Sunday, March 28, 2010

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation

Moving things back and fourth to the new apartment all day today! Crazyness. I even took a quick nap in the afternoon because I was so exhausted. Tomorrow is another day of moving, and we're that much closer to being done. I'm going to be sad when I don't have internet for the next few days during the transition of the move. The cable and internet guys are coming on the 31st I believe to hook everything up. I'll be moved in no later than Monday or Tuesday =D

Anyway, went to CVS today because I haven't been there in AGES. The last time I went there it was still called Long's Drugs or something =P Gosh, time flies! I've been hearing about these Essence of  Beauty brushes and it got me thinking to find it without having to order online. I bought the purse powder brush for my mineral makeup since I don't really have a brush suited for it. I've also been reading reviews about the Revlon Photo Ready foundation and saw that it was buy 1 get 1 free for all Revlon foundations and powders so I picked up two colors, Nude (004) and Natural Beige (005).



I haven't used the brush yet, but I just know that I will love it. It's not overly soft where it can't pick up enough product and it's not overly dense where it'll pick up too much. I feel it's the right size for my face and for at home use. I wouldn't really carry this in my purse. That's kinda crazy =P It also came with a random eyeliner brush, which I will find some use for eventually. It was only $9.99. Good price huh? =)

I came home right away and prepped my face for the Revlon foundation. Used one pump in Nude (004).



....and wow. I must say that liquid foundations have changed dramatically since the last time I bought them. It was hard for me to find the right shade but this Photo Ready foundation was SO amazing. It's such a lightweight formula that your face will thank you for it. It goes on amazingly smooth and has virtually no smell. I usually stay away from liquid foundations because they go on quite heavy and the idea of having an oily face after a whole day does not turn me on. But I was impressed by this foundation! I didn't even have to wear a setting powder over it because the foundation dried quickly and my skin looked all glowy. Even my Dior and Smashbox foundations don't match the superb quality of this one. Craziness!

I just LOVE this foundation!! It excites me that I found a color that matches me SO perfectly! I haven't tried the Natural Beige (005) yet! It's one shade darker than Nude and I think it'll be good for the summer when my skin gets darker. I'm so excited! I used to be so skeptical about Revlon products... I don't even remember why anymore =P

Here is the makeup I wore today =)

Prescriptives Colorscope Eyeshadow palette (I used the bronzy color on the bottom)
CoverGirl Volume Exact Mascara in black
Smashbox Brow tech palette
MAC Prep + Prime Primer (not pictured! missed that one!)
Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm (my go to balm. I stock it up like there's no tomorrow!)


Still trying to get my hands on a BB cream!! It's all the rage now, right? I was watching a review from Jen about the Lioele BB cream on her latest post. I tried to go on prettyandcute.com but it doesn't seem like they are selling it anymore =/ But I guess I shouldn't complain now since I found a possible HG product! =)

I want to make it my goal sometime in my next post to do a Kristen Stewart Runaways look. Heavy black eye makeup and pale skin. It'll be extremely bold... for me at least since I typically lean on the natural look. Well, I'll try! I'm excited! =D

Lastly, I want to know what are your favorite foundations and why? =) 

Goodnight everyone! =D Will be moving all day tomorrow but I will catch up on all your blogs before the end of the day. Take care!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great that you like the foundation so much xD My favorite foundation so far, and which I really should buy, is the Shiseido foundation stick. It does get pretty oily though so it requires powdering, but I like the way it feels on my skin, the easy application, and how it prevents dry spots (I have combination skin). I guess otherwise I haven't found the perfect one yet!

I love the Burt's bees lip balms too!

Hope your move goes smoothly~

Irene said...

Wow! I'm glad you found your HG drugstore foundation! I have heard nothing but GREAT things about Revlon Foundation - the bottle itself looks so high-end and classy (kind of like Make-Up Forever @ Sephora) Thanks for the review!

I use powder foundation since most of the time, I can't stand anything sitting on my face. :( My fave is Shiseido in the turquoise compact with extra spf!

Mai said...

Is the shimmer fairly obvious in real life with the Photoready?

Haven't really found an HG yet but I'm still looking

Angelique said...

I love the PhotoReady foundation too! It's funny because I bought like 8 different shades of their Colorstay line and none of them fit me! That was majorly frustrating.

I bought 1 of the PhotoReady & it fits me so well.

Good luck moving. I hate moving... but I'll end up having to do that soon and go without internet for a while like you.

Take care.

Unknown said...

I actually really don't use foundation because I hate the feeling of it on my skin >< I think I'll opt for a tinted moisturizer sometime soon! The Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm looks divine!! I never knew it was such a pretty bright pink!

Leenda said...

Glad you found a foundation that works for you! I personally don't wear foundation bc I don't like how it feels on my face. Let me know how you like those essence of beauty brushes bc I love them. I got the kit with the double tipped brushes a long time ago and I still use it. =] I love your scarf? by the way.

Anonymous said...

i love burt's bees pomegranate lip balm, too. love your reviews. :)

Unknown said...

ooh i'll definitely have to check this out.. how well do you think it is for combination skin?

Unknown said...

Issa: Yes, definitely! I have combo skin and it works great! :D

Leeda: Thanks :) Yes, it was one of those scarves from the Old Navy additional 50% off clearance. LOL :p

serenadeveryday said...

The foundation looks flawless on you. I've never tried it but I've heard amazing reviews like this one. Thing is I'm scared of putting any thing on my face that is foundation like, even tinted moisturizers. =/ I feel like they all break me out.

You look really pretty, liking the color the burts bees gives your lips.
Good luck with moving!! Hopefully by now you have internet.

My favorite type of foundation is mineral powder foundation such as BareMinerals or Everyday Minerals [EDM]. I've used BareMinerals for the last 2-3 years and I love it. I really like how it's light weight and it doesn't break me out. I also noticed it kind of absorbs oil off my face. I'm actually trying out EDM right now. I heard it works just as well as BareMinerals and possibly even better. AND it is ALOT cheaper than BareMinerals. I got a sample or EDM a few days ago and I'm still trying it out. =]

I prefer mineral foundation because I feel like any other foundation clogs my pores.

SHIZUKA said...

ooo i love pomegranate might have to buy one of those for myself!! burts bees so cuute <3

ღ Caroline♔ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! hehe :P I was really surprised to see a new subbie yay :) Congrats on possibly finding your new HG foundation! I've heard really good things about the Revlon PhotoReady Foundation--a log of beauty bloggers really like it! I haven't tried, but I'm tempted to sometime soon :P I'm using Maybelline AngelFit foundation right now, and I love it! ^_^

ooh Burt's Bees in pomegranate! I bought that a couple months ago because I needed a new lip balm. It's moisturizing, but the taste bugs me! I don't lick my lips or anything, but I can taste it, and it doesn't go away! Does this happen to you, too?

<3 caroline