Thursday, March 25, 2010

Maybelline Pulse Perfection Review


This mascara came out shortly after Lancome Oscillation vibrating mascara hit the market. I wore it a couple times and I'm not sure that I'm convinced about its greatness and how it compares to Oscillation. This mascara promises intense color, no clumping and extreme volume. When I first tried it on, I was like ehh. It's really made for people who have naturally long lashes because I find that it did not give me the volume I desired or the length that I expected to be in this formula. The color also wasn't very intense either. It was merely a natural black. It's good for the office or just a regular day out. I'd skip this mascara for an evening out. It's not nearly as flattering as thicker formulas. My lashes are pretty short and sparse so it's this one was ehh...  not amazing. Just regular The vibrating wand was interesting. It felt more like a cell phone vibrating lightly. The vibration also didn't feel necessary because it didn't look any different if I were to put it on myself. I'd rather just apply it myself than with the weird vibrating feeling! The only thing I liked was the flexible applicator. It wraps easily around the lashes and is bendable.












Here is what it looked like with flash and natural light.

What do you guys think of vibrating mascaras? Was it trend that you followed or passed?


Anyway, here's the top I wore to work today!

I wasn't able to take a pic of my Michael Kors pants sadly! =/ My top is from Charlotte Russe!









Products used:

Smashbox Quad highlighter on cheeks

    Cargo lip gloss tin South Beach

Neutrogena Eyeshadow Duo in Iced Coffee
The packing has been crazy still! Sadly. I still have to work each day... and pack after work. I guess I'm lucky I get off @ 5pm everyday. Could be worse, but the idea of moving still sucks =( I hate packing! GAH!

I hope you all are doing great! :) Thank you to all my sweet followers =) Reading your guys' blog is an addiction for me! =P

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your top! I've sort of come to distrust Maybelline as a brand, especially their mascaras. If you're looking to elongate you might want to try that one brand that has a mascara called "stiletto"? Can't remember any more. If you want volume then use what I use: Benefit!

Angelique said...

Cute top! :]

I'm a tad bit scared w/ those vibrating mascaras... I feel like I might poke myself in the eye hahaha

Irene said...

You have such a pretty, natural look! PLUS love the top you're wearing, it's gorgeous & lacy!

I haven't tried any of the vibrating mascaras yet - With my klutzy nature, I would end up with injured eyeballs!!!

Are you moving out of SF? Good luck with the move, it's never easy!!!

Mary said...

ooh..i' haven't tried that one yet! good review!

come join my giveaway!

http://simplybeautifulyou.blogspot.com/

Leenda said...

Thanks for the review. Cute work top!