Monday, May 2, 2011

April Faves! ^_^

Goshness, April just came and went. Happy May! I kind of lost track of time because, well, I just do =p I'll be flying out of town next weekend to visit my parents and brother and I've been deliriously shopping for them (Mother's Day and brother's birthday) and I'm pretty content with things. Here are some of my April favorites :)


Edit: I don't know why I wrote NYC palettes. Major brain fart =p I changed it!



Wet N' Wild Eyeshadow palette in Greed - I've been really into their eyeshadow palettes lately. After seeing it buzzed around in tons of beauty blogs, I am really glad to have gotten into them. They are very pigmented and long lasting. The only thing I don't like about this palette is the name! Other than that, it makes for pretty eye accents :)




Wet N' Wild Blue Had Me at Hello - My current favorite at the moment. I tend to gravitate toward blues and jewel colors in eyeshadows. I think they suit me the best and the combinations are endless. I love the sheen, the shimmers and the all around versatile colors. They are also fabulous as standalone colors too :) I hope Wet N' Wild continues to bring good quality eyeshadows like this. I'm in search of their holiday 2010 ones still... =p

Edit: Wet N' Wild Cool As A Cucumber. 
Not NYC, =p





Wet N' Wild Cool As a Cucumber - These colors are so soft! The only reason I wanted this was because of the purple but I ended up liking them all. Simple, soft and elegant! :)


Another favorite this month! NYC Creme Blush in Plaza Pink. I know I'm kind of late with their creme blushes but I was really hesitant to try it at first but I'm glad I did!! This blush is amazing. It applies "dry", as in not too creamy or streaky. It's just like a nice sheen of pink! I usually pat a bit of powder blush over this and that's it. Definite rebuy and possibly one of the most versatile color sticks ever. I've used it as a lip color before as well over clear gloss.


Clarins Toning Lotion - I've been using this pretty frequently. I know it says that it's a toner but it's really like a liquid lotion :) Very calming and sans alcohol. Yay! It really calms redness down a lot and I use it for that reason. The one thing I don't really like is the musky old lady scent. It's kind of like that weird warm smell of vanilla. Actually, it's not that bad. Once you pat the toner on your face, the smell is gone. Since it helps with redness, I can handle the scent =p



DHC Rose Facial Treatment Oil - I use a lot of different oils for my face, like rose, argan, vitamin E... I know a lot of people must think I'm crazy, but I really don't feel complete without my facial oils (lol!). I use this rose oil every other day to supplement my moisturizer because I think it really helps my skin a lot to make it look radiant in the morning. Actually, I think this oil is now discontinued (see it on their website.) I got this awhile ago when they had it on sale and now I went to look for it and it says to be discontinued now :( I wonder why?!



And lastly, my most overused powder blushes in April - NYX Natural and Peach! I use this over the NYC creme blush. These two really create the most natural flush. They are silky feeling and medium pigmented. You definitely have to build it up, but when you do it looks really nice and cheeky. Both are matte so that's a plus for being on the natural side.


This is spicy Korean beef soup - Yook Gae Jang (육개장). I had this for dinner tonight... leftovers from Saturday night's dinner. YUM! It's a spicy broth of Korean chilis and various veggies and beef. Really delish and one of my favorites!! :) I'm salivating just looking at it now =p


Alrighty, I cannot wait to read all your monthly favorites! ^_^ If you want me to review something more in depth, do tell me in the comments! Goodnight all!! :)

38 comments:

Oreleona said...

im salivating just looking at the food too! making me super hungry! lol

Ashchronicles said...

I think you've type it wrong..those are Wet n Wild palettes, aren't they? =)
Anyway, lovely april favorites. ^^ I've been itching to get my hands on some more NYX powder blushes. They're really great for the price.

Anonymous said...

I really like the NYC Eyeshadow palette in 'Greed', so pretty! Especially the peachy shades :)

C.M. said...

Those eyeshadow palettes are all from Wet'n'Wild, not NYC. Very pretty, though!

Amy said...

I really want to try the DHC rose oil :( I went to their website and think it's gone for sure boohoo now I really really want it T^T... Anyways, love Yook Gae Jang, too!

breakingrumours said...

I like the blushes that you have,both looks equally good! :D

Shareena said...

I am big fan of wet & wild palette.. I think i said that too many times.. haha!
Ohh that korean beef soup looks really delicious!

Gloria said...

The palette colours are so pretty. I love that shade of light blue as well in the 'Blue had me at hello' palette.

Mindy♥ said...

Hey girl! I'm actually surprised you like Greed because that was my least favorite Wet N Wild palette. lol. But that's what makes makeup so interesting! Different people like different products and have different favorites! ^o^

Carrie Tai said...

beautiful eye colors!

Mandy said...

Oooh! I love the green in the Cool as a Cucumber palette (I think it's Wet N Wild though) :-)

This is a good reminder I need to do my April favorites video soon. Hopefully I'll finish it before the end of this week, haha!

Priscilla said...

I love the colour of your NYC creme blush! It looks like such a pretty dolly pink! Xx

CrystalLuvz said...

I'm still trying to get my hands on the 8 eyeshadow palettes from Wet n Wild. I can only get them when I go to the States... Long wait!!! Love your faves!

Tracy D said...

Those Wet n Wild palettes are so versatile & you can create so many great looks with them! Also love those NYX blushes :)

sugar sugar said...

great faves! i recently reviewed the same blush from NYC LOL! =)

the spicy korean soup looks so good! <3

- susy - said...

I think those are Wet & Wild Palettes! But those are awesome, I have a few!!!

Unknown said...

All - Changed it to Wet N' Wild! Sorry about that!!

Unknown said...

I love those wet n wild palettes too!

Larie said...

Oooh, yook gae jang! I love that :)

o0SerenityAngel0o said...

ooh the palette colors are gorgeous! :)

Makeup and Mutts said...

I love the 8 pan wnw palettes!

Hussy said...

I've been meaning to try those NYX blushes! Thanks for reminding me ;P

Stephanie said...

I picked up the NYC cream blush sticks too!

Amy said...

Envious of your WetnWild swag! :) I've been looking around for Cool as Cucumber for awhile, but have yet to find it...

aki! said...

I've been hearing a ton of good things about Wet n Wild!

seven-percentsolution.blogspot.com

cocoabee said...

i want to try those blushes! the nyc one is always sold out in vancouver!

Unknown said...

You also have great picks! I love the WnW palettes and the NYC blush sticks. I also ordered the NYX blush in Peach and I hope that i love that as well!

/ xw said...

I love WNW palettes!

Cat said...

The Had Me at Hello palette is really pretty... I rarely wear eyeshadow, but when I go partying I do like to rock electric blue or shimmering green eyes sometimes

Anonymous said...

the rose oil sounds amazing! too bad it's discontinued!! wow all the palette looks really pretty... the pink caught my eyes!

RYC - I'm under 5"2 i think.. I'm about 156-7cm! LOL. short huh!

Unknown said...

omgoshh i've been dying for canada to get those wet n' wild 8 colour palettes in comfort zone but still no show :(

Unknown said...

I've got to get myself some of those WnW palettes - I keep seeing them on everyone's blogs >< Great favorites list ^^

Jess said...

These are lovely April faves! I'm always hearing lots of raves about the Wet N' Wild palettes!

My sis uses the same Clarins Toner, and she loves it!

Thank you Jen for always reading my posts! <3

Kristie said...

Love the colors on the Greed palette. It is so summery and pretty. I don't think I've seen those at the local DS. Must check it out. Thanks for the swatches.

Unknown said...

I've got to try these prodcuts, for sure. =o)

Anonymous said...

YUM! Love koren food :) especially all the chiges. I'm chinese but hubby is korean..so we get ALL the yummy food :P

I also use Clarins toner...especially during the summer. gets rid of all the nastiness.

Unknown said...

I really like the 8pan blue palette as well! The cool as a cucumber is very pretty too -- I'm bad at applying purples tho...i tend to look bruised -_-

Unknown said...

I have oily skin and I love using oils like rose, sea buckthorn, argan etc on my skin. They have changed my skin for better. I use Pangea Organics Balancing oil right now and love it. :)

xx
Heel in Mint
www.heelinmint.blogspot.com