Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Knock on my door

Hello everyone!

I've been so busy for the past few days! I'm moving to a new apartment on the first of April and it's driving me nuts with the packing and the preparation. I really hate to pack and ruin all of my neat little piles of things. It's annoying, right? On top of that, I am living through garbage bags! =P Well, most of my clothes are in there since I'm just moving a few streets up to a more roomier place where I know I can support my shopping addiction there. I'll just have to get more storage though, but the square feet in the apartment is much bigger than the one I have now.

Anyway! Enough about apartments. Thank you all for the sweet comments in my last post. I've really learned everyone's likes and dislikes for makeup brushes! And trying everything once sums it all up for most people, which is good. As long as you're not breaking the bank finding brushes, I don't see why not =)

Amidst all the packing and lease signing, I tried on my ELF false eyelashes. It was a first for me and I had a hard time using the glue. I got a comment about trying Duo eyelash glue, but I picked up Ardell's Lash Grip before I saw the comment! =/ The one I have from Ardell is a waterproof formula.

 The glue is watery but it gets tacky fast and I'd say very good considering the fact that I've never played with falsies before and i used this glue and got it to stick =) It was fun to wear them, but it's kind of hard to do when you're short on time. It would be great to wear them in the evenings out.. I'd feel great too :) If someone can give me a link from where they normally purchase eyelashes, please share! I'd love to order a different ones to see how they differ from ELF :)


 
It's kind of hard to see that I have falsies on! =p I couldn't crop it the right way where you could see them clearly. I think I can zoom in and crop next time... maybe it'll work better. But if you click on the pics, you can see that it's on  =P AND one of them looks like it's falling off. What a nightmare it would be to have it fall off while you're on a date =P

This was my FOTD on Monday before work! :) I was wearing a bronzy eyeshadow and NYX lipstick in Indian Princess. I really love that lipstick! It makes my lips really pinkish and it's moisturizing. They really are great buys :)




I took the pics in the bathroom since there was light coming from the windows. I'm just so glad to be moving where everything will be more functional =P 

Also, I painted my nails on Sunday and here is what they look like today!

 

The color chipped very minimally. I used Sally Hansen French Manicure with the nail tape and all! LOL It came as a set.
It was a good buy, because it was easy to do. The polish is really tough because I use my hands to do everything, from washing dishes to packaging boxes for the move (I packed half the apt already) but the polish stayed on quite well and it seems to be okay now. But I know if I used a darker color such as a deep blue, chipping would be more visible. My favorite blue is Yoga-Ta Get This Blue from OPI. After the move, I think I'll be using that next :)

I hope everyone is doing well. I will be moving things starting Friday so I might not be updating but I will be reading your blogs =) Take care all! 


12 comments:

Mary said...

ur good with ur nail polish application! I'm not soo good, haha..i smudge mines within minutes..!
falsies, i use ardell's or shishem's. for glue, Duo brand is good, lots of people use them

Unknown said...

I actually prefer Lash Grip over Duo Adhesive. Duo is a bit too watery for me.

http://makeupbykim-porter.com

Connie said...

You can tell at the outer corner of your eyes that you have falsies on, and it's gorgeous! I want to try those!

Leenda said...

Moving is a lot of work, but glad to hear you'll be moving to a bigger space! More space = more reasons to shop? Yes! lol

That would be pretty embarassing if your eyelashes fall off during a date! hahah Can you imagine? "Um...there was a spider.." lol haha

Anyway...your nails turned out great! =] I never do french manicures bc I get annoyed at leaving my nails long so I have no nails to manicure? haha

Unknown said...

Good luck moving! I've moved soo many times but I still haven't got it down. X.x;; I still suck at it.

I saw some really awesome false eyelashes at Sephora, but maybe they were for costumes? I figure I'll have to try them on one of these days for a party or something. XD I'm dead afraid of using the glue so I haven't managed to test any falsies yet.

I like using light colored nail polish because I'm afraid of chipping too! I like Sally Hansen because it really lasts! When I worked as a waitress I used "hard as nails" or whatever on a weekly basis and my nails stayed long :D I think I'll have to try buying the tape for manicures too~ I really like your results XD

Catherine said...

Oh man good luck with the move!

The falsies look awesome! I'm still trying to figure out how to get them on myself LOL... I am really terrible with the application. ;_;

And dude, that french looks AWESOME! I could never get those nail tapes to work for me... the polish would always bleed underneath the tape and the line would be ruined ;_; dunno what I was doing wrong. I freehand my french tips now when I do them, but they're nowhere as neat as yours!

s said...

Pretty nails!! Looks like you got them professionally done! Wish I could do it too, but my nails are SHORT >.<

Danielle Barbe said...

thank you, darling! how's the packing coming? that's one of my least favorite things in the world.

Alyssamae. said...

You would think I'd try blending the two to at least see the outcome, but for some odd reason I didnt! lol Perhaps I will over the weekend now that you've mentioned it ;) Thanks for stopping by btw! :)

Sh-Sh-Sh-Shaira! said...

Aw, your fairly new too! awesome! and you already have a lot of posts which is great, i try to do at least one per week. And everytime i do my nails, it always looks nasty, lol. >_<
I remember putting green nailpolish on my toes. It looked so gross! i tried to remove it and i ran out of nail polish. the middle was clean of GROSS green nailpolish but the sides still had some green. I painted it pink over, thinking the green wouldn't be noticable. I was sleepy and i slept and didnt think about my nails. The next day, i forgot about the yucky nail polish and wore flip flops and me and my friends were sitting in a circle in the grass. I think they saw my nails and thought the green part was dirt. Hey, even i would be kinda grossed out if the person next to me had jacked up looking nails. Let's just say this happened over a year ago and its still in my head ;_;

Ahleessa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! :) I have the same falsie glue from Ardell. I haven't had much problem with that... hehe~ Then again I hardly put falsies on. :X

lindah said...

I think lashgrip is good when you are just starting out! It comes off easily with makeup remover. I know my duo is kinda annoying because sometimes it doesn't want to come off! >_< haha! And don't worry about cropping! I can tell the difference between the no lashes/lashes pictures :) I think they look good! I wish I had more time in the morning because I would wear them everyday lol! And I'm trying to recover my nails from wearing nail polish so much :/ I just feel like they're really weak or something!

I think my fleshpot lipstick could possibly look good if I didn't do such a full coverage! But still I could use it with a brown gloss and it should look like a good nude instead of corpse nude :D And I think I am probably darker than you my dear! I'm pretty tanned ^_^