Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Urban Decay Smoke Out Kit

I wanted to review this for a little while already :) I've never tried Urban Decay until now. Have I been missing out or what? I feel like a caveman living in a rock =p I tried the Urban Decay Smoke Out palette which you can find here:

Urban Decay

I have the one in Sweet Lucy.

Here are some of my pictures of it.

It comes with a cute little instruction sheet on how to do the smokey eye. It's slipped conveniently in one of the little pull out drawers in the palette. This palette is also perfect for traveling, which I will be doing soon =D Upon trying it, I found that I really like the colors. I mean, it's typical smoke colors, but I like how it includes the very flattering gray color as well. It's almost a dark metallic, matted silver color. It has a gorgeous texture and goes on very nicely. Not so harsh that you'd have to spend hrs blending the colors. The colors are soft, but highly pigmented. What I liked about this was the fact that I also got to try the mini version of the 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Zero. It glides on so nicely and it's WATERPROOF. I've never had a pencil liner that was waterproof! I think I'll be trying all their colors pretty soon because I have fallen into wagon of these eyeliners. They are so good! My eyeliner stayed on the entire day with very  minimal smudging. I love it. I really want the entire collection now! LOL =p They are pretty pricey... at $17 each at full size =/ I really wish I participated in that Hautelook sale when they had the 30% off or whatever it was... friends & family or something! =| Did anyone buy the Alice in Wonderland kit when they had it over the holidays? =) It was sold out @ every Sephora I went to!

What are your favorite eyeliners/gel liners? =D I normally don't use eyeliner, since I don't want to look all rough edge @ work =p But since I wear glasses most of the time, it kind of takes away its harshness. But whenever I do wear eyeliner, I use Mac's gel liner (but mine is getting all old and dried out now), or just a non-waterproof eye pencil... Palladio, Cargo, and other random brands i can't remember right now. Maybelline just came out with gel liners, as did Physicians Formula and a ton of drugstore brands. I want to try them all but I guess it's one at a time for me. I also saw a bunch of reviews about the Loreal Intense eyeliner from many of you guys :) That one really seems promising!

Here are some dresses that I want to show you guys =) I've been sporting these a lot lately because I like dresses. A LOT.


I apologize for the terrible lighting. I really am going to get a better light this week. I have it all written down in my errands list. I got this dress @ Kohl's! It's Simply Vera by Vera Wang! I'm guessing this is an older piece from her collection. I bought it for $6.80. Yeah! It was 90% off. If you live near a Kohls, definitely check it out! It is a pleated green dress with a nice silky texture. I really love the texture... it's light, and flimsy and it cools your skin when you wear it. I added my own belt since it was a little big around the tummy area. I'm going to get it altered tomorrow when I pick up my dry cleaning after work.


Yellow dotty patterns! =) The ease of liking a dress is so easy for me. It is always the first thing I look for when I go shopping. You know how when you love a certain food at a restaurant and you always go there and look at the menu first but you know inside that it's just a formality? LOL You KNOW exactly what you want already? That's the feeling I get when I go shopping.

I really like this bright floral pattern. It reminds me of wild flowers in the summertime in wine country. All the colors of the greenery are so vibrant and beautiful. Anyway, this dress was something I bought at Target awhile back. I have to take a picture of it in broad daylight. It's a very bright dress. The lighting here just degrades it. =p

 And here I am wearing the Urban Decay Smoke out palette.
I used Revlon Photo Ready foundation in Nude. I love that foundation. You can find my review here =)

Over the weekend, I de-stressed by making  carrot cake cupcakes. I didn't frost them yet since I was waiting for them to cool. One of my best friends (she's like a sister to me) loves to bake, bake and bake. We used to bake cakes at her place whenever I stayed over. When we were younger, we threw empty pizza boxes to our neighbor's backyard. We were such shitty kids then, =p But what's nice was that we were rebellious but we'd have no bad intentions to hurt others =p I really want her to start a baking blog so I can steal all her recipes and share with you beauty junkies and foodies here. My homemade desserts are usually from the box, LOL... but I don't care. I love it.

15 comments:

Mei said...

Love your dresses! what a bargain for the Vera Wang one :)
Hm... not very big on gel liners b/c they all smudge on me(b/c of my oily lids) so now I have to use only liquid :/ but I know many people who doesn't have that problem.

I've heard a lot of goood things about Bobbi Brown's eyeliner~ The Maybelline one smudged a ton on me, but it didn't smudge at all on my friend who also have smudging problems.. so I guess it's a hit/miss~ The Wet n Wild one is also raved about.. and so is L'oreal HIP, both of which I think are okay :P

The cookies look yummmmm! I wish I could cook T_T.
P.s. I really like your writing style ^_^

Katy said...

I've been using Mac Fluidline for years too. I've tried a couple liquid eyeliners just for convenience so I don't have to carry the pot + brush around but always went back to Fluidline. It lasts all day!

Georgina said...

i want to try urban decay's 24/7 pencils too because i didnt like MUFE's Aqua eyes :(

wow, what a great bargain on the simply vera dress! :)

Unknown said...

I love the third dress! ^.^ It suits you very well!<3 have fun travelling and urban decay eyeshadows are the best ^.^

Leenda said...

I have the Urban Decay Smokey Out Kit, but the brown one. =] I really like the shades in that one. You probably already know...me and my neutral colored eyeshadows. lol

My favorite eyeliners would have to be urban decay 24/7 liners, revlon colorstay eyeliners, mac fluidline, and bobbi brown. I like those bc of the staying power.

You have such cute dresses! I can't believe you got that one dress for $6.80! What a steal!

Your carrot cake cupcakes looks so yummy. Mmm...lol I bet it looks even better with icing on top. hahah

Irene said...

Those cupcakes look total YUMMMMMMM.... :D

I like the smokeout palette on you, it is sexy and well...smokey hehe ;) Oooh and must try out that L'Oreal intense liner too! I am always on the hunt for a good eyeliner since I'm naturally such a klutz with the liquid stuff. The gel is just a compromise.

noone said...

the dotty yellow pattern dress is nice! And yeah when I wear glasses I don't wear eyeliners too, I feel that it's too much around my eyes as is hehe. btw those cupcakes look delicious <3

s said...

Carror cake cupcakes yummmmm!! Send me some!!

And you're not alone on the UD stuff ~ I don't own any nor have I tried any. I think I'm like the only person who only uses 1 eyeshadow every day!

Lovely dresses :)

MadsaboutU said...

What a deal you got for your VW dress! i love the last outfit with the floral pattern, it's so cute and it fits you great. Come to think of it, I have never shopped at Kohl's...I should check it out one day. Thanks!:)

Unknown said...

the packaging for the smoke-out kit looks incredible!! i have yet to try out the 24/7 eyeliner but after reading how much you love it i'm excited to try it now! :D i love dresses too! they're soo easy to just slip on and go :) vera wang for $6.80?! that is unheard of! lol

and i love your bright floral dress! i would've bought it for my convocation if i had a target here lol. i bought a floral skirt and separate top instead :P

great job on the smokey eyes! i can only pull it off for really special occasions! if i wore that everyday everyone would be like "jenny? is that you?"

omgoshhh you don't understand how much i love carrot cake!! eeeeeeeeee you HAVE to get your bestie to start a baking blog! please please please!

Tiptoe21 said...

I really like the outfit! The smokey eyes are really gorgeous too. And the cupcakes look good lol

Unknown said...

Cupcakesss im dying to have some!

Also, got you a blog award, come check it out :D Have a great weekend <3 <3

Susie said...

Love your dresses & the smokey eyes ;]

Denysia Yu said...

Love the vera wang dress! :D
And the cupcakes look delicious!

She Wears, She Shares said...

Anything smoky, I am there! I use Chanel's smoky quartz quad eye shadow religiously!