Saturday, June 5, 2010

Weekday things and bag voyeurism

I hope you lovely ladies are all having a nice weekend!

During the week, I was busying myself with simple, easy to make food that's tasty and convenient. Besides that, I've been really busy at work packing since we are moving to a new suite on Monday. We just had to get our things in a crate so all the movers can move my files and all the things here and there. It was a busy week =p I am blogging on location right now.
 
 I bought some dim sum to go and had some leftovers along with homemade porridge. The porridge had silver fish and green onions for flavoring. I really love fish flavored porridge. Must look yucky for some people =p I grew up eating this and it brings me sweet memories of my mom's cooking.






One of my favorite comfort foods, deviled eggs! LOL People normally eat this on holidays but I just love it so hard. I am a big time egg lover so I guess that may be a reason. I used a very simple recipe. I scooped out the hard boiled egg yolks and then mashed them with mayo and spicy mustard before setting them back into their egg white cups. Garnished with paprika. Man, I love deviled eggs. I can eat them forever! LOL


BBQ pot roast sandwich. I went out to a smokehouse for BBQ pot roast over the week and had leftovers that were perfect for a sandwich. It's sitting on sourdough bread, and topped with tomatoes and spinach. It would probably taste better pressed but I like it nonetheless.







I wanted to show you guys a new bag I acquired recently :)


I thought this Hexagona bag would be perfect for the summer months since it's nice and white. Normally I am not a big fan of white bags, but this one somehow called to me. I like the lightweight material and how easy it is to cling this bag on your shoulder on your arms.

This is what I have inside! =p

I always wonder what people carry in their bags to make their life easy and accessible. I used to be the biggest hoarder and have everything in one bag but I realize how heavy it can be, especially if I only use 40% of the things.

Some of my favorite essentials (beside my wallet and keys) include lip balms, hand lotion and oil sheets. I also have a variety of knick knacks that I didn't picture like pens, notepads and a cell phone.

I've had the Rosebud Salve for the longest time and it's one of my favorites along with the Burt's Bees pomegranate oil. The Rosebud balm is very cute and the sweet strawberry notes are very pleasing while the balm itself is exquisite highly moisturizing. Can be used for excessive dry skin or cuts. I normally use it for my lips. It's all natural and has no goofy ingredients. I believe it's a best seller for many years. I'm sure you all heard of it.

I carry a little assortment of "power perfumes" in my bag too =p It's in a handy little zipper bag. It just makes me feel powerful in times of stress. Sounds pretty crazy, but during my deadlines and stuff at work, a little spritz of one of my power perfumes really gives me that extra boost =p Most used one is Kenzo Power Herve Ledger. I also love Pink Sugar, but that's just really girly and feminine :) I love woodsy, musky smells that are blended elegantly. They usually define "power" to me. LOL

I also love the Dove Go Fresh in grapefruit and lemongrass!!!!! I can't rave about that one enough. That one and the one in the green bottle, Cucumbers or something. The grapefruit one is an energizing smell that is both citrusy and sweet. It lands on a more sweeter side for me, but just as elegant. I spray it in my office occasionally for a pick me up and I love how it lights up the entire room. I absolutely recommend Dove. It's easy to find, inexpensive and superb. Let me know if you guys love it as well =p

The Aveda hand cream is a must. I go through tubes and tubes of hand cream since I like to keep my hands moist. Nothing is worse than working while your hands and are dry and chapped =/ What are your fave hand creams?! Mine is running out soon and I need new suggestions.

 The little pink tube is a cream blush that I hardly ever use. It's from the Body Shop, and is a nice, pink color that has little fine sparkles in it. It blends very easily and is a soft texture much like the Maybelline matte mousse ones. The tube is perfect for traveling or very busy ppl who do their makeup while multitasking.

And that's all the essentials I really have for now. What is the most important essential you gals carry on the go? I once knew someone who carried a yellow pages type thing in her bag, along with passports, copies of birth certificates, and all that crazy stuff..LOL



My crazy cat Bacon sandwiched in random blankets. I snapped this pic of her a few months ago. She's still as crazy today. I caught her sleeping on top of the fridge 2 days ago! LOL

21 comments:

DiWiMakeup said...

The purse is great for the summer! Love your cat-- so cuteeee!!


xo, Diana

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

the purse looks great! and all the food is sooo yummm :D

Angelique said...

Yummmy food! It successfully made me hungry right now. hehe

Cute purse! It's definitely fitting for summer :].. & you just totally remind me that I have so much crap in my bag! I need to clean it out.

Also since I've been packing, I found that exact duvet cover in the linen closet! I still haven't used it though =x

Lulu said...

haha aww omg your cat is such a cutie~ and hey we have the same blanket :p

food looks so yum! hmm porridge! i love fish porridge too :)

I've always wanted a white bag, but I think if I get one I'll make it dirty fast :( I am also a hoarder, my bag is always so heavy, I carry all the stuff that I think I can use just in case, but in the end I never use them, hahaha. And I complain about how my shoulder hurts when I'm out shopping, tsktsk hahahha

Susie said...

Omg! Dim sum sounds so darn good right now >____<

& that bad is very cute :)

Stephanie C said...

Haha I love that picture of your cat, and I love that you named her Bacon!

I love Dove! I haven't tried their grapefruit one, I'll have to look into it!

Thanks for sharing i love reading entries like these! =)

Crystal said...

The food looks really yummy. Yes, I love rosebud salve, it's ,y all time favorite lip balm!^0^

Ping said...

ohh your food is making me hungry!

i've never heard of hexagona brand before...must check it out! i like when bags aren't heavy. most of my bags that i like are super heavy after carry it for 20 mins and it hurts my shoulders. thanks for sharing!

- susy - said...

So much moving! OMG! Didn't you just move recently too, and now moving at work? Hahahaha. Oh boy. Super busy I see, but at least you still find time to blog for us, yaaay.
Cats do the silliest thing. Back when I still had my cat, she would sleep on top of the computer monitor. Every now and then her paw would dangle down and i'd have to move it back. She'd wake up and she would pop her head down to stare my screen and she'd go apeshit over the mouse and start swatting at it with her paw. I wish I recorded it.

It doesn't look like you carry too much stuff in your purse. You'd be horrified of all the things I carry in mine. No passport/birth certificate/yellow pages but I do carry a lot =X my friends call me a boy scout

Unknown said...

Mmmm i love dim sum! In fact I haven't had dim sum for a long time now :( *tear tear You know what? I've never had deviled eggs! I must try it sometime :p

I love those "what's in your purse" youtube videos! i'm so nosy! :P i really want to buy rosebud salve, but omgoodness...i must stop buying lip balms!! save me! and in terms of hand cream i've used the aveeno one which i really like because i look for ungreasy types so that after moisturizing my hands i won't get everything and especially my keyboard all icky, i really hate that!

i must do a what's in your purse blog post sometime too :)

giang said...

hi babes! thanks for stopping by and commenting, there are many guppys in so cal..there is one in irvine, one in cerritos and one in anaheim hills :) where did you move to???!

rene said...

No. it doesn't look yucky! Because I grow up eating them too. But my parents will fry the silver fish first before tossing them into the porridge! Crunchy!
I love eggs too! but never heard of deviled eggs. sound yummy, gotta give it a try sometime.
Bacon looks so cute!

Leenda said...

lol you cat bacon! hahah! I like your new bag! It's really cute. The food looks delicious. =]

Tiptoe21 said...

I love deviled eggs too! Looks so good

Irene said...

Super cute bag--and kitty!!!! It's so adorable!

I do have a HUGE soft spot for deviled eggs...just make sure you're not eating more than 4/week lol (just the healthcare nut in me!) :)

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

Girl...I make deviled eggs too! My bf & I love it..yummy and easy to make!

That's a cute purse, and thats not a lot of stuff. You should see what in my purse. My whole house! Lol..no wonder why i have shoulder problems! I always carry a 30lbs bag. Haha.

Thats a cute picture of Bacon! Awwwwww :]

ღ Caroline♔ said...

ahhhhh, Deviled Eggs!! I LOVE Deviled Eggs, and I make them the same way you do! :P The sandwich is such a clever way to make the most of your leftovers, Jen! I like your innovative & creative mind when it comes to food! xD

Your new white bag is really cute! I like it! I"m so sad, last year I bought a really cute white bag for summer when I was in Vegas, and then I barely used it for like 4 months and the buckle broke! wth! and I didn't even have the buckle, so it fell off somewhere, so it's not like I could even get it fixed! so sad! :'( hehe I think you are very efficient and smart when it comes to items you have in your bag! Less = better! You remind me that I have to clean out my purse...haha fail! :( I tried clearing out what items I keep in my bag to the best of my ability already, but it's hard! My bf always complains how heavy my purse is, and I hate it, too. At least it's not as heavy now as it was before! xD

Lip balm is a must-have for me. I also have my phone, cards (I'm so lazy and haven't been using my wallet bc it adds extra weight to the purse!), coin purse, lipstick, iPod, hand sanitizer (another MUST!), comb (must! for my bangs lol I hate it when the wind blows it and it gets messed up, so I have to fix it w/my comb)lotion, camera, a small wordsearch book to keep my entertained, and a small notebook that I should take out...haha :P

ugh!! my hands have been drying out lately, and it's really no bueno!! I think I"m going to have to check out your Aveda hand cream. I've heard that L'Occitane hand creams are really good, too!

Lol your cat is so funny! haha I like how you named her Bacon! :P

♥ caroline

Lesley said...

You're so brave for getting a white bag! I'd get mine so dirty! But it's super cute! :-)

Unknown said...

Hahaha...That is not a bag of a hoarder! The size gives a mistaken impression! You have so little stuff there compared to my bag or even my friend's bag (a true hoarder who has everything from GPS to a swiss army knife)! XD

I like your power perfume idea! I have a relaxation aromatherapy thingy in my purse (lavender) for stress relief. I'll have to try using a power perfume to see which works better ;D

Oh and your cat is so cute~~~ looks like she's in mantou and you can just eat her up! XD

sssdawna said...

aww!! what a cute cat = ] yea mine does crazy things too lol power perfumes sound like a good idea...nothing beats a little extra confidence and energy!

Amy said...

Hahaha I love your cat :D