore RayBan glasses. I have an old pair from like so many years ago and it's still in great condition. The price is surely worth it.

Suzie Q said...

They look so great on you! Great review on them. They are so classic and timeless, so definitely a great investment =) You have such a lovely blog =)

xoxo,
Suzie Q
www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

Saving Capulet said...

RayBan is definitely an investment! looks great and the quality is just superb! those and it suits you perfectly!

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting Ray Bans too! They really suit you!

John Petter said...

Everybody wanna get that glasses.
Buy Ecco Bella Skin Care

welldressedmaker said...

ooooh they look smashing on you! I haven't gotten any sunnies since I had to wear glasses (about 3 years ago) and now I need some! but rx sunnies are so expensive!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights