Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cleanser and Foundation Reviews

Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for your support in my last blog post :) I am so flattered by all your kind and unbiased thoughts <3

Anyway, I've been wanting to review this cleanser for a long time! But decided that I should really try it out first before passing any judgement.

Has anyone tried this? I bought it sometime last yr... around December 09 I think? :) I was/am really pleased with this cleanser. It has a strong lavender smell, which may be not for everyone but I loved it. At first, I was a little iffy about the smell but the more I used it, the more the smell reminded me of something nostalgic from the past. Anyone ever feel that way?

Since it is a gel cleanser, foaming action is the most prevalent, however, it does foam quite a bit when you rub your hands together to warm it up before lathering it onto your face. It softened up my skin quite a bit and this is a great makeup remover as well! All the ingredients listed are mostly oils (not even extracts, yay!) so it's very healthy and pure. It removes makeup VERY well... better than most cleansers I've ever used. I think it's from all the oils inside that melts makeup off your skin like butter. The other best cleanser I can honestly swear by is the Philosophy Purity Made Simple one and I can say from my personal experience that the Avalon Organics one is very much like the Philosophy one :) The main ingredients in both cleansers are the plant oils.











The Avalon Organics one is one of my favorites. My face actually feels clean and firm and not dried out as with most cleansers. Plus, no funny synthetic strawberry smell. Just a nice, clean earthy smell. I'm sure the entire line is as impressive but I've only tried the cleanser so far :) One of the best parts? It's around 11.99 at full price and you can get it at your local drug stores. I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond in Santa Monica.

The 2nd thing I want to review is Maybelline's Pure makeup!
First, you can find this anywhere! And 2nd, it's water based, meaning it won't try out your skin or give you that blotchy uneven appearance. It's also a gives sheer to medium sheer coverage which is great for most people since heavy coverage is probably not that good for you anyway =p The consistency of this formula is like a BB cream! It blends to your skin tone after the first application and it gives you a non oily, dewy look. Not the oily dewy look! The healthy glow from within dewiness. Overall, I really like it and have been using it for months. I use the one in light ivory which really evens out my skin majorly. I just apply it with my fingertips and it stays on all day. Setting powder is optional because it dries quite fast and it feels lighter than moisturizer. I keep one in my purse and one at home. I also really like that it comes in a tube form, like a hand cream. It's so easy to squeeze a little bit out for touch ups. And since it's made from 50% water, it's also very hydrating for those who live in drier climates.

Here's some dorky photos I took during my weak attempt at a photo shoot =p. I used Maybelline Pure Makeup, a bit of charcoal eyeshadow, two coats of mascara and NYX lipstick in Indian Princess.


Super tired morning face. I had some makeup on already though. Facial swellness at tolerable picture level =P

 Getting ready to leave for work!



LOL yes. Nail polish I have on is OPI Yoga-Ta get this blue. One of my favorite blue polishes! The dark blue hue is such a powerful color, full of authority, full of mystery.

Do you ladies have perfume you like to wear when you want to make a statement at work or at school? I had a meeting yesterday and I wore Kenzo Power. Something about that scent makes me feel so powerful and adamant, matter of fact. Even the slightest of gestures made me feel so wholly confident and in control. It's exhilarating and nice.

One more work day. Have a wonderful Friday, everyone. Keep blogging!


13 comments:

Susie said...

I want to try Purity! I heard it works really well! It's pretty pricey though, lol. I used Pure Makeup a lot over the Winter :) I don't know why I stopped using it? But it's so lightweight! I love it! :)

Unknown said...

hey pretty! love the sunglasses indoors! just kidding! hehehe i haven't tried any of the two cleansers yet but i definitely heard of some good things about the purity cleanser! my current perfume is vera wang princess which i still love but i'm not that daring when it comes to perfumes! need to expand my perfume horizons soon haha i'm still a little kid, i love the smell of baby lotion/powder and clean laundry when it comes to scents :P haha

Unknown said...

My coworker uses purity,. I tried it once because sephora sent me a sample. I wasn't able to telll how it truly worked because the sample was so small.

http://makeupbykim-porter.com/blog

MissS.elle said...

I love the finish of the foundation! I've seen this in a few drugstore but never thought of trying it. Thanks for sharing! :D

Unknown said...

Ooo...I should try the Maybelline Pure Makeup then. Sounds good ^^ Dewy is exactly what I need in our dry climate.

I don't think I have a power perfume...Maybe Gucci by Gucci, which I rarely wear (I have to dress up first), and so when I do wear it I feel very different (maybe more confident? not sure)

♥ Jhoy ♥ said...

love the review! I should try the maybelline pure makeup sounds great!!!

Leenda said...

Cute pictures! The only cleanser I have tried is the Philosophy Purity cleanser. lol I like it so I've just stuck with it. hahah Nice reviews though on the other products. =]

Angelique said...

Thanks for the reviews :]. I want to try the cleanser but I'm not sure about the lavender smell. I'll check it out next time I'm @ the store.
I still haven't even tried Purity either. I need to find a cleanser that doesn't dry out my face so much. I think my face is getting irritated from my washings -_-

Your skin looks great w/ that foundation!

ChyiX2 said...

Q10 in a cleanser? Your review made me really want to try it out. Can you buy it online?

Unknown said...

ChiX2: Yes, you can buy it online :) Drugstore.com sells it, most likely Amazon and other online retailers.

Cindy Van Dyck said...

Hay dear blogger!
How are you? I'm glad that I've visited this blog! She's lovely.

Please, check mine too & maybe we can follow eachother!
You can also join my GIVEAWAY!
Love, Cindy.

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

another great review..:D
i might try maybelline pure make-up once my revlon mousse runs out...
i used to wear maybelline mousse until they phased it out cuz the bottle was too expensive to carry..i tried the maybelline mineral make-up and it caused me breakouts...tsk tsk.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Tammy said...

Hahaha nooo I didn't drink to oblivion...I'm trying to be more classy you know--by drinking soju in a plastic cup XD jkjk Hope you had a great weekend!