Friday, May 6, 2011

Hair Treatments Pure Argan Oil

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! I hope your work/school week was pleasant.

My hair has always been problematic. Ever since I was young, I grew out very thick and curly hair. Completely unmanageable. My mom swears it was those Hepatitis shots everyone had to get before starting school =p
Both my parents have really straight hair and I recall my grandparents had straight hair too. It's bizarre! Sometimes I feel like the only Asian with naturally very curly hair. I grew up very embarrassed by it since all my friends had no problem walking out the door with shampoo commercial hair =p Yes, that is life. And darn it.
Well, since I've discovered thermal hair straightening, I can better control my hair. Plus, it's softer and silkier if you maintain it well.

If you've read my hair posts, this won't be a new pic.


This was actually partially straightened from the day before! And right before I went to the salon to straighten it. I've never actually done anything to my hair like bleaching or dyeing it, only using a hot iron but not everyday and only with thermal protection. Sadly, it's still crummy.

Well, it's all better now though. It's been about 4 full months since I straightened my hair and the roots are becoming curly again but it's easier to maintain. And it's softer because I try my best to take care of my hair.
I want to share with you some of my "hair savers" that's worked miracles for me.



1. John Frieda Nighttime Creme Serum, $6-10 Target or drugstores
I was browsing around Target one night and found a $3.00 off coupon for any JF hair product and I wasn't planning on using it since I don't buy anything not on sale =p Well, lo and behold! There was a 3 pack of these night serums on sale for $5.74 or something (Target has really weird prices), so I basically got all three for less than $1 each :) Yippee! Works wonders! I've tried other JF serums and they were really crappy x10000! But this one is super light weight (nighttime) and smells pleasant and gives me softer hair in the morning. I usually air dry my hair after washing it and before I head to bed, it's still a bit damp so I do sometimes blow dry quickly and then put this serum all over it and wake up with very relaxed hair. Just awesome! Thumbs up for this! Sadly, this is my last bottle!

+++
Lightweight
Pleasant Smelling
Non Greasy
Great price



2. Kerastase Lumiere Nutri-Sculpt 




Kerastase is probably my favorite hair brand so far. They've proven to me that their hair serums mean real business. My good friend introduced me to this brand and she's got the most beautiful lush hair ever. She told me that she's gone through bottles and bottles of this stuff and brought me a sample to try one day. I was intrigued and  went and tried it for myself. Needless to say, I will be repurchasing this for a looong time. You apply a dime sized amount and distribute it around your hair when it's still damp (nearly dry) and it just leaves my hair smelling really fresh for hours and incredibly soft and manageable. I haven't had a bad hair day since using this =p It's a bit on the pricey side ($27.00 for 1.7oz/50ml) but it's worth every penny for my hair. I use it pretty sparingly though... like 2 or 3x max =p I imagine it'll last me another 3 or so months. They are from the Loreal company.


3. Kerastase Serum Nutri-Sculpt (below)


Another hair serum! Yipee! This one is the newest edition to my hair family. This serum is supposed to be repairing for sensitized and damaged hair. Since I have my hair layered now, it's really important it looking healthy otherwise it'll look frizzy and bad.


I use this for that extra luster when I go out. It evens out the surface of the hair cuticles and adds a protective micro film to prevent damage. It feels very silky and so special when I leave it on. The silkiness, the scent and how a little bit goes a long way really makes me feel like a million bucks. It really is nothing compared to Fekkai's Glossing Cream or anything I've ever used. I've tried them all! Everything pales in comparison to this serum. The one setback though is the crazy price. It's $50.00 for only 1oz/30ml. Outrageous. I'd love to repurchase but I'd have to rethink it. I hope i find another serum like this for half the price.


And finally... my miracle worker! Morrocan Argan Oil


I have no idea where it's been all my life. I've had this now for a few months and it's been a lifesaver in ever way. It's the perfect fix for dry hair and adds the right amount of shine to it without making it look greasy. I also apply a layer of this to my face before bed and my skin looks well rested in the morning. I hate waking up with sallow, tired skin. There is nothing worse than caking all sorts of moisturizers and stuff in the morning besides your daily SPF. Also, there are many articles that talk about how argan oil can smooth out wrinkles and get rid of crow's feet. They say since this oil penetrates quickly into skin, it balances your skin epidermis (as skin food) and keeps your complexion radiant and young.

Their official website claims:


Moroccan Argan Oil is very rich in:



  • Vitamin F (omega 6): anti-aging and anti-dryness of skin
  • Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory for sensitive skin, UV protection, and aids in cutaneous micro-circulation. Also neutralizes free radicals
  • Phenols: antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, powerful against fungus and bacteria, activates blood circulation and activates Vitamin C
  • Triterpens: restructure cells, is anti-inflammatory and slows down cell aging
  • Squalene: suggested to prevent against skin cancer


This Argan Oil will def be a repurchase for me. I love everything about it! I'm starting to see a lot of makeup with Argan Oil infused in it and I see a lot of skincare products with this stuff in it too. Why not get it in the purest form? :) Median priced at $30.00 for 2.2oz/65ml and $18 for 1oz/30ml. Best purchase I have ever made! =p

What are your hair needs? Thoughts on Argan Oil? Do share! ^_^

Here is a FOTD I took a few days ago. I was experimenting with bronzer... I feel like I over bronzed or something =p

DSCN1311

I look really strange =p You can even the mark from my glasses. I hardly wear contacts since I'm too lazy. Sorry about my weird expression... couldn't really see the camera. I'm really blind! I need Lasik!!
I used Smashbox's Glow blush and a random NYC bronzer I found in my drawer. Lipstick in Revlon's Nude Attitude. I probably shouldn't have gone nude with bronzer. Oh well!

Here's the easy eye I did in 3 mins.

DSCN1313

I used Maybelline's gel liner, Mayelline Colassal mascara and a smidgen of blue eyeshadow from my Wet N Wild Blue palette.

Okay everyone. I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day weekend!!! :) I'm flying out first thing in the morning to see my mother in LA. She's gonna be thrilled =)

Oh! I also wanted to mention that my blog was featured on the homepage of Bloggers.com as an "editor's pick". =p I thought that was kind of interesting in my very uninteresting life! o_o

Screenshot!


LOL, Goodnight!

16 comments:

Liana said...

omg i dont know what i would do without a hair straightener! my hair gets really poufy and frizzy too if i dont blow dry or straighten it..i want to try argan oil bc ive heard so much about it...thanks for sharing!

Fashion Bag 411

Aya said...

Thanks for sharing:) I'm curious about the moroccan argan oil. Sounds like a really nice product!:D

Unknown said...

Wow, I have the same problem with my hair. I should try these products. =o)

나니 said...

So cool that you got featured! WOOH congrats!

You skin looks AMAZING in that photo! *_* so glowy and flawless!

I definitely need to get my hands on that John Frieda one.. My hair is a FRIZZBALL!

sugar sugar said...

congrats on being featured dear! :) i actually have very thin and naturally wavy hair. it's also not very natural for an asian to have hair like i do. ^___^ so you aren't alone, although we have different hair problems.

Tracy said...

I love argan oil products. Its amazing how different a little bit of Morroccan oil does to my hair. But it's fairly pricey so it's good to get some cheaper alternative products.

mandy said...

Your hair looks so soft! :O My hair isn't as curly as yours naturally but it's very poofy and a straight yet a bit wavy (LOL I don't even know if that makes any sense..) I've straightened my hair for a few years and it made my life a lot easier, not too many tangles and it wouldn't be a mess when the weather is humid. But I think it causes excess hair loss :\ My haircare only consist of shampooing! Maybe I should take care of it more to get shampoo commercial hair xD Argan oil sounds interesting! So many people rave about the Moroccan oil for their hair. But it's so pricey..

Makeup and Mutts said...

Congrats on being featured on Bloggers.com! You're so lucky :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the feature babe!
Aww.. Im glad that your hair has become easier for u to manage, makes life a bit easier! :D
I havent tried moroccon oil but I do want to try it. Ive heard goo things about it!

Amy said...

Congrats on getting featured!!! JF night serum sounds promising :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the product recommendations! I've seen argan oil being sold in Sephora from Josie Maran, but I didn't think of using it for hair. It seems like a great product for both the skin and hair though :) And congrats on the feature!

Anonymous said...

I heard Moroccan oil is really good - thanks for vouching for that... they dont really sell that in Japan.. or just really expensive >_< I don't think you look over bronzed there I think you are glowing there!

Alexis the Honey B said...

i love your FOTD! I need to get my hands on those hair products!

Liins said...

Congrats on being featured! =) Thanks again for stopping by my page. Gonna try some of your hair recommendations...xoxo I'm following you now!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

congrats on your feature! hehe i have weird frizzy hair too but glad we can manage, thanks for the review!

pandaphilia

Unknown said...

aww you look sad in your pic today ^^;; I have pretty frizzy hair too...so damn uncooperative. And congrats on being featured!! That's really cool!