Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ulta Eyeshadow in Naked

I'm really surprised I hadn't wrote anything about this eyeshadow as I've had it in my makeup bags for years and years! I use it in a variety of ways, as a normal eyeshadow to a highlighter to a light blot powder. It seems very one dimensional but I find that Naked is an eyeshadow that is very multipurpose.




I find that the base color has a slight yellow tinge to it that is really flattering on yellow skintones. It brightens the inner corners of the eyes in a subtle way which I really like. It looks great as a highlight on the brow bone  because it's a nice matte color. I've also used this as a matte highlighter on my cheek bones which I really like as something on the go for touch ups.

Urban Decay's Virgin is similar in color but the shimmers get kind of off putting when it starts looking frosty/metallicy. This one does not, which is why I like it so much. It has a brightening effect that I find is really effective compared to all my neutral beige eyeshadows in my collection.



This is such a simple shadow that functions nicely without much effort. It also helps that this is really wallet friendly at $4.00. Ulta usually has buy 2, get 2 free or similar promotions with their own branded cosmetics :) I've gone through a few of these already. It's really my "secret weapon" when it comes to one thing that can do many, haha. 

Is a single eyeshadow a strange thing to have as multi-purpose product? Thoughts? =D


16 comments:

Shopping Obsession said...

I have the Urban Decay virgin and can't agree with you more about the shimmer. Thanks for the good review!

The Procrastinator said...

it looks a little foxy from naked2

welldressedmaker said...

I always love a proper "nude" shadow! It's the best multi purpose tool!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Amy said...

This sounds so nice!! :D I really like multipurpose products...They reduce the amount of weight I have to carry haha.
I don't really have many multipurpose items though. I just like using my lipsticks as lip tints sometimes. :)

Sunny said...

This looks like Bobbi Brown Bone, which I love for brow bone highlight! If I use a light hand UD Virgin works, but just to avoid any kind of weird flash, I prefer to stick to Bone!

Stephanie said...

Great review Jen! I love these kind of colors, and I love that it's a nice matte eyeshadow! I like to use my eyeshadows as highlighters as well! Great minds think alike =]

Jen said...

Its great you can find a product and make it a multi-purpose one~ :D glad you found an eyeshadow that works in more than one way ^^

Joey Anna said...

Same here! Instead of white for highlight, I prefer to use off-white or cream for highlight because it is more flattering for yellow skin.

Phoebe Limanta said...

That is definitely wallet friendly and so multifunctional! :) I love buying products that I can use of a multitude a things, at the moment I do love my TheBalm Mary Lou-Manizer! :D x

Eugenia said...

I've never tried any of their eye shadows before. Maybe I should next time! I would use this one as a highlighter too.

Unknown said...

This looks like a very practical color because like you said, you can use it for many different purposes. I only have 1 Ulta shadow, but the quality of the shadows is pretty good for the price.

Bravoe Runway said...

I actually prefer single eyeshadows versus the quad because I know I'll use singles. For some reason the quad always has atleast 2 colours I am not a huge fan of. And it's not odd for a single shadow to be multi-purpose.

Unknown said...

I heard many great things about the ULTA eye shadows and this one is such a pretty shade. I do that too with my beige eye shadows. I use it as a highlight on my cheekbones.

Eden-Avalon said...

Wow! I've never tried Ulta brand eyeshadow, though i'm a fan of the glosses. Hum...will definitely check them out.

Beauty Box said...

Nah not strange a all. I think MAC's Shroom works well as an eye shadow base and as a non shimmery highlighting colour.

Beauty Box said...

Oops, I meant Naked Lunch!!!